GARCH estimation and discrete stock prices: an application to low-priced Australian stocks
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert F. Engle & Jeffrey R. Russell, 1998. "Autoregressive Conditional Duration: A New Model for Irregularly Spaced Transaction Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1127-1162, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Jerry A. Hausman & Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1991.
"An Ordered Probit Analysis of Transaction Stock Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
3888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Lo, Andrew W. & MacKinlay, A. Craig, 1992. "An ordered probit analysis of transaction stock prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 319-379, June.
- Hausman, J.A. & Lo, A.W. & MacKinlay, A.C., 1991. "An Ordered Probit Analysis of Transaction Stock Prices," Weiss Center Working Papers 26-91, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Lo, Andrew W. & MacKinlay, Archie Craig, 1955-, 1990. "An ordered probit analysis of transaction stock prices," Working papers 3234-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Joel Hasbrouck, 1999. "The Dynamics of Discrete Bid and Ask Quotes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2109-2142, December.
- Lange, Stephen, 1999. "Modeling asset market volatility in a small market:: Accounting for non-synchronous trading effects," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Tina Hviid Rydberg & Neil Shephard, 2002.
"Dynamics of trade-by-trade price movements: decomposition and models,"
OFRC Working Papers Series
2002fe04, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Tina Hviid Rydberg & Neil Shephard, 2003. "Dynamics of Trade-by-Trade Price Movements: Decomposition and Models," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 1(1), pages 2-25.
- Tina Hviid Rydberg & Neil Shephard, 2002. "Dynamics of trade-by-trade price movements: decomposition and models," Economics Papers 2002-W1, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Jurgen A. Doornik & Marius Ooms, 2000.
"Multimodality and the GARCH Likelihood,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0798, Econometric Society.
- Gleason, Kimberly C. & Lee, Chun I. & Mathur, Ike, 2000. "An explanation for the compass rose pattern," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 127-133, August.
- McKenzie, Michael D. & Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Ho, Yew Kee, 2000. "Exploring the economic rationale of extremes in GARCH generated betas The case of U.S. banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 85-106.
- Szpiro, George G., 1998. "Tick size, the compass rose and market nanostructure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1559-1569, December.
- Morgan, I G & Trevor, R G, 1999. "Limit Moves as Censored Observations of Equilibrium Futures Price in GARCH Processes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(4), pages 397-408, October.
- M. F. Omran & E. McKenzie, 2000. "Heteroscedasticity in stock returns data revisited: volume versus GARCH effects," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 553-560.
- Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Fry, Tim R. L., 2001. "GARCH modelling of individual stock data: the impact of censoring, firm size and trading volume," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 215-222, June.
- Wang, Huaiqing & Wang, Chen, 2002. "Visibility of the compass rose in financial asset returns: A quantitative study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1099-1111, June.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Renault, Eric & Trognon, Alain, 1987. "Generalised residuals," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 5-32.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:81:y:2003:i:2:p:215-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.