What will be the environmental effects of new free-floating car-sharing systems? The case of car2go in Ulm
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shoup, Donald C., 2006. "Cruising for parking," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 479-486, November.
- de Haan, Peter & Mueller, Michel G. & Peters, Anja, 2006. "Does the hybrid Toyota Prius lead to rebound effects? Analysis of size and number of cars previously owned by Swiss Prius buyers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 592-605, June.
- Yu, Yan & Wen, Zongguo, 2010. "Evaluating China's urban environmental sustainability with Data Envelopment Analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1748-1755, July.
- Prettenthaler, Franz E. & Steininger, Karl W., 1999. "From ownership to service use lifestyle: the potential of car sharing," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 443-453, March.
- Halme, Minna & Jasch, Christine & Scharp, Michael, 2004. "Sustainable homeservices? Toward household services that enhance ecological, social and economic sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 125-138, November.
- Meyer, I. & Leimbach, M. & Jaeger, C.C., 2007. "International passenger transport and climate change: A sector analysis in car demand and associated CO2 emissions from 2000 to 2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6332-6345, December.
- Curtis, Fred, 2003. "Eco-localism and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 83-102, August.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008. "Environmental regulation of households: An empirical review of economic and psychological factors," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 559-574, July.
- Ornetzeder, Michael & Hertwich, Edgar G. & Hubacek, Klaus & Korytarova, Katarina & Haas, Willi, 2008. "The environmental effect of car-free housing: A case in Vienna," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 516-530, April.
- Köhler, Jonathan & Whitmarsh, Lorraine & Nykvist, Björn & Schilperoord, Michel & Bergman, Noam & Haxeltine, Alex, 2009. "A transitions model for sustainable mobility," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2985-2995, October.
- Ribeiro, Suzana K & Kobayashi, Shigeki & Beuthe, Michel & Gasca, Jorge & Greene, David & Lee, David S. & Muromachi, Yasunori & Newton, Peter J. & Plotkin, Steven & Sperling, Daniel & Wit, Ron & Zhou, , 2007. "Transportation and its Infrastructure," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt98m5t1rv, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Jalas, Mikko, 2002. "A time use perspective on the materials intensity of consumption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 109-123, April.
- Camagni, Roberto & Gibelli, Maria Cristina & Rigamonti, Paolo, 2002. "Urban mobility and urban form: the social and environmental costs of different patterns of urban expansion," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 199-216, February.
- Mont, Oksana, 2004. "Institutionalisation of sustainable consumption patterns based on shared use," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1-2), pages 135-153, September.
- Lintott, John, 1998. "Beyond the economics of more: the place of consumption in ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 239-248, June.
- Coad, Alex & de Haan, Peter & Woersdorfer, Julia Sophie, 2009.
"Consumer support for environmental policies: An application to purchases of green cars,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2078-2086, May.
- Alex Coad & Peter de Haan & Julia Sophie Woersdorfer, 2008. "Consumer support for environmental policies: An application to purchases of green cars," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-035, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Alcott, Blake, 2008. "The sufficiency strategy: Would rich-world frugality lower environmental impact," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 770-786, February.
- Button, Kenneth, 2002. "City management and urban environmental indicators," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 217-233, February.
- Sanne, Christer, 2002. "Willing consumers--or locked-in? Policies for a sustainable consumption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 273-287, August.
- Shoup, Donald C., 2006. "Cruising for Parking," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt55s7079f, University of California Transportation Center.
- Grazi, Fabio & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008.
"Spatial organization, transport, and climate change: Comparing instruments of spatial planning and policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 630-639, November.
- F. Grazi & J.C.J.M. Van den Bergh, 2008. "Spatial organization, transport, and climate change: Comparing instruments of spatial planning and policy," Post-Print hal-00716362, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:63:y:2018:i:c:p:189-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jorge, Diana & Molnar, Goran & de Almeida Correia, Gonçalo Homem, 2015. "Trip pricing of one-way station-based carsharing networks with zone and time of day price variations," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 461-482.
- Mishra, Gouri Shankar & Clewlow, Regina R. & Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Widaman, Keith F., 2015. "The effect of carsharing on vehicle holdings and travel behavior: A propensity score and causal mediation analysis of the San Francisco Bay Area," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 46-55.
- Nourinejad, Mehdi & Roorda, Matthew J., 2014. "A dynamic carsharing decision support system," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 36-50.
- Firnkorn, Jörg, 2012. "Triangulation of two methods measuring the impacts of a free-floating carsharing system in Germany," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1654-1672.
- Girod, Bastien & Mayer, Sebastian & Nägele, Florian, 2017. "Economic versus belief-based models: Shedding light on the adoption of novel green technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 415-426.
- Costain, Cindy & Ardron, Carolyn & Habib, Khandker Nurul, 2012. "Synopsis of users’ behaviour of a carsharing program: A case study in Toronto," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 421-434.
- Lisa Ruhrort & Josephine Steiner & Andreas Graff & Daniel Hinkeldein & Christian Hoffmann, 2014. "Carsharing with electric vehicles in the context of users' mobility needs - results from user-centred research from the BeMobility field trial (Berlin)," International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 14(3/4), pages 286-305.
- Susan Shaheen & Nelson Chan & Helen Micheaux, 2015. "One-way carsharing’s evolution and operator perspectives from the Americas," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 519-536, May.
- repec:spr:elmark:v:27:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12525-017-0257-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schaefers, Tobias, 2013. "Exploring carsharing usage motives: A hierarchical means-end chain analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 69-77.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:125:y:2017:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Ciari & Milos Balac & Michael Balmer, 2015. "Modelling the effect of different pricing schemes on free-floating carsharing travel demand: a test case for Zurich, Switzerland," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 413-433, May.
- Lars Böcker & Toon Meelen, 2016. "Sharing for people, planet or profit? Analysing motivations for intended sharing economy participation," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 16-02, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Aug 2016.
- Cartenì, Armando & Cascetta, Ennio & de Luca, Stefano, 2016. "A random utility model for park & carsharing services and the pure preference for electric vehicles," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 49-59.
- de Luca, Stefano & Di Pace, Roberta, 2015. "Modelling users’ behaviour in inter-urban carsharing program: A stated preference approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 59-76.
- Milena Klasing Chen & Sophie Hooge & Blanche Segrestin & Armand Hatchuel, 2014. "Motivations For Innovation In Public Transport: The Benefits Of A Low Cost Perspective," Post-Print hal-00988174, HAL.
- Schiederig, Tim & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2014. "Shareconomy: Performance-oriented systems as a strategy," Working Papers 77, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:539-:d:132331 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:binfse:v:59:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12599-017-0471-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ganjar Alfian & Jongtae Rhee & Yong-Shin Kang & Byungun Yoon, 2015. "Performance Comparison of Reservation Based and Instant Access One-Way Car Sharing Service through Discrete Event Simulation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(9), pages 1-25, September.
- repec:eee:transa:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:218-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:639-:d:133961 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCar-sharing Environmental effect Free-floating system Public-private transportation Product-service system;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:8:p:1519-1528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.