Global influences on UK manufacturing prices: 1970-2000
This paper presents substantial new evidence on the competitive process that links together industrial economics and international economics. Our time-series data base concerns manufactured product prices and their domestic and international determinants. We identify cointegrating relationships, using single equation and multivariate methods.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Bergin, Paul R., 2003. "A model of relative national price levels under pricing to market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 569-586, June.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y. & Smith, R. J., 1996. "Testing for the 'Existence of a Long-run Relationship'," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9622, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Godley, Wynne A H & Nordhaus, William D, 1972. "Pricing in the Trade Cycle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 853-82, September.
- Paul Krugman, 1982. "Trade in Differentiated Products and the Political Economy of Trade Liberalization," NBER Chapters, in: Import Competition and Response, pages 197-222 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, Chris, 1998. "An Empirical Model of Pricing, Market Share and Market Conduct: An Application to Import Competition in US Manufacturing," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(2), pages 196-221, March.
- Harry Bloch & A. Michael Dockery & David Sapsford, 2004. "Commodity prices, wages, and U.S. inflation in the twentieth century," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 26(3), pages 523-545, April.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1996.
"Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?,"
NBER Working Papers
5862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1997. "Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1243-1272, September.
- Muellbauer, John, 1991. "Productivity and Competitiveness," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(3), pages 99-117, Autumn.
- Menon, Jayant, 1995. " Exchange Rate Pass-Through," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 197-231, June.
- Norman, Neville R, 1975. "On the Relationship between Prices of Home-Produced and Foreign Commodities," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 426-39, November.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Ron P. Smith, 1998. "Structural Analysis of Cointegrating VARs," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 471-505, December.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Smith, Ron P., 1998. "Structural Analysis of Cointegrating VARs," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9811, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:crs:wpaper:9645 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:51:y:2007:i:5:p:1205-1221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.