Regression density estimation using smooth adaptive Gaussian mixtures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521785167, March.
- De Iorio, Maria & Muller, Peter & Rosner, Gary L. & MacEachern, Steven N., 2004. "An ANOVA Model for Dependent Random Measures," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 205-215, January.
- George Kapetanios, 2007. "Measuring Conditional Persistence in Nonlinear Time Series," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(3), pages 363-386, June.
- Geweke, John, 2007. "Interpretation and inference in mixture models: Simple MCMC works," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3529-3550, April.
- Villani, Mattias & Kohn, Robert & Giordani, Paolo, 2007. "Nonparametric Regression Density Estimation Using Smoothly Varying Normal Mixtures," Working Paper Series 211, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- David J. Nott & Robert Kohn, 2005. "Adaptive sampling for Bayesian variable selection," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(4), pages 747-763, December.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 2003. "Inflation and monetary policy in the twentieth century," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 22-45.
- Smith, Michael & Kohn, Robert, 1996.
"Nonparametric regression using Bayesian variable selection,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 317-343, December.
- Smith, M. & Kohn, R., "undated". "Nonparametric Regression using Bayesian Variable Selection," Statistics Working Paper _009, Australian Graduate School of Management.
- Sassan Alizadeh & Michael W. Brandt & Francis X. Diebold, 2002. "Range-Based Estimation of Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1047-1091, June.
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael, 2007. "Smoothly mixing regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 252-290, May.
- David B. Dunson & Natesh Pillai & Ju-Hyun Park, 2007. "Bayesian density regression," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 69(2), pages 163-183.
- Sally A. Wood, 2002. "Bayesian mixture of splines for spatially adaptive nonparametric regression," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 513-528, August.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521780506, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Casarin & Stefano Grassi & Francesco Ravazzolo & Herman K. van Dijk, 2015.
"Dynamic predictive density combinations for large data sets in economics and finance,"
2015/12, Norges Bank.
- Roberto Casarin & Stefano Grassi & Francesco Ravazzolo & Herman K. van Dijk, 2016. "Dynamic Predictive Density Combinations for Large Data Sets in Economics and Finance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-084/III, Tinbergen Institute, revised 03 Jul 2017.
- Salimans, Tim, 2012.
"Variable selection and functional form uncertainty in cross-country growth regressions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 267-280.
- Tim Salimans, 2011. "Variable Selection and Functional Form Uncertainty in Cross-Country Growth Regressions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-012/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cozzini, Alberto & Jasra, Ajay & Montana, Giovanni & Persing, Adam, 2014. "A Bayesian mixture of lasso regressions with t-errors," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 84-97.
- Kalliovirta, Leena & Meitz, Mika & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2016. "Gaussian mixture vector autoregression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 192(2), pages 485-498.
- Villani, Mattias & Kohn, Robert & Nott, David J., 2012. "Generalized smooth finite mixtures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 121-133.
- Gregor Kastner, 2016. "Sparse Bayesian time-varying covariance estimation in many dimensions," Papers 1608.08468, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2017.
- Norets, Andriy, 2015. "Bayesian regression with nonparametric heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 185(2), pages 409-419.
- Paolo Giordani & Xiuyan Mun & Robert Kohn, 2012. "Efficient Estimation of Covariance Matrices using Posterior Mode Multiple Shrinkage," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 11(1), pages 154-192, December.
- Quiroz, Matias & Villani, Mattias, 2013. "Dynamic mixture-of-experts models for longitudinal and discrete-time survival data," Working Paper Series 268, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Norets, Andriy & Pelenis, Justinas, 2012. "Bayesian modeling of joint and conditional distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 332-346.
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian inference Markov chain Monte Carlo Mixture of experts Nonparametric estimation Splines Value-at-Risk Variable selection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:153:y:2009:i:2:p:155-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.