Asymmetric stable Paretian distribution testing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lau, Amy Hing-Ling & Lau, Hon-Shiang & Wingender, John R, 1990. "The Distribution of Stock Returns: New Evidence against the Stable Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 217-223, April.
- Groenendijk, Patrick A. & Lucas, Andre & de Vries, Casper G., 1995. "A note on the relationship between GARCH and symmetric stable processes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 253-264, September.
- Muneya Matsui & Akimichi Takemura, 2008. "Goodness-of-fit tests for symmetric stable distributions—Empirical characteristic function approach," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 17(3), pages 546-566, November.
- McCulloch, J Huston, 1997. "Measuring Tail Thickness to Estimate the Stable Index Alpha: A Critique," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 74-81, January.
- Choi, Pilsun & Nam, Kiseok, 2008. "Asymmetric and leptokurtic distribution for heteroscedastic asset returns: The SU-normal distribution," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 41-63, January.
- Brooks, C. & Clare, A.D. & Dalle Molle, J.W. & Persand, G., 2005. "A comparison of extreme value theory approaches for determining value at risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 339-352, March.
- McCulloch, J. Huston & Percy, E. Richard, 2013. "Extended Neyman smooth goodness-of-fit tests, applied to competing heavy-tailed distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 275-282.
- Marc S. Paolella, 2016. "Stable-GARCH Models for Financial Returns: Fast Estimation and Tests for Stability," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-28, May.
- Markus Haas, 2004. "Mixed Normal Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(2), pages 211-250.
- Küchler, Uwe & Tappe, Stefan, 2013. "Tempered stable distributions and processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(12), pages 4256-4293.
- M. C. Jones & M. J. Faddy, 2003. "A skew extension of the t‐distribution, with applications," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 159-174, February.
- Haas, Markus & Krause, Jochen & Paolella, Marc S. & Steude, Sven C., 2013. "Time-varying mixture GARCH models and asymmetric volatility," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 602-623.
- Simon A. Broda & Marc S. Paolella, 2009.
"CHICAGO: A Fast and Accurate Method for Portfolio Risk Calculation,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 7(4), pages 412-436, Fall.
- Simon A. BRODA & Marc S. PAOLELLA, 2006. "CHICAGO: A Fast and Accurate Method for Portfolio Risk Calculation," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-08, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Feb 2008.
- Szymon Borak & Wolfgang Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Stable Distributions," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-008, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- repec:gam:jecnmx:v:4:y:2016:i:2:p:25:d:69492 is not listed on IDEAS
- Broda, Simon & Paolella, Marc S., 2007. "Saddlepoint approximations for the doubly noncentral t distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 2907-2918, March.
- Tomasz Kozubowski, 2000. "Exponential Mixture Representation of Geometric Stable Distributions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 52(2), pages 231-238, June.
- Harvey, Campbell R. & Siddique, Akhtar, 1999. "Autoregressive Conditional Skewness," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(04), pages 465-487, December.
- Ghose, Devajyoti & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "The relationship between GARCH and symmetric stable processes: Finding the source of fat tails in financial data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-251, September.
- Broda, Simon A. & Haas, Markus & Krause, Jochen & Paolella, Marc S. & Steude, Sven C., 2013. "Stable mixture GARCH models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 292-306.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Marc S. Paolella, 2015. "New Graphical Methods and Test Statistics for Testing Composite Normality," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-29, July.
- Eugene F. Fama, 1963. "Mandelbrot and the Stable Paretian Hypothesis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 420-420.
- Jochen Krause & Marc S. Paolella, 2014. "A Fast, Accurate Method for Value-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(2), pages 1-25, June.
- Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S. & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2000. "Diagnosing and treating the fat tails in financial returns data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 389-416, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:506:y:2018:i:c:p:156-169 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHill-type estimators; Likelihood ratio test; Tail index;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecosta:v:1:y:2017:i:c:p:19-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/econometrics-and-statistics .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.