Does the hybrid Toyota Prius lead to rebound effects? Analysis of size and number of cars previously owned by Swiss Prius buyers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Birol, Fatih & Keppler, Jan Horst, 2000. "Prices, technology development and the rebound effect," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 457-469, June.
- Schipper, Lee & Grubb, Michael, 2000. "On the rebound? Feedback between energy intensities and energy uses in IEA countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 367-388, June.
- Jaccard, Mark & Bataille, Chris, 2000. "Estimating future elasticities of substitution for the rebound debate," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 451-455, June.
- Yamamoto, Toshiyuki & Madre, Jean-Loup & Kitamura, Ryuichi, 2004. "An analysis of the effects of French vehicle inspection program and grant for scrappage on household vehicle transaction," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 905-926, December.
- Skip Laitner, John A., 2000. "Energy efficiency: rebounding to a sound analytical perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 471-475, June.
- Saunders, Harry D., 2000. "A view from the macro side: rebound, backfire, and Khazzoom-Brookes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 439-449, June.
- Grepperud, Sverre & Rasmussen, Ingeborg, 2004. "A general equilibrium assessment of rebound effects," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 261-282, March.
- Jalas, Mikko, 2002. "A time use perspective on the materials intensity of consumption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 109-123, April.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10972 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. Greening, Lorna & Greene, David L. & Difiglio, Carmen, 2000. "Energy efficiency and consumption -- the rebound effect -- a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 389-401, June.
- Herring, Horace, 2006. "Energy efficiency—a critical view," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 10-20.
- Brookes, Leonard, 2000. "Energy efficiency fallacies revisited," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 355-366, June.
- Berkhout, Peter H. G. & Muskens, Jos C. & W. Velthuijsen, Jan, 2000. "Defining the rebound effect," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 425-432, June.
- Binswanger, Mathias, 2001. "Technological progress and sustainable development: what about the rebound effect?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 119-132, January.
- Haas, Reinhard & Biermayr, Peter, 2000. "The rebound effect for space heating Empirical evidence from Austria," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 403-410, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hong, Li & Liang, Dong & Di, Wang, 2013. "Economic and environmental gains of China's fossil energy subsidies reform: A rebound effect case study with EIMO model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 335-342.
- Michelsen, Carl Christian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016.
"Switching from fossil fuel to renewables in residential heating systems: An empirical study of homeowners' decisions in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 95-105.
- Michelsen , Carl Christian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "Switching from Fossil Fuel to Renewables in Residential Heating Systems: An Empirical Study of Homeowners’ Decisions in Germany," FCN Working Papers 14/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Zylicz, Tomasz, 2010. "Goals and Principles of Environmental Policy," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 299-334, May.
- Garth Heutel & Erich Muehlegger, 2015.
"Consumer Learning and Hybrid Vehicle Adoption,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 62(1), pages 125-161, September.
- Heutel, Garth & Muehlegger, Erich J., 2010. "Consumer Learning and Hybrid Vehicle Adoption," Scholarly Articles 4448996, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Heutel, Garth & Muehlegger, Erich, 2010. "Consumer Learning and Hybrid Vehicle Adoption," Working Paper Series rwp10-013, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Ozaki, Ritsuko & Sevastyanova, Katerina, 2011. "Going hybrid: An analysis of consumer purchase motivations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2217-2227, May.
- Hafner, Rebecca J. & Walker, Ian & Verplanken, Bas, 2017. "Image, not environmentalism: A qualitative exploration of factors influencing vehicle purchasing decisions," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 89-105.
- Firnkorn, Jörg & Müller, Martin, 2011. "What will be the environmental effects of new free-floating car-sharing systems? The case of car2go in Ulm," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1519-1528, June.
- Mueller, Michel G. & de Haan, Peter, 2009. "How much do incentives affect car purchase? Agent-based microsimulation of consumer choice of new cars--Part I: Model structure, simulation of bounded rationality, and model validation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1072-1082, March.
- de Haan, Peter & Mueller, Michel G. & Scholz, Roland W., 2009. "How much do incentives affect car purchase? Agent-based microsimulation of consumer choice of new cars--Part II: Forecasting effects of feebates based on energy-efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1083-1094, March.
- Liu, Yizao, 2014. "Household demand and willingness to pay for hybrid vehicles," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 191-197.
- Coad, Alex & de Haan, Peter & Woersdorfer, Julia Sophie, 2009.
"Consumer support for environmental policies: An application to purchases of green cars,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2078-2086, May.
- Alex Coad & Peter de Haan & Julia Sophie Woersdorfer, 2008. "Consumer support for environmental policies: An application to purchases of green cars," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-035, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Ouyang, Jinlong & Long, Enshen & Hokao, Kazunori, 2010. "Rebound effect in Chinese household energy efficiency and solution for mitigating it," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5269-5276.
- Jihye Byun & Sungjin Park & Kitae Jang, 2017. "Rebound Effect or Induced Demand? Analyzing the Compound Dual Effects on VMT in the U.S," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-10, February.
- Galvin, Ray, 2016. "Rebound effects from speed and acceleration in electric and internal combustion engine cars: An empirical and conceptual investigation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 207-216.
- Madlener, R. & Alcott, B., 2009. "Energy rebound and economic growth: A review of the main issues and research needs," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 370-376.
- Zhang, Xian & Wang, Ke & Hao, Yu & Fan, Jing-Li & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2013.
"The impact of government policy on preference for NEVs: The evidence from China,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 382-393.
- Xian Zhang & Ke Wang & Yu Hao & Yi-Ming Wei & Jing-Li Fan, 2016. "The impact of government policy on preference for NEVs: the evidence from China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 88, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Julia Sophie Wörsdorfer, 2010. "Consumer needs and their satiation properties as drivers of the rebound effect - The case of energy-efficient washing machines," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2010-16, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Mannberg, Andrea & Jansson, Johan & Pettersson, Thomas & Brännlund, Runar & Lindgren, Urban, 2014. "Do tax incentives affect households׳ adoption of ‘green’ cars? A panel study of the Stockholm congestion tax," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 286-299.
- Sylvain Weber & Mehdi Farsi, 2014. "Travel Distance and Fuel Efficiency: An Estimation of the Rebound Effect using Micro-Data in Switzerland," IRENE Working Papers 14-03, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:58:y:2006:i:3:p:592-605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .