Development of reusable bid evaluation models for the Portugese Electric Transmission Company
Bid evaluation is the process of selecting a contractor from a number of bidders. The decision analysis models currently in use at the Portuguese Electric Transmission Company (REN) to evaluate bids were developed through a decision conferencing process supported by the MACBETH multicriteria approach and software. This paper presents the various components of this interactive socio-technical process. Given the number of contracts awarded by REN each year, it was crucial that the models be reusable in similar calls for tenders; this required substantial care in structuring the criteria, with a focus on constructed scales, and building value function models based on qualitative pairwise comparison judgments of difference in attractiveness. Also of particular interest is the approach for weighing benefits against costs.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: LSE Library Portugal Street London, WC2A 2HD, U.K.|
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.lse.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jakrapong Pongpeng & John Liston, 2003. "TenSeM: a multicriteria and multidecision-makers' model in tender evaluation," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 21-30.
- Dyer, JS & Lorber, HW, 1982. "The multiattribute evaluation of program-planning contractors," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 673-678.
- Edwards, Ward & Barron, F. Hutton, 1994. "SMARTS and SMARTER: Improved Simple Methods for Multiattribute Utility Measurement," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 306-325, December.
- Bana e Costa, Carlos A. & Nunes da Silva, Fernando & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 2001. "Conflict dissolution in the public sector: A case-study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 388-401, April.
- Bana e Costa, Carlos A. & Chagas, Manuel P., 2004. "A career choice problem: An example of how to use MACBETH to build a quantitative value model based on qualitative value judgments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 323-331, March.
- Bana e Costa, Carlos A. & Oliveira, Carlos S. & Vieira, Victor, 2008. "Prioritization of bridges and tunnels in earthquake risk mitigation using multicriteria decision analysis: Application to Lisbon," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 442-450, June.
- Gregory, Robin & Lichtenstein, Sarah & Slovic, Paul, 1993. "Valuing Environmental Resources: A Constructive Approach," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 177-197, October.
- Oliveira, Rui Carvalho & Lourenco, Joao Carlos, 2002. "A multicriteria model for assigning new orders to service suppliers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(2), pages 390-399, June.
- Zedan Hatush & Martin Skitmore, 1997. "Criteria for contractor selection," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 19-38.
- Bana e Costa, Carlos A. & Corrêa, Émerson C. & De Corte, Jean-Marie & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 2002. "Facilitating bid evaluation in public call for tenders: a socio-technical approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 227-242, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:22697. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.