Estimating cost functions in regulated industries characterized by asymmetric information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dag Morten Dalen & Gomez-Lobo, Gomez-Lobo, 1996. "Regulation and incentive contracts: An empirical investigation of the Norwegian bus transport industry," IFS Working Papers W96/08, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Gasmi, F & Ivaldi, M & Laffont, Jean Jacques, 1994.
"Rent Extraction and Incentives for Efficiency in Recent Regulatory Proposals,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 151-176, May.
- Gasmi, Farid & Ivaldi, Marc & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1992. "Rent Extraction and Incentives for Efficiency in Recent Regulatory Proposals," IDEI Working Papers 21, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 614-641, June.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1987. "Auctioning Incentive Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 921-937, October.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Alban, 1995. "Regulating Pollution under Asymmetric Information: The Case of Industrial Wastewater Treatment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 357-373, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Nielsen, Kurt, 2003. "Yardstick Based Procurement Design In Natural Resource Management," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25910, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Beniamina Margari & Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia & Massimiliano Piacenza, 2007.
"Regulatory and environmental effects on public transit efficiency: a mixed DEA-SFA approach,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 131-151, October.
- Beniamina Buzzo Margari & Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia & Massimiliano Piacenza, 2006. "Regulatory and Environmental Effects on Public Transit Efficiency. A Mixed DEA-SFA Approach," CERIS Working Paper 200613, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Ginés Rus & M. Socorro, 2010.
"Infrastructure Investment and Incentives with Supranational Funding,"
Transition Studies Review,
Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 17(3), pages 551-567, September.
- Ginés DE RUS & M. Pilar SOCORRO, 2009. "Infrastructure investment and incentives with supranational funding," Departmental Working Papers 2009-18, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Socorro, M. Pilar & De Rus, Ginés, 2011. "Infrastructure investment and incentives with supranational funding," Working Papers 2011-13, FEDEA.
- Peter Bogetoft & Kurt Nielsen, 2002.
"DEA Based Yardstick Competition in Natural Resource Management,"
CIE Discussion Papers
2002-04, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Nielsen, Kurt, 2003. "DEA based yardstick competition in natural resource management," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57928, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Jos Blank, 2013. "Maximizing public value for subsidized non-profit firms: a mathematical economic model," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 173-183, October.
- Sheriff, Glenn, 2009. "Implementing second-best environmental policy under adverse selection," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 253-268, May.
- AGRELL, Per & BOGETOFT, Peter, 2013. "Benchmarking and regulation," CORE Discussion Papers 2013008, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Batarce, Marco, 2016. "Estimation of urban bus transit marginal cost without cost data," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 241-262.
- Lavergne, Pascal & Thomas, A., 1997. "Semiparametric estimation and testing in models of adverse selection, with an aplication to environmental regulation," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 6221, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Reiss, Peter C. & Wolak, Frank A., 2003. "Structural Econometric Modeling: Rationales and Examples from Industrial Organization," Research Papers 1831, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Pierre-Andre Chiappori & Bernard Salanie, 2000.
"Testing for Asymmetric Information in Insurance Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(1), pages 56-78, February.
- Pierre-André Chiappori & Bernard Salanié, 1997. "Testing for Asymmetric Information in Insurance Markets," Working Papers 97-11, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Nielsen, Kurt, 2008. "DEA based auctions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 184(2), pages 685-700, January.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Salanie, Bernard, 1997. "Empirical contract theory: The case of insurance data," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 943-950, April.
- Judy Shaw-Er & Wang Chiang & Ya-Wen Chen, 2005. "Cost structure and technological change of local public transport: the Kaohsiung City Bus case," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(12), pages 1399-1410.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:41:y:1997:i:3-5:p:935-942. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.