Take a risk: Preferring prevention over control of biological invaders
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Finnoff, David & Shogren, Jason F. & Leung, Brian & Lodge, David, 2005. "The importance of bioeconomic feedback in invasive species management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 367-381, February.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Machina, Mark J, 1987. "Choice under Uncertainty: Problems Solved and Unsolved," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 121-154, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaiser, Brooks A. & Burnett, Kimberly M., 2010.
"Spatial economic analysis of early detection and rapid response strategies for an invasive species,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 566-585, November.
- Brooks Kaiser & Kimberly Burnett, 2010. "Spatial Economic Analysis of Early Detection and Rapid Response Strategies for an Invasive Species," Working Papers 2010-05, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Rout, Tracy M. & Moore, Joslin L. & Possingham, Hugh P. & McCarthy, Michael A., 2011. "Allocating biosecurity resources between preventing, detecting, and eradicating island invasions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 54-62.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:242-257 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ceddia, M.G. & Heikkil, J. & Peltola, J., 2009. "Managing invasive alien species with professional and hobby farmers: Insights from ecological-economic modelling," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1366-1374, March.
- Epanchin-Niell, Rebecca S. & Liebhold, Andrew M., 2015. "Benefits of invasion prevention: Effect of time lags, spread rates, and damage persistence," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 146-153.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:157:y:2017:i:c:p:93-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berry, Kevin & Finnoff, David, 2016. "Choosing between adaptation and prevention with an increasing probability of a pandemic," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(PB), pages 177-192.
- Wätzold, Frank & Lienhoop, Nele & Drechsler, Martin & Settele, Josef, 2008. "Estimating optimal conservation in the context of agri-environmental schemes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 295-305, December.
- Carrasco, L.R. & Mumford, J.D. & MacLeod, A. & Knight, J.D. & Baker, R.H.A., 2010. "Comprehensive bioeconomic modelling of multiple harmful non-indigenous species," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1303-1312, April.
- Kompas, Tom & Chu, Long & Nguyen, Hoa Thi Minh, 2016. "A practical optimal surveillance policy for invasive weeds: An application to Hawkweed in Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 156-165.
- Bate, Andrew M. & Jones, Glyn & Kleczkowski, Adam & MacLeod, Alan & Naylor, Rebecca & Timmis, Jon & Touza, Julia & White, Piran C.L., 2016. "Modelling the impact and control of an infectious disease in a plant nursery with infected plant material inputs," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 334(C), pages 27-43.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:220:y:2009:i:13:p:1586-1598 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haight, Robert G. & Polasky, Stephen, 2010. "Optimal control of an invasive species with imperfect information about the level of infestation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 519-533, November.
- Springborn, Michael & Romagosa, Christina M. & Keller, Reuben P., 2011. "The value of nonindigenous species risk assessment in international trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2145-2153, September.
- Kaiser, Brooks A. & Bakanev, Sergey & Bertelsen, Rasmus Gjedsø & Carson, Marcus & Eide, Arne & Fernandez, Linda & Halpin, Patrick & Izmalkov, Sergei & Kyhn, Line A. & Österblom, Henrik & Punt, Maarten, 2015. "Spatial issues in Arctic marine resource governance workshop summary and comment," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1-5.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:62:y:2007:i:2:p:216-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.