Bayesian modeling of joint and conditional distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- De Iorio, Maria & Muller, Peter & Rosner, Gary L. & MacEachern, Steven N., 2004. "An ANOVA Model for Dependent Random Measures," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 205-215, January.
- Geweke, John, 2007. "Interpretation and inference in mixture models: Simple MCMC works," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3529-3550, April.
- Peter Hall & Jeff Racine & Qi Li, 2004. "Cross-Validation and the Estimation of Conditional Probability Densities," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 1015-1026, December.
- John Geweke, 2004. "Getting It Right: Joint Distribution Tests of Posterior Simulators," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 799-804, January.
- Villani, Mattias & Kohn, Robert & Giordani, Paolo, 2009. "Regression density estimation using smooth adaptive Gaussian mixtures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 155-173, December.
- Chung, Yeonseung & Dunson, David B., 2009. "Nonparametric Bayes Conditional Distribution Modeling With Variable Selection," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(488), pages 1646-1660.
- Gerfin, Michael, 1996.
"Parametric and Semi-parametric Estimation of the Binary Response Model of Labor Market Participation,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 321-339, May-June.
- Michael Gerfin, 1993. "Parametric and Semiparametric Estimation of the Binary Response Model of Labor Market Participation," Diskussionsschriften dp9315, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S, 2008. "Nonparametric Estimation of Conditional CDF and Quantile Functions With Mixed Categorical and Continuous Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 423-434.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355, September.
- Griffin, J.E. & Steel, M.F.J., 2006. "Order-Based Dependent Dirichlet Processes," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 179-194, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3692 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael, 2007. "Smoothly mixing regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 252-290, May.
- Taddy, Matthew A. & Kottas, Athanasios, 2010. "A Bayesian Nonparametric Approach to Inference for Quantile Regression," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(3), pages 357-369.
- Norets, Andriy & Pelenis, Justinas, 2014.
"Posterior Consistency In Conditional Density Estimation By Covariate Dependent Mixtures,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 606-646, June.
- Norets, Andriy & Pelenis, Justinas, 2011. "Posterior Consistency in Conditional Density Estimation by Covariate Dependent Mixtures," Economics Series 282, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Sally A. Wood, 2002. "Bayesian mixture of splines for spatially adaptive nonparametric regression," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 513-528, August.
- Hayfield, Tristen & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2008. "Nonparametric Econometrics: The np Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i05).
- Jason Abrevaya, 2001. "The effects of demographics and maternal behavior on the distribution of birth outcomes," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 247-257.
- David B. Dunson & Ju-Hyun Park, 2008. "Kernel stick-breaking processes," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(2), pages 307-323.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Celso Brunetti & Jeffrey H. Harris & Shawn Mankad, 2018. "Bank Holdings and Systemic Risk," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-063, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- repec:taf:jnlasa:v:112:y:2017:i:519:p:948-965 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:advdac:v:13:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s11634-018-0313-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Federico Bassetti & Roberto Casarin & Francesco Ravazzolo, 2015.
"Bayesian nonparametric calibration and combination of predictive distributions,"
2015/03, Norges Bank.
- Roberto Casarin & Federico Bassetti & Francesco Ravazzolo, 2015. "Bayesian Nonparametric Calibration and Combination of Predictive Distributions," Working Papers 2015:04, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Pelenis, Justinas, 2014. "Bayesian regression with heteroscedastic error density and parametric mean function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P3), pages 624-638.
- Sam Schulhofer-Wohl & Andriy Norets, 2009. "Heterogeneity in income processes," 2009 Meeting Papers 999, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Laura Liu, 2018.
"Density Forecasts in Panel Data Models: A Semiparametric Bayesian Perspective,"
- Laura Liu, 2018. "Density Forecasts in Panel Data Models : A Semiparametric Bayesian Perspective," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-036, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
More about this item
KeywordsMixture of normal distributions; Consistency; Bayesian conditional density estimation; Heteroscedasticity and non-linearity robust inference;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:168:y:2012:i:2:p:332-346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.