Does central bank intervention stabilize foreign exchange rates?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bailey, Warren Bernard, 1988. "Money Supply Announcements and the Ex Ante Volatility of Asset Prices," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(4), pages 611-620, November.
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Lewis, Karen K., 1996.
"Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 285-312, April.
- Kaminsky, G.L. & Lewis, K.K., 1992. "Does Foreign Exchange Intervention Signal Future Monetary Policy?," Weiss Center Working Papers 93-3, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Karen K. Lewis, 1993. "Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-1, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Graciela Kaminsky & Karen K. Lewis, 1993. "Does Foreign Exchange Intervention Signal Future Monetary Policy?," NBER Working Papers 4298, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Karen K. Lewis, 1996. "Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?," Working Papers 96-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Bonser-Neal, Catherine & Tanner, Glenn, 1996. "Central bank intervention and the volatility of foreign exchange rates: evidence from the options market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 853-878, December.
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Whaley, Robert E, 1987. " Efficient Analytic Approximation of American Option Values," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 301-320, June.
- Sean Becketti & Gordon H. Sellon, 1989. "Has financial market volatility increased?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jun, pages 17-30.
- Madura, Jeff & Tucker, Alan L., 1992. "Trade deficit surprises and the ex ante volatility of foreign exchange rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 492-501, October.
- Kathryn M. Dominguez, 1993. "Does Central Bank Intervention Increase the Volatility of Foreign Exchange Rates?," NBER Working Papers 4532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- K. Doroodian & Tony Caporale, 2001. "Central bank intervention and foreign exchange volatility," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 7(4), pages 385-392, November.
- Woosik Moon & Yeongseop Rhee, 2006. "Spot and foward market intervention during the 1997 Korean currency crisis," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(238), pages 243-268.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2004. "The effectiveness of Japanese foreign exchange interventions during 1991-2001," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 377-381, September.
- Domowitz, Ian & El-Gamal, Mahmoud A., 2001.
"A consistent nonparametric test of ergodicity for time series with applications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 365-398, June.
- Domowitz, I. & El-Gamal, M.A., 1997. "A Consistent Nonparametric Test of Ergodicity for Time Series with Applications," Working papers 9716, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Johnson, Christian A., 2001. "Un modelo de intervención cambiaria," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(271), pages 339-367, julio-sep.
- Iván Giner & Omar Mendoza, . "Foreign exchange intervention in Venezuela," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Foreign exchange market intervention in emerging markets: motives, techniques and implications, volume 24, pages 292-300 Bank for International Settlements.
- Domowitz, I. El-Gamal, M., 1997. "Financial Market Structure and the Ergocicity of Prices," Working papers 9719, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Rogers, J. M. & Siklos, P. L., 2003.
"Foreign exchange market intervention in two small open economies: the Canadian and Australian experience,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 393-416, June.
- Jeff M. Rogers & Pierre Siklos, 2001. "Foreign Exchange Market Intervention in Two Small Open Economies: The Canadian and Australian Experience," Research Paper Series 57, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Woosik Moon & Yeongseop Rhee, 2006. "Spot and foward market intervention during the 1997 Korean currency crisis," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(238), pages 243-268.
- Bahram Adrangi & Mary Allender & Kambiz Raffiee, 2011. "An Ex-Post Empirical Investigation of the Efficacy of Central Bank Interventions in Currency Markets: Bilateral Exchange Rate of the Dollar," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 19-34, August.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks and banking; Central ; Foreign exchange rates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:1996:i:qi:p:43-57:n:v.81no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LDayrit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.