Extracting portfolio management strategies from volatility transmission models in regime-changing environments: Evidence from GCC and global markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- Ahdi Noomen Ajmi & Ghassen El-montasser & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014.
"Oil prices and MENA stock markets: new evidence from nonlinear and asymmetric causalities during and after the crisis period,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(18), pages 2167-2177, June.
- Ahdi Noomen Ajmi & Ghassen El Montasser & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Oil prices and MENA stock markets:New evidence from nonlinear and asymmetric causalities during and after the crisis period," Working Papers 2014-79, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Kroner, Kenneth F & Ng, Victor K, 1998. "Modeling Asymmetric Comovements of Asset Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 817-844.
- Andrew Ang & Allan Timmermann, 2012. "Regime Changes and Financial Markets," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 313-337, October.
- Chang, Chia-Lin & McAleer, Michael & Tansuchat, Roengchai, 2011.
"Crude oil hedging strategies using dynamic multivariate GARCH,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 912-923, September.
- Roengchai Tansuchat & Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer, 2010. "Crude Oil Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-704, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Roengchai Tansuchat & Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer, 2010. "Crude Oil Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," Working Papers in Economics 10/03, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Tansuchat, R. & Chang, C-L. & McAleer, M.J., 2010. "Crude Oil Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2010-10, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer & Roengchai Tansuchat, 2010. "Crude Oil Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," KIER Working Papers 743, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Giampiero M. Gallo & Edoardo Otranto, 2007.
"Volatility transmission across markets: a Multichain Markov Switching model,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(8), pages 659-670.
- Giampiero Gallo & Edoardo Otranto, 2006. "Volatility Transmission Across Markets: A Multi-Chain Markov Switching Model," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2006_04, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-079 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yuan-Hung Hsu Ku & Ho-Chyuan Chen & Kuang-Hua Chen, 2007. "On the application of the dynamic conditional correlation model in estimating optimal time-varying hedge ratios," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 503-509.
- Edoardo Otranto, 2005. "The multi-chain Markov switching model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 523-537.
- Malik, Farooq & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2007. "Shock and volatility transmission