A multi-criteria model for auditing a Predictive Maintenance Programme
Auditing tools can play a key role in the continuous improvement of maintenance policies, in particular to enhance predictive maintenance (PM). This paper proposes a multi-criteria model for auditing a Predictive Maintenance Programme (PMP) developed and implemented in the General Hospital of Ciudad Real (GHCR) in Spain. The model has a two-level structure, with top level auditing areas specified by second level auditing criteria on which the performance of the PMP should be appraised. This structure resulted from the analysis and discussion of an internal questionnaire to the management, technical and consulting staff of GHCR. This also guided the association of a performance scale with each criterion, describing several reference levels of accomplishment. Using the MACBETH (Measuring Attractiveness by a Categorical Based Evaluation Technique) approach, a hierarchical additive value model was constructed, with criteria weights and value scales derived from staff judgments of comparison of different reference levels and profiles of performance. This model enables managers to measure the performance of the PMP and its added value for the hospital, not only against each audit criterion individually, but also on each area and in overall terms. Integrated in a management “tableau de bord”, the model outputs permit the identification of PMP deficiencies requiring urgent intervention and corrective measures for its continuous improvement.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00496558 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katrin Borcherding & Thomas Eppel & Detlof von Winterfeldt, 1991. "Comparison of Weighting Judgments in Multiattribute Utility Measurement," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(12), pages 1603-1619, December.
- Scarf, Philip A., 1997. "On the application of mathematical models in maintenance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 493-506, June.
- Angilella, Silvia & Greco, Salvatore & Matarazzo, Benedetto, 2010. "Non-additive robust ordinal regression: A multiple criteria decision model based on the Choquet integral," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(1), pages 277-288, February.
- Lebas, Michel J., 1995. "Performance measurement and performance management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-3), pages 23-35, October.
- Swanson, Laura, 2001. "Linking maintenance strategies to performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 237-244, April.
- Christer, A. H. & Wang, W. & Sharp, J. M., 1997. "A state space condition monitoring model for furnace erosion prediction and replacement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 1-14, August.
- Bayraktar, Demet, 1998. "A knowledge-based expert system approach for the auditing process of some elements in the quality assurance system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 37-46, September.
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2008.
"A decade of application of the Choquet and Sugeno integrals in multi-criteria decision aid,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2010. "A decade of application of the Choquet and Sugeno integrals in multi-criteria decision aid," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00496558, HAL.
- Bana e Costa, Carlos A. & Nunes da Silva, Fernando & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 2001. "Conflict dissolution in the public sector: A case-study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 388-401, April.
- Pasiouras, Fotios & Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Zopounidis, Constantin, 2007. "Multicriteria decision support methodologies for auditing decisions: The case of qualified audit reports in the UK," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(3), pages 1317-1330, August.
- Bana e Costa, Carlos A. & Oliveira, Rui Carvalho, 2002. "Assigning priorities for maintenance, repair and refurbishment in managing a municipal housing stock," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 380-391, April.
- Cliville, Vincent & Berrah, Lamia & Mauris, Gilles, 2007. "Quantitative expression and aggregation of performance measurements based on the MACBETH multi-criteria method," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 171-189, January.
- James S. Dyer & Rakesh K. Sarin, 1979. "Group Preference Aggregation Rules Based on Strength of Preference," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 822-832, September.
- Edwards, Ward & Barron, F. Hutton, 1994. "SMARTS and SMARTER: Improved Simple Methods for Multiattribute Utility Measurement," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 306-325, December.
- Wang, Hongzhou, 2002. "A survey of maintenance policies of deteriorating systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(3), pages 469-489, June.
- Bottomley, Paul A. & Doyle, John R., 2001. "A comparison of three weight elicitation methods: good, better, and best," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 553-560, December.
- Figueira, José Rui & Greco, Salvatore & Slowinski, Roman, 2009. "Building a set of additive value functions representing a reference preorder and intensities of preference: GRIP method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 460-486, June.
- Waeyenbergh, Geert & Pintelon, Liliane, 2002. "A framework for maintenance concept development," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 299-313, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:217:y:2012:i:2:p:381-393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.