On Prevention and Control of an Uncertain Biological Invasion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lars J. Olson & Santanu Roy, 2005. "On Prevention and Control of an Uncertain Biological Invasion ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 491-497.
- Olson, Lars J. & Roy, Santanu, 2005. "On Prevention and Control of an Uncertain Biological Invasion," Working Papers 28595, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ormiston Michael B. & Schlee Edward E., 1993. "Comparative Statics under Uncertainty for a Class of Economic Agents," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 412-422, December.
- Lars J. Olson & Santanu Roy, 2002. "The Economics of Controlling a Stochastic Biological Invasion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1311-1316.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaiser, Brooks A. & Burnett, Kimberly M., 2010.
"Spatial economic analysis of early detection and rapid response strategies for an invasive species,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 566-585, November.
- Brooks Kaiser & Kimberly Burnett, 2010. "Spatial Economic Analysis of Early Detection and Rapid Response Strategies for an Invasive Species," Working Papers 2010-05, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Rout, Tracy M. & Moore, Joslin L. & Possingham, Hugh P. & McCarthy, Michael A., 2011. "Allocating biosecurity resources between preventing, detecting, and eradicating island invasions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 54-62.
- Finnoff, David & Horan, Richard D. & Shogren, Jason F. & Reeling, Carson & Berry, Kevin, 2016. "Natural vs anthropogenic risk reduction: Facing invasion risks involving multi-stable outcomes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(PB), pages 113-123.
- Cook, David C. & Fraser, Rob W., 2008. "Trade and invasive species risk mitigation: Reconciling WTO compliance with maximising the gains from trade," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 176-184, April.
- Kimberly Burnett & Sittidaj Pongkijvorasin & James Roumasset, 2012. "Species Invasion as Catastrophe: The Case of the Brown Tree Snake," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(2), pages 241-254, February.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:242-257 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cook, David & Carrasco, Luis Roman & Paini, Dean & Fraser, Rob, 2011.
"Estimating the social welfare effects of New Zealand apple imports,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(4), December.
- Cook, David C. & Liu, Shuang & Fraser, Rob W. & Siddique, Abu-Baker & Paini, Dean R., 2010. "Estimating the Social Welfare Effects of New Zealand Apple Imports," 84th Annual Conference, March 29-31, 2010, Edinburgh, Scotland 91957, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Horan, Richard & Finnoff, David & Reeling, Carson & Berry, Kevin, "undated". "Optimal Management of a Native Species Facing Species or Pathogen Invasion Risks Involving Multi-Stable Outcomes," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170693, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Burnett, Kimberly M. & D'Evelyn, Sean & Kaiser, Brooks A. & Nantamanasikarn, Porntawee & Roumasset, James A., 2008.
"Beyond the lamppost: Optimal prevention and control of the Brown Tree Snake in Hawaii,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 66-74, August.
- Kimberly Burnett & Sean D’Evelyn & Brooks Kaiser & Porntawee Nantamanasikarn & James Roumasset, 2007. "Beyond the Lamppost: Optimal Prevention and Control of the Brown Treesnake in Hawaii," Working Papers 200714, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Sims, Charles & Finnoff, David, 2013. "When is a “wait and see” approach to invasive species justified?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 235-255.
- Epanchin-Niell, Rebecca S. & Liebhold, Andrew M., 2015. "Benefits of invasion prevention: Effect of time lags, spread rates, and damage persistence," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 146-153.
- Carrasco, Luis Roman & MacLeod, Alan & Knight, John D. & Baker, Richard & Mumford, John D., 2009. "Optimal Control of Spreading Biological Invasions: For How Long Should We Apply the Brake?," 83rd Annual Conference, March 30-April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland 50940, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Katarina Elofsson & Ing-Marie Gren, 2015. "Regulating invasive species with different life history," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 113-136, July.
- Albers, Heidi J. & Fischer, Carolyn & Sanchirico, James N., 2010. "Invasive species management in a spatially heterogeneous world: Effects of uniform policies," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 483-499, November.
- Linda Fernandez & Glenn Sheriff, 2013.
"Optimal Border Policies for Invasive Species Under Asymmetric Information,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 56(1), pages 27-45, September.
- Linda Fernandez & Glenn Sheriff, 2010. "Optimal Border Policies for Invasive Species under Asymmetric Information," NCEE Working Paper Series 201003, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Mar 2010.
- Mehta, Shefali V. & Haight, Robert G. & Homans, Frances R. & Polasky, Stephen & Venette, Robert C., 2007. "Optimal detection and control strategies for invasive species management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 237-245, March.
- Davis, Alison & Moeltner, Klaus, 2010.
"Valuing the Prevention of an Infestation: The Threat of the New Zealand Mud Snail in Northern Nevada,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 56-74, February.
- Davis, Alison F. & Moeltner, Klaus, 2010. "Valuing the Prevention of an Infestation: The Threat of the New Zealand Mud Snail in Northern Nevada," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 39(1), February.
- Allison Davis & Klaus Moeltner, 2009. "Valuing the Prevention of an Infestation: The Threat of the New Zealand Mud Snail in Northern Nevada," Working Papers 09-001, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- James Sanchirico & Heidi Albers & Carolyn Fischer & Conrad Coleman, 2010. "Spatial Management of Invasive Species: Pathways and Policy Options," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 517-535, April.
- Carrasco, L.R. & Mumford, J.D. & MacLeod, A. & Knight, J.D. & Baker, R.H.A., 2010. "Comprehensive bioeconomic modelling of multiple harmful non-indigenous species," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1303-1312, April.
- Kompas, Tom & Chu, Long & Nguyen, Hoa Thi Minh, 2016. "A practical optimal surveillance policy for invasive weeds: An application to Hawkweed in Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 156-165.
- Bate, Andrew M. & Jones, Glyn & Kleczkowski, Adam & MacLeod, Alan & Naylor, Rebecca & Timmis, Jon & Touza, Julia & White, Piran C.L., 2016. "Modelling the impact and control of an infectious disease in a plant nursery with infected plant material inputs," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 334(C), pages 27-43.
- Haight, Robert G. & Polasky, Stephen, 2010. "Optimal control of an invasive species with imperfect information about the level of infestation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 519-533, November.
- Surkov, Ilya V. & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M. & van Kooten, Olaf, 2006. "An empirical model of optimal import phytosanitary inspection," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21253, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yemshanov, Denys & Haight, Robert G. & Koch, Frank H. & Lu, Bo & Venette, Robert & Fournier, Ronald E. & Turgeon, Jean J., 2017. "Robust Surveillance and Control of Invasive Species Using a Scenario Optimization Approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 86-98.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:revage:v:27:y:2005:i:3:p:491-497.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.