Do state trading exporters distort trade?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brander, James & Krugman, Paul, 1983.
"A 'reciprocal dumping' model of international trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 313-321, November.
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1980. "A "Reciprocal Dumping" Model of International Trade," Working Papers 405, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James A. Brander & Paul Krugman, 1983. "A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1982. "A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade," Working Papers 513, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Marie Thursby, 1988. "Strategic Models, Market Structure, and State Trading: An Application to Agriculture," NBER Chapters,in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 79-108 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCorriston, Steve & MacLaren, Donald, 2005. "The trade distorting effect of state trading enterprises in importing countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1693-1715, October.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2002.
"An empirical test of the rent-shifting hypothesis: the case of state trading enterprises,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 135-157, October.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2001. "An Empirical Test of the Rent-Shifting Hypothesis: The Case of State Trading Enterprises," Working Papers 201567, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- Alston, Julian M. & Gray, Richard S., 2000. "State Trading Versus Export Subsidies: The Case Of Canadian Wheat," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1989. "Optimal trade taxes for a large country with non-atomistic firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-2), pages 157-167, February.
- Scoppola, Margherita, 1995. "Multinationals and agricultural policy in the EC and USA," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 11-25, February.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Marchand, Maurice & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1989.
"The Public Firm as an Instrument for Regulating an Oligopolistic Market,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 283-301, April.
- Cremer, H. & Marchand, M. & Thisse, J.-F., 1987. "The public firm as an instrument for regulating an oligopolistic market," CORE Discussion Papers 1987010, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- CREMER, Helmuth & MARCHAND, Maurice & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1989. "The public firm as an instrument for regulating an oligopolistic market," CORE Discussion Papers RP 832, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- White, Mark D., 1996. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization and subsidization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 189-195, November.
- Kenneth Fjell & Debashis Pal, 1996. "A Mixed Oligopoly in the Presence of Foreign Private Firms," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 737-743, August.
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1990. " Game Theoretic Models of Mixed Oligopoly," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17.
- Debashis Pal & Mark D. White, 1998. "Mixed Oligopoly, Privatization, and Strategic Trade Policy," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 264-281, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McCorriston, Steve & MacLaren, Donald, 2006. "The Economic Effects of State Trading Enterprises: Market Access and Market Failure," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25326, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Steve McCorriston & Donald MacLaren, 2010. "The Trade and Welfare Effects of State Trading in China with Reference to COFCO," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(4), pages 615-632, April.
- MacLaren, Donald & McCorriston, Steve, 2007. "An Assessment of the Economic Effects of COFCO," China's Agricultural Trade: Issues and Prospects Symposium, July 2007, Beijing, China 55026, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Soregaroli, Claudio & Sckokai, Paolo, 2011. "Modelling Agricultural Commodity Markets under Imperfect Competition," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 116012, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Steve McCorriston & Donald MacLaren, 2013. "Domestic and Trade Equivalences of State Trading Importers," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 1006-1020, November.
- Yoon, Jung-hyun & Lim, Song Soo, 2013. "Potential trade distortion effects of state trading enterprises under the tariff-rate quota scheme," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-19.
- David Franck & Nadeem Naqvi, 2011. "Will export taxes replace VERs?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 35(4), pages 484-489, October.
- Bourgeon, Jean-Marc & Jean, Sebastien & Maillet, Anais, 2015. "State Trading Enterprises and Price Stabilization," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211367, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Margherita Scoppola, 2007. "Economies of scale and market structure in international grain trade," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(2-3), pages 277-291, September.
- Ederington,Josh & Ruta,Michele, 2016. "Non-tariff measures and the world trading system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7661, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:51:y:2007:i:1:p:225-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.