Incentive Regulatory Policies: the Case of Public Transit Systems in France
This paper is aimed at assesssing the empirical relevance of the new theory of regulation inspired by the theory of incentives. It contributes to the econometrics of asymmetric information models by using the principal-agent framework for studying the regulatory schemes used in French urban transport industry.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: 05 61 22 55 63
Web page: http://www-gremaq.univ-tlse1.fr/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernard Caillaud & Patrick Rey & Roger Guesnerie & Jean Tirole, 1987.
"Government Intervention in Production and Incentives Theory: A Review of Recent Contributions,"
472, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- B. Caillaud & R. Guesnerie & P. Rey & J. Tirole, 1988. "Government Intervention in Production and Incentives Theory: A Review of Recent Contributions," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(1), pages 1-26, Spring.
- Philippe Gagnepain & Marc Ivaldi, 2002.
"Stochastic Frontiers and Asymmetric Information Models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 145-159, September.
- Gagnepain, P. & Ivaldi, M., 1998. "Stochastic Frontiers and Asymmetric Information Models," Papers 98.503, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Philippe Gagnepain & Marc Ivaldi, 2002. "Stochastic Frontiers and Asymmetric Information Models," Post-Print hal-00622849, HAL.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Loeb, Martin & Magat, Wesley A, 1979. "A Decentralized Method for Utility Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 399-404, October.
- Magnus, J.R., 1982. "Multivariate error components analysis of linear and nonlinear regression models by maximum likelihood," Other publications TiSEM 9ffb33fe-f5af-470f-b405-f, School of Economics and Management.
- Gasmi, F & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, W W, 1997. "Incentive Regulation and the Cost Structure of the Local Telephone Exchange Network," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 5-25, July.
- Dag Morten Dalen & Andres Gomez Lobo, 1996. "Regulation and incentive contracts: An empirical investigation of the Norwegian bus transport industry," IFS Working Papers W96/08, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Harry F. Campbell, 1975. "Deadweight Loss and Commodity Taxation in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 8(3), pages 441-47, August.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, June.
- Cornwell, C. & Schmidt, P., 1993. "Production Frontiers and Efficiency Measurement," Papers 427e, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics.
- Magnus, Jan R., 1982. "Multivariate error components analysis of linear and nonlinear regression models by maximum likelihood," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 239-285, August.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-153211 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:gremaq:99.515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.