GARCH modelling of individual stock data: the impact of censoring, firm size and trading volume
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Dongcheol & Kon, Stanley J, 1994. "Alternative Models for the Conditional Heteroscedasticity of Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(4), pages 563-598, October.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J., 1996. "Modeling volatility persistence of speculative returns: A new approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 185-215, July.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Engle, Robert F. & Mustafa, Chowdhury, 1992. "Implied ARCH models from options prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 289-311.
- Gonzalez-Rivera, Gloria, 1996. "Time-varying risk The case of the American computer industry," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 333-342, February.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Lastrapes, William D, 1990. "Persistence in Variance, Structural Change, and the GARCH Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 225-234, April.
- McClain, Katherine T. & Humphreys, H. Brett & Boscan, Atahualpa, 1996. "Measuring risk in the mining sector with ARCH models with important observations on sample size," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 369-391, December.
- Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & McKenzie, Michael D. & Ho, Yew Kee, 2000. "U.S. Banking Sector Risk in an Era of Regulatory Change: A Bivariate GARCH Approach," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 17-43, January.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabbaghi, Omid & Sabbaghi, Navid, 2011. "Carbon Financial Instruments, thin trading, and volatility: Evidence from the Chicago Climate Exchange," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 399-407.
- Semen Son-Turan, 2016. "The Impact of Investor Sentiment on the "Leverage Effect"," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 8(1), pages 4-18, April.
- De Moor, Lieven & Sercu, Piet, 2013. "The smallest firm effect: An international study," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 129-155.
- De Moor, Lieven & Sercu, Piet, 2011. "The smallest stocks are not just smaller: US and international evidence," Working Papers 2011/28, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Bissoondoyal-Bheenick, Emawtee & Brooks, Robert D., 2010. "Does volume help in predicting stock returns? An analysis of the Australian market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 146-157, June.
- Omid Sabbaghi & Navid Sabbaghi, 2014. "An empirical analysis of the Carbon Financial Instrument," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(2), pages 209-234, April.
- Henrik Amilon, 2002. "A Score Test for Discreteness in GARCH Models," Research Paper Series 76, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Amilon, Henrik, 2003. "GARCH estimation and discrete stock prices: an application to low-priced Australian stocks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 215-222, November.
- Sohn, So Young & Lim, Michael, 2007. "Hierarchical forecasting based on AR-GARCH model in a coherent structure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(2), pages 1033-1040, January.
- Andrew C. Worthington, 2009. "Political Cycles in the Australian Stock Market since Federation," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 42(4), pages 397-409.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:11:y:2001:i:2:p:215-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .