Allocating biosecurity resources between preventing, detecting, and eradicating island invasions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kristin Jakobsson & Andrew Dragun, 2001. "The Worth of a Possum: Valuing Species with the Contingent Valuation Method," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(3), pages 211-227, July.
- Padilla, Emilio, 2002. "Intergenerational equity and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Carrasco, L.R. & Mumford, J.D. & MacLeod, A. & Knight, J.D. & Baker, R.H.A., 2010. "Comprehensive bioeconomic modelling of multiple harmful non-indigenous species," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1303-1312, April.
- Sumaila, Ussif R. & Walters, Carl, 2005. "Intergenerational discounting: a new intuitive approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 135-142, January.
- Burnett, Kimberly M. & D'Evelyn, Sean & Kaiser, Brooks A. & Nantamanasikarn, Porntawee & Roumasset, James A., 2008.
"Beyond the lamppost: Optimal prevention and control of the Brown Tree Snake in Hawaii,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 66-74, August.
- Kimberly Burnett & Sean D’Evelyn & Brooks Kaiser & Porntawee Nantamanasikarn & James Roumasset, 2007. "Beyond the Lamppost: Optimal Prevention and Control of the Brown Treesnake in Hawaii," Working Papers 200714, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Mehta, Shefali V. & Haight, Robert G. & Homans, Frances R. & Polasky, Stephen & Venette, Robert C., 2007. "Optimal detection and control strategies for invasive species management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 237-245, March.
- Lars J. Olson & Santanu Roy, 2005.
"On Prevention and Control of an Uncertain Biological Invasion,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 491-497.
- Lars J. Olson & Santanu Roy, 2005. "On Prevention and Control of an Uncertain Biological Invasion ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 491-497.
- Olson, Lars J. & Roy, Santanu, 2005. "On Prevention and Control of an Uncertain Biological Invasion," Working Papers 28595, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Cacho, Oscar J. & Wise, Russell M. & Hester, Susan M. & Sinden, J.A., 2008. "Bioeconomic modeling for control of weeds in natural environments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 559-568, April.
- Burnett, Kimberly M. & Kaiser, Brooks A. & Pitafi, Basharat A.K. & Roumasset, James A., 2006.
"Prevention, Eradication, and Containment of Invasive Species: Illustrations from Hawaii,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- Burnett, Kimberly & Kaiser, Brooks & Pitafi, Basharat A. & Roumasset, James, 2006. "Prevention, Eradication, and Containment of Invasive Species: Illustrations from Hawaii," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 63-77, April.
- Richard Bellman, 1957. "On a Dynamic Programming Approach to the Caterer Problem--I," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 270-278, April.
- Finnoff, David & Tschirhart, John, 2005. "Identifying, preventing and controlling invasive plant species using their physiological traits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 397-416, February.
- Finnoff, David & Shogren, Jason F. & Leung, Brian & Lodge, David, 2007. "Take a risk: Preferring prevention over control of biological invaders," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 216-222, April.
- Ludwig,D. & Brock,W.A. & Carpenter,S.R., 2005. "Uncertainty in discount models and environmental cccounting," Working papers 15, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Epanchin-Niell, Rebecca S. & Liebhold, Andrew M., 2015. "Benefits of invasion prevention: Effect of time lags, spread rates, and damage persistence," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 146-153.
- Dalmazzone, Silvana & Giaccaria, Sergio, 2014.
"Economic drivers of biological invasions: A worldwide, bio-geographic analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 154-165.
- Dalmazzone Silvana & Giaccaria Sergio, 2012. "Economic drivers of biological invasions: A worldwide, bio-geographical analysis," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201215, University of Turin.
- Carrasco, L. Roman & Cook, David & Baker, Richard & MacLeod, Alan & Knight, Jon D. & Mumford, John D., 2012. "Towards the integration of spread and economic impacts of biological invasions in a landscape of learning and imitating agents," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 95-103.
More about this item
KeywordsDecision theory; Exotic species; Introduced species; Invasion management; Quarantine; Surveillance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:71:y:2011:i:c:p:54-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.