The effectiveness of Japanese foreign exchange interventions during 1991-2001
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominguez, Kathryn M., 1998. "Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 161-190, February.
- Mark P. Taylor & Lucio Sarno, 2001.
"Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective and, If So, How Does It Work?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 839-868, September.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P, 2001. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective, and, If So, How Does It Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Osterberg, William P., 1997. "Why do central banks intervene?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 909-919, December.
- Mussa, Michael, 1976. " The Exchange Rate, the Balance of Payments and Monetary and Fiscal Policy under a Regime of Controlled Floating," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 229-248.
- Chang, Yuanchen & Taylor, Stephen J., 1998. "Intraday effects of foreign exchange intervention by the Bank of Japan1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 191-210, February.
- Catherine Bonser-Neal, 1996. "Does central bank intervention stabilize foreign exchange rates?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 43-57.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hall, Yosuke & Kim, Suk-Joong, 2009. "What drives Yen interventions in Tokyo?: Do off-shore foreign exchange markets matter more than Tokyo market?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 175-188, April.
- Kurita, Takamitsu, 2014. "Dynamic characteristics of the daily yen–dollar exchange rate," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 72-82.
- Adam Geršl, 2006. "Testing the Effectiveness of the Czech National Bank’s Foreign-Exchange Interventions," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 56(09-10), pages 398-415, September.
- Cheng, Ai-ru (Meg) & Das, Kuntal & Shimatani, Takeshi, 2013.
"Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility: Evidence from Japan using realized volatility,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 87-98.
- Ai-ru (Meg) Cheng & Kuntal Das & Takeshi Shimatani, 2013. "Central Bank Intervention and Exchange Rate Volatility: Evidence from Japan Using Realized Volatility," Working Papers in Economics 13/19, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Ledenyov, Dimitri O. & Ledenyov, Viktor O., 2015. "Wave function method to forecast foreign currencies exchange rates at ultra high frequency electronic trading in foreign currencies exchange markets," MPRA Paper 67470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hoshikawa, Takeshi, 2008. "The effect of intervention frequency on the foreign exchange market: The Japanese experience," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 547-559, June.
- Beine, Michel & Lecourt, Christelle, 2004.
"Reported and secret interventions in the foreign exchange markets,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 215-225, December.
- Michel Beine & Christelle Lecourt, 2004. "Reported and secret interventions in the foreign exchange market," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10427, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2007. "Empirical analysis of the exchange rate channel in Japan," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 887-904, October.
- Michel Beine & Ariane Szafarz, 2006. "Size matters: Central bank interventions on the Yen/Dollar exchange rate," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 49(1), pages 5-20.
- Georgios Chortareas & Ying Jiang & John C. Nankervis, 2013. "Volatility and Spillover Effects of Yen Interventions," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 671-689, September.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:32-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Suk-Joong & Sheen, Jeffrey, 2006. "Interventions in the Yen-dollar spot market: A story of price, volatility and volume," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 3191-3214, November.
- Marsh, Ian W., 2011. "Order flow and central bank intervention: An empirical analysis of recent Bank of Japan actions in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 377-392, March.
- Kim, Suk-Joong & Le, Anh Tu, 2010. "Secrecy of Bank of Japan's Yen intervention: Evidence of efficacy from intra-daily data," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 369-394, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:84:y:2004:i:3:p:377-381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.