Do Americans want ethanol? A comparative contingent-valuation study of willingness to pay for E-10 and E-85
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shapouri, Hosein & Duffield, James A. & Graboski, Michael S., 1995. "Estimating the Net Energy Balance of Corn Ethanol," Agricultural Economics Reports 34005, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Jutta Roosen & John A. Fox, 2003.
"Demand for Beef from Cattle Administered Growth Hormones or Fed Genetically Modified Corn: A Comparison of Consumers in France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 16-29.
- Lusk, Jayson L. & Roosen, Jutta & Fox, John A., 2001. "Demand For Beef From Cattle Administered Growth Hormones Or Fed Genetically Modified Corn: A Comparison Of Consumers In France, Germany, The United Kingdom, And The United States," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20684, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Shapouri, Hosein & Duffield, James A. & Wang, Michael Q., 2002. "The Energy Balance of Corn Ethanol: An Update," Agricultural Economics Reports 34075, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Beibei & Wang, Feng & Yunze, Wu & Jun, Bi & Maoliang, Bu & Gao, Juan, 2012. "Life cycle implication of the potential commercialization of stover-based E85 in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 371-380.
- Kimberly Jensen & Christopher Clark & Burton English & Dustin Toliver, 2012. "Effects of Demographics and Attitudes on Willingness-to-Pay for Fuel Import Reductions through Ethanol Purchases," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(3), pages 1-17, July.
- Liao, Kenneth & Pouliot, Sébastien, 2016. "Estimates of the Demand for E85 Using Stated-Preference Data off Revealed-Preference Choices," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236107, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Pouliot, Sébastien & Babcock, Bruce A., 2017. "Feasibility of meeting increased biofuel mandates with E85," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 194-200.
- Zhang, Yong & Yu, Yifeng & Li, Tiezhu & Zou, Bai, 2011. "Analyzing Chinese consumers' perception for biofuels implementation: The private vehicles owner's investigating in Nanjing," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 2299-2309, June.
- Winden, Matthew & Cruze, Nathan & Haab, Tim & Bakshi, Bhavik, 2015.
"Monetized value of the environmental, health and resource externalities of soy biodiesel,"
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 18-24.
- Bhavik Bakshi & Nathan Cruze & Tim Haab & Matthew Winden, 2013. "Monetized value of the environmental, health and resource externalities of soy biodiesel," Working Papers 13-02, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- Ho-Young Kim & So-Yeon Park & Seung-Hoon Yoo, 2016. "Public Acceptability of Introducing a Biogas Mandate in Korea: A Contingent Valuation Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-16, October.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:19:y:2016:i:c:p:32-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeong Hwan Bae, 2014. "Supply Portfolio of Bioethanol in the Republic of Korea," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 30, pages 133-161.
- Collantes, Gustavo, 2010. "Do green tech policies need to pass the consumer test?: The case of ethanol fuel," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1235-1244, November.
- Kallas, Zein & Gil, José Maria, 2014. "Consumers' preferences towards biodiesel in the Spanish transport sector: A case study in Catalonia," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182801, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Labandeira, Xavier & Hanemann, Michael, 2013.
"Transport and low-carbon fuel: A study of public preferences in Spain,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages 126-133.
- María L. Loureiro & Xavier Labandeira & Michael Hanemann, "undated". "Transport and Low-carbon. Fuel: A study of Public Preferences in Spain," Working Papers 01-2013, Economics for Energy.
- Krah, Kwabena & Petrolia, Daniel & Coble, Keith & Williams, Angelica & Harri, Ardian, 2015.
"Producer Preferences for Contracts on a Risky Bioenergy Crop,"
2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia
196994, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Krah, Kwabena & Petrolia, Daniel & Williams, Angelica & Coble, Keith & Harri, Ardian & Rejesus, Roderick, 2015. "Producer preferences for contracts on a risky bioenergy crop," Working Papers 212483, Mississippi State University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Sivashankar, Pathmanathan & Weerahewa, Jeevika & Pushpakumara, Gamini & Galagedara, Lakshman, 2016. "An estimation of the willingness to pay for biodiesel: a pilot study of diesel consumers," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 5(1), April.
- Aguilar, Francisco X. & Cai, Zhen & Mohebalian, Phillip & Thompson, Wyatt, 2015. "Exploring the drivers' side of the “blend wall”: U.S. consumer preferences for ethanol blend fuels," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 217-226.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:99-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Tongzhe & McCluskey, Jill J., 2017.
"Consumer preferences for second-generation bioethanol,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-7.
- Li, Tongzhe & McCluskey, Jill J., 2014. "Consumer Preferences for Second-Generation Bioethanol," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170203, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Alló, Maria & Loureiro, Maria L., 2014. "The role of social norms on preferences towards climate change policies: A meta-analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 563-574.
- Kallas, Zein & Gil, José María, 2015. "Do the Spanish want biodiesel? A case study in the Catalan transport sector," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 398-406.
- Kenneth Liao & Sebastien Pouliot & Bruce A. Babcock, 2016. "Estimating Willingness to Pay for E85 in the United States," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 16-wp562, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Adaman, Fikret & KaralI, Nihan & Kumbaroglu, Gürkan & Or, Ilhan & Özkaynak, Begüm & Zenginobuz, Ünal, 2011. "What determines urban households' willingness to pay for CO2 emission reductions in Turkey: A contingent valuation survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 689-698, February.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:32-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gracia, Azucena & Barreiro-Hurlé, Jesús & Pérez y Pérez, Luis, 2014. "Will consumers use biodiesel? Assessing the potential for reducing CO2 emissions from private transport in Spain," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182802, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jensen, Kimberly L. & Clark, Christopher D. & English, Burton C. & Menard, R. Jamey & Skahan, Denise K. & Marra, Adrienne C., 2010. "Willingness to pay for E85 from corn, switchgrass, and wood residues," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1253-1262, November.
- Lim, Seul-Ye & Kim, Hyo-Jin & Yoo, Seung-Hoon, 2017. "Public's willingness to pay a premium for bioethanol in Korea: A contingent valuation study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 20-27.
More about this item
KeywordsE-10 E-85 Ethanol demand Probit with selection Willingness to pay;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:32:y:2010:i:1:p:121-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .