The effect of the economic transition on the body mass index of conscripts in Poland
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keane, Michael & Prasad, Eswar, 1998.
"Consumption and Income Inequality in Poland During the Economic Transition,"
98-38, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Eswar S Prasad & Michael P. Keane, 1999. "Consumption and Income Inequality in Poland During the Economic Transition," IMF Working Papers 99/14, International Monetary Fund.
- Osmani, Siddiq & Sen, Amartya, 2003. "The hidden penalties of gender inequality: fetal origins of ill-health," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, pages 105-121.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lipowicz, Anna, 2007. "Hypertension among Polish males during the economic transition," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 61-73, March.
- Eiji YAMAMURA, 2011.
"pOSITIVE EXTERNALITIES OF CONGESTION ON HEALTH: A CASE STUDY OF CHRONIC ILLNESS IN JAPAN FOR THE PERIOD 1988– 2009,"
Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management,
Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 6(3), pages 15-34, August.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Positive externalities of congestion on health: A case study of chronic illness in Japan for the period 1988–2009," MPRA Paper 30863, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Popławska, Helena & Wilczewski, Adam & Dmitruk, Agnieszka & Hołub, Wojciech, 2013. "The timing of sexual maturation among boys and girls in eastern Poland, 1980–2000: A rural–urban comparison," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, pages 221-226.
- Ivanova, Ludmila & Dimitrov, Plamen & Ovcharova, Dora & Dellava, Jocilyn & Hoffman, Daniel J., 2006. "Economic transition and household food consumption: A study of Bulgaria from 1985 to 2002," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 383-397, December.
- Wronka, Iwona & Pawlinska-Chmara, Romana, 2007. "Childcare, height and BMI among female Polish university students, 2005," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 435-442, December.
- Chrzanowska, Maria & Koziel, Slawomir & Ulijaszek, Stanlej J., 2007. "Changes in BMI and the prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents in Cracow, Poland, 1971-2000," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 370-378, December.
- Liczbińska, Grażyna & Czapla, Zbigniew & Nowak, Oskar & Piontek, Janusz, 2016. "Body mass index values of conscripts in the Polish lands under Prussian rule in the late 19th and early 20th centuries," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, pages 75-83.
- Zajc Petranović, Matea & Tomas, Željka & Smolej Narančić, Nina & Škarić-Jurić, Tatjana & Veček, Andrea & Miličić, Jasna, 2014. "A six decades long follow-up on body size in adolescents from Zagreb, Croatia (1951–2010)," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, pages 155-164.
- Stillman, Steven, 2006. "Health and nutrition in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union during the decade of transition: A review of the literature," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 104-146, January.
- Lipowicz, Anna & Szklarska, Alicja & Mitas, Andrzej W., 2016. "Biological costs of economic transition: Stress levels during the transition from communism to capitalism in Poland," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, pages 90-99.
- Ulijaszek, Stanley J. & Koziel, Slawomir, 2007. "Nutrition transition and dietary energy availability in Eastern Europe after the collapse of communism," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 359-369, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol:v:2:y:2004:i:1:p:97-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.