Simulating soil fertility and poverty dynamics in Uganda: A bio-economic multi-agent systems approach
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Wanzala, M. & Demeke, M., 2003. "Fertilizer market development: a comparative analysis of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 293-316, August.
- Ruben, Ruerd & van Ruijven, Arjan, 2001. "Technical coefficients for bio-economic farm household models: a meta-modelling approach with applications for Southern Mali," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 427-441, March.
- Olivier Barreteau & Fran�ois Bousquet & Jean-Marie Attonaty, 2001. "Role-Playing Games for Opening the Black Box of Multi-Agent Systems: Method and Lessons of Its Application to Senegal River Valley Irrigated Systems," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 4(2), pages 5.
- Boulanger, Paul-Marie & Brechet, Thierry, 2005.
"Models for policy-making in sustainable development: The state of the art and perspectives for research,"
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 337-350, November.
- BOULANGER, Paul-Marie & BRECHET, Thierry, . "Models for policy-making in sustainable development: the state of the art and perspectives for research," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1861, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pender, John & Jagger, Pamela & Nkonya, Ephraim & Sserunkuuma, Dick, 2004. "Development Pathways and Land Management in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 767-792, May.
- De Jager, A. & Onduru, D. & van Wijk, M. S. & Vlaming, J. & Gachini, G. N., 2001. "Assessing sustainability of low-external-input farm management systems with the nutrient monitoring approach: a case study in Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 69(1-2), pages 99-118.
- Holden, Stein & Shiferaw, Bekele, 2004.
"Land degradation, drought and food security in a less-favoured area in the Ethiopian highlands: a bio-economic model with market imperfections,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 30(1), January.
- Holden, Stein & Shiferaw, Bekele, 2004. "Land degradation, drought and food security in a less-favoured area in the Ethiopian highlands: a bio-economic model with market imperfections," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 31-49, January.
- Johannes Woelcke, 2006. "Technological and policy options for sustainable agricultural intensification in eastern Uganda," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 34(2), pages 129-139, 03.
- Bakrie, B. & Hogan, J. & Liang, J.B. & Tareque, A.M.M. & Upadhyay, R.C., 1996. "Ruminant Nutrition and Production in the Tropics and Subtropics," Monographs, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, number 117194.
- Drechsel, Pay & Gyiele, Lucy & Kunze, Dagmar & Cofie, Olufunke, 2001. "Population density, soil nutrient depletion, and economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 251-258, August.
- Peter Deadman & Derek Robinson & Emilio Moran & Eduardo Brondizio, 2004. "Colonist household decisionmaking and land-use change in the Amazon Rainforest: an agent-based simulation," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(5), pages 693-709, September.
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Kaizzi, Crammer & Pender, John, 2005. "Determinants of nutrient balances in a maize farming system in eastern Uganda," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 155-182, August.
- Ghosh, Nilabja, 2004. "Reducing dependence on chemical fertilizers and its financial implications for farmers in India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 149-162, June.
- Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Berger, Thomas, 2006. "Simulating Farm Household Poverty: From Passive Victims to Adaptive Agents," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25479, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Berger, Thomas & Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Woelcke, Johannes, 2006. "Multi-agent simulation for the targeting of development policies in less-favored areas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 28-43, April.
- Berger, Thomas, 2001. "Agent-based spatial models applied to agriculture: a simulation tool for technology diffusion, resource use changes and policy analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 245-260, September.
- Yanggen, David & Kelly, Valerie A. & Reardon, Thomas & Naseem, Anwar, 1998. "Incentives for Fertilizer Use in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Review of Empirical Evidence on Fertilizer Response and Profitability," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54677, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Balmann, Alfons, 1997. "Farm-Based Modelling of Regional Structural Change: A Cellular Automata Approach," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 85-108.
- Janssen, Sander & van Ittersum, Martin K., 2007. "Assessing farm innovations and responses to policies: A review of bio-economic farm models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 622-636, June.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein, 1999. "Soil Erosion and Smallholders' Conservation Decisions in the Highlands of Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 739-752, April.
- Berger, Thomas, 2001. "Agent-based spatial models applied to agriculture: a simulation tool for technology diffusion, resource use changes and policy analysis," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(2-3), September.
- Crawford, Eric & Kelly, Valerie & Jayne, T. S. & Howard, Julie, 2003. "Input use and market development in Sub-Saharan Africa: an overview," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 277-292, August.
- McCarl, Bruce A. & Apland, Jeffrey, 1986. "Validation Of Linear Programming Models," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:64:y:2007:i:2:p:387-401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.