Markets for energy efficiency: Exploring the implications of an EU-wide 'Tradable White Certificate' scheme
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oikonomou, Vlasis & Rietbergen, Martijn & Patel, Martin, 2007. "An ex-ante evaluation of a White Certificates scheme in The Netherlands: A case study for the household sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1147-1163, February.
- Sanstad, Alan H. & Howarth, Richard B., 1994. "`Normal' markets, market imperfections and energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 811-818, October.
- Lutzenhiser, Loren, 1992. "A cultural model of household energy consumption," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 47-60.
- Rader, Nancy A. & Norgaard, Richard B., 1996. "Efficiency and sustainability in restructured electricity markets: the renewables portfolio standard," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 37-49, July.
- Metcalf, Gilbert E., 1994. "Economics and rational conservation policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 819-825, October.
- J. Daniel Khazzoom, 1980. "Economic Implications of Mandated Efficiency in Standards for Household Appliances," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 21-40.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf & Kevin A. Hassett, 1999.
"Measuring The Energy Savings From Home Improvement Investments: Evidence From Monthly Billing Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 516-528, August.
- Kevin A. Hassett & Gilbert E. Metcalf, 1997. "Measuring the Energy Savings from Home Improvements Investments: Evidence from Monthly Billing Data," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9701, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf & Kevin A. Hassett, 1997. "Measuring the Energy Savings from Home Improvement Investments: Evidence from Monthly Billing Data," NBER Working Papers 6074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1979. "Individual Discount Rates and the Purchase and Utilization of Energy-Using Durables," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 33-54, Spring.
- Reddy, Amulya K. N., 1991. "Barriers to improvements in energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 953-961, December.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy paradox and the diffusion of conservation technology," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 91-122, May.
- Johnson, Blake E., 1994. "Modeling energy technology choices : Which investment analysis tools are appropriate?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 877-883, October.
- Unger, Thomas & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2005. "Impacts of a common green certificate market on electricity and CO2-emission markets in the Nordic countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2152-2163, November.
- J. H. Dales, 1968. "Land, Water, and Ownership," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 1(4), pages 791-804, November.
- Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2005.
"Evaluating environmental programs: The perspective of modern evaluation research,"
Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 515-526, December.
- Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2001. "Evaluating Environmental Programs: The Perspective of Modern Evaluation Research," IZA Discussion Papers 397, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2001. "Evaluating environmental programs: the perspective of modern evaluation research," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-59, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Ronald J. Sutherland, 1991. "Market Barriers to Energy-Efficiency Investments," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 15-34.
- Mundaca, Luis, 2007. "Transaction costs of Tradable White Certificate schemes: The Energy Efficiency Commitment as case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4340-4354, August.
- Dermot Gately, 1980. "Individual Discount Rates and the Purchase and Utilization of Energy-Using Durables: Comment," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 373-374, Spring.
- Gates, Robin W., 1983. "Investing in energy conservation : Are homeowners passing up high yields?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 63-71, March.
- Langniss, Ole & Praetorius, Barbara, 2006.
"How much market do market-based instruments create? An analysis for the case of "white" certificates,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 200-211, January.
- Ole Langniss & Barbara Praetorius, 2004. "How Much Market Do Market-Based Instruments Create?: An Analysis for the Case of "White" Certificates," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 425, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- A. Greening, Lorna & Greene, David L. & Difiglio, Carmen, 2000. "Energy efficiency and consumption -- the rebound effect -- a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 389-401, June.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy-efficiency gap What does it mean?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 804-810, October.
- Richard B. Howarth & Alan H. Sanstad, 1995. "Discount Rates And Energy Efficiency," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(3), pages 101-109, July.
- Huntington, Hillard G., 1994. "Been top down so long it looks like bottom up to me," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 833-839, October.
- Scheraga, Joel D., 1994. "Energy and the environment Something new under the sun?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 798-803, October.
