Economic transition and household food consumption: A study of Bulgaria from 1985 to 2002
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Fogel & Dora Costa, 1997. "A theory of technophysio evolution, with some implications for forecasting population, health care costs, and pension costs," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 34(1), pages 49-66, February.
- Koziel, Slawomir & Welon, Zygmunt & Bielicki, Tadeusz & Szklarska, Alicja & Ulijaszek, Stanley, 2004. "The effect of the economic transition on the body mass index of conscripts in Poland," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 97-106, March.
- Rangelova, Rossitsa, 2003. "Bio-demographic change and socio-economic trends in Bulgaria," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 413-428, December.
- Ralitza Dimova & Ira N. Gang & John S. Landon-Lane, 2005. "The Informal Sector During Crisis and Transition," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2005-18, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Alexandre KOLEV, 2005. "Unemployment, job quality and poverty: A case study of Bulgaria," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 144(1), pages 85-114, March.
- John Marangos, 2002. "A Political Economy Approach to the Neoclassical Model of Transition," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 259-276, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antelo, Manel & Magdalena, Pilar & Reboredo, Juan C., 2017.
"Economic crisis and the unemployment effect on household food expenditure: The case of Spain,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 11-24.
- Antelo, Manel & Magdalena, Pilar & Reboredo, Juan C., 2015. "Economic crisis and the unemployment effect on household food expenditure: The case of Spain," MPRA Paper 77004, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Corinna Manig & Alessio Moneta, 2014.
"More or better? Measuring quality versus quantity in food consumption,"
Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 155-178, July.
- Corinna Manig & Alessio Moneta, 2009. "More or Better ? Measuring Quality versus Quantity in Food Consumption," LEM Papers Series 2009/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Corinna Manig & Alessio Moneta, 2009. "More Or Better? Measuring Quality Versus Quantity In Food Consumption," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-13, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Viola Bruschi & Ksenia Shershneva & Irina Dolgopolova & Maurizio Canavari & Ramona Teuber, 2015. "Consumer Perception of Organic Food in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Saint Petersburg, Russia," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(3), pages 414-432, June.
- MILIJEVIC Srdjan & SKLAVOUNOS Nikolaos & ROTSIOS Konstantinos, 2020. "Consumers' Purchase Intentions Towards Novel Dairy Products: Evidence From Greece And Serbia," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 15(3), pages 152-167, December.
- Ulijaszek, Stanley J., 2007. "Frameworks of population obesity and the use of cultural consensus modeling in the study of environments contributing to obesity," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 443-457, December.
- Abu Dalou, Ahmad Yosuf, 2016. "Height of Northern Jordanian middle-class adults, born 1960–1990 in the response to improving socio-economic conditions," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 155-160.
- Ralitza Dimova & Ira N. Gang & Monnet B.P. Gbakou & Daniel Hoffman, 2014.
"The Impact of Food and Economic Crises on Diet and Nutrition,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(12), pages 1687-1699, December.
- Ralitza Dimova & Ira N. Gang & Monnet B. P. Gbakou & Daniel Hoffman, 2012. "The impact of food and economic crises on diet and nutrition," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 17512, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Kolleen J. Rask & Norman Rask, 2017. "The Impact of Regime Type on Food Consumption in Low Income Countries," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 59(1), pages 107-125, March.
- Rahmani, Roham & Bakhshoodeh, Mohammad & Zibaei, Mansour & Heijman, Wim J.M., 2012. "Economic and Environmental Impacts of Dietary Changes in Iran: An Input-Output Analysis," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 2(4), pages 1-17, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stillman, Steven, 2006. "Health and nutrition in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union during the decade of transition: A review of the literature," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 104-146, January.
- Dimova, Ralitza & Wolff, François-Charles, 2008. "Are private transfers poverty and inequality reducing? Household level evidence from Bulgaria," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 584-598, December.
- Grigor Sarijski & Rossitsa Rangelova, 2007.
"Development of Long-Term Scenarios for Healthcare Expenditure in Bulgaria,"
Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 27-57.
- Rossitsa Rangelova & Grigor Sariiski, 2007. "Development of Long-term Scenarios for Health Care Expenditure in Bulgaria," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 7, pages 47-66.
- Fogel, Robert W, 2004. "Health, Nutrition, and Economic Growth," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 643-658, April.
- Ilhom Abdulloev & Ira N. Gang & John Landon-Lane, 2011.