- Berkhout, Peter H. G. & Muskens, Jos C. & W. Velthuijsen, Jan, 2000. "Defining the rebound effect," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 425-432, June.
- Jakob, Martin, 2006. "Marginal costs and co-benefits of energy efficiency investments: The case of the Swiss residential sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 172-187, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2009.
"Intra- and extra-union flexibility in meeting the European Union's emission reduction targets,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4329-4336, November.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2009. "Intra- and Extra-Union Flexibility in Meeting the European Union's Emission Reduction Targets," Papers WP290, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Oikonomou, V. & Patel, M.K. & van der Gaast, W. & Rietbergen, M., 2009. "Voluntary agreements with white certificates for energy efficiency improvement as a hybrid policy instrument," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1970-1982, May.
- Andrea Petrella & Sandro Sapio, 2010. "No PUN intended: A time series analysis of the Italian day-ahead electricity prices," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/03, European University Institute.
- Giraudet, Louis-Gaëtan & Guivarch, Céline & Quirion, Philippe, 2012.
"Exploring the potential for energy conservation in French households through hybrid modeling,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 426-445.
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet & Céline Guivarch & Philippe Quirion, 2011. "Exploring the potential for energy conservation in French households through hybrid modelling," CIRED Working Papers hal-00866425, HAL.
- Louis-Gaetan Giraudet & Céline Guivarch & Philippe Quirion, 2012. "Exploring the potential for energy conservation in French households through hybrid modeling," Post-Print hal-00715345, HAL.
- Afshari, Afshin & Friedrich, Luiz, 2016. "A proposal to introduce tradable energy savings certificates in the emirate of Abu Dhabi," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1342-1351.
- Mundaca, Luis & Neij, Lena, 2009. "A multi-criteria evaluation framework for tradable white certificate schemes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4557-4573, November.
- Bertoldi, Paolo & Labanca, Nicola & Rezessy, Silvia & Steuwer, Sibyl & Oikonomou, Vlasis, 2013. "Where to place the saving obligation: Energy end-users or suppliers?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 328-337.
- Stede, Jan, 2017. "Bridging the industrial energy efficiency gap – Assessing the evidence from the Italian white certificate scheme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 112-123.
- Cayla, Jean-Michel & Maïzi, Nadia, 2015. "Integrating household behavior and heterogeneity into the TIMES-Households model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 56-67.
- Bye, Brita & Fæhn, Taran & Rosnes, Orvika, 2018. "Residential energy efficiency policies: Costs, emissions and rebound effects," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 191-201.
- Petrella, Andrea & Sapio, Alessandro, 2012. "Assessing the impact of forward trading, retail liberalization, and white certificates on the Italian wholesale electricity prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 307-317.
- Franzò, Simone & Frattini, Federico & Cagno, Enrico & Trianni, Andrea, 2019. "A multi-stakeholder analysis of the economic efficiency of industrial energy efficiency policies: Empirical evidence from ten years of the Italian White Certificate Scheme," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 240(C), pages 424-435.
- Anil Markandya & Xavier Labandeira & Ana Ramos, 2013. "Policy Instruments to Foster Energy Efficiency," Working Papers 01-2014, Economics for Energy.
- Vlasis Oikonomou & Alexandros Flamos & Niki-Artemis Spyridaki & Wytze Gaast & Ariane Dominicis & Nicolas Chung, 2012. "White certificates and domestic offset schemes: possible synergies," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 187-205, February.
- Therese Nehler, 2018. "A Systematic Literature Review of Methods for Improved Utilisation of the Non-Energy Benefits of Industrial Energy Efficiency," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-27, November.
- Rosenow, Jan & Platt, Reg & Flanagan, Brooke, 2013. "Fuel poverty and energy efficiency obligations – A critical assessment of the supplier obligation in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1194-1203.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency Energy policy Ex-ante evaluation EU-wide tradable white certificate scheme;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:30:y:2008:i:6:p:3016-3043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.