"Migration as a Substitute for Informal Activities: Evidence from Tajikistan,"
311, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Abdulloev, Ilhom & Gang, Ira N. & Landon-Lane, John, 2011. "Migration as a Substitute for Informal Activities: Evidence from Tajikistan," IZA Discussion Papers 6236, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ilhom Abdulloev & Ira N. Gang & John Landon-Lane, 2011. "Migration as a Substitute for Informal Activities: Evidence from Tajikistan," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1124, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Bukvic, Rajko, 2010.
"Foundations, Results and Perspectives of Transition: A Case of Serbia,"
Ekonomika, Journal for Economic Theory and Practice and Social Issues, Society of Economists Ekonomika, Nis, Serbia, vol. 56(4), December.
- Bukvić, Rajko, 2010. "Foundations, results and perspectives of transition: A case of Serbia," MPRA Paper 69873, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Gregori GalofrÃ©-VilÃ & Martin McKee & David Stuckler, 2022. "Quantifying the mortality impact of the 1935 old-age assistance," European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 62-77.
- Tindara Addabbo & Rosa García-Fernández & Carmen Llorca-Rodríguez & Anna Maccagnan, 2013. "The effect of the crisis on material deprivation in Italy and Spain," Department of Economics (DEMB) 0019, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Department of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Baez, Javier E., 2011.
"Civil wars beyond their borders: The human capital and health consequences of hosting refugees,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 391-408, November.
- Baez, Javier E., 2008. "Civil Wars beyond their Borders: The Human Capital and Health Consequences of Hosting Refugees," IZA Discussion Papers 3468, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hui Zheng & Jonathan Dirlam & Paola Echave, 2021. "Divergent Trends in the Effects of Early Life Factors on Adult Health," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 40(5), pages 1119-1148, October.
- Hui Zheng, 2014. "Aging in the Context of Cohort Evolution and Mortality Selection," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(4), pages 1295-1317, August.
- Martin Kahanec & Anzelika Zaiceva & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2011.
"Ethnic Minorities in the European Union: An Overview,"
Chapters, in: Martin Kahanec & Klaus F. Zimmermann (ed.), Ethnic Diversity in European Labor Markets, chapter 1,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Martin Kahanec & Anzelika Zaiceva & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2010. "Ethnic Minorities in the European Union: An Overview," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1090, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kahanec, Martin & Zaiceva, Anzelika & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2010. "Ethnic Minorities in the European Union: An Overview," IZA Discussion Papers 5397, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Douglas Almond & Janet Currie, 2011. "Killing Me Softly: The Fetal Origins Hypothesis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(3), pages 153-172, Summer.
- Nguyen, Duy Loi & Nguyen, Binh Giang & Tran, Thi Ha & Vo, Thi Minh Le & Nguyen, Dinh Ngan, 2014. "Employment, Earnings and Social Protection for Female Workers in Vietnam’s Informal Sector," MPRA Paper 61989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Enrique Acosta & Alain Gagnon & Nadine Ouellette & Robert R. Bourbeau & Marilia R. Nepomuceno & Alyson A. van Raalte, 2020. "The boomer penalty: excess mortality among baby boomers in Canada and the United States," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2020-003, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Dimiter IALNAZOV & Nikolay NENOVSKY, 2010.
"The Evolution of Post-Communist Countries: An Interpretation from the Perspective of Cooperation,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
1600, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Dimiter Ialnazov & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2010. "The evolution of post-communist countries: An interpretation from the perspective of cooperation," ICER Working Papers 03-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Jiameng Cui & Xinru Guo & Xin Yuan & Hao Wu & Ge Yu & Biao Li & Changgui Kou, 2022. "Analysis of Rheumatic Heart Disease Mortality in the Chinese Population: A JoinPoint and Age–Period–Cohort Study," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(16), pages 1-11, August.
- Bukvić, Rajko, 2013. "Transition in Serbia: Foundations, results and perspectives," MPRA Paper 70166, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Nov 2013.
- Bargain, Olivier & Etienne, Audrey & Melly, Blaise, 2021.
"Informal pay gaps in good and bad times: Evidence from Russia,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 693-714.
- Olivier Bargain & Audrey Etienne & Blaise Melly, 2021. "Informal pay gaps in good and bad times: Evidence from Russia," Post-Print hal-03683390, HAL.
- Ichiro Iwasaki & Taku Suzuki, 2016.
"Radicalism Versus Gradualism: An Analytical Survey Of The Transition Strategy Debate,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 807-834, September.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Suzuki, Taku, 2015. "Radicalism versus Gradualism: An Analytical Survey of the Transition Strategy Debate," RRC Working Paper Series 45, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol:v:4:y:2006:i:3:p:383-397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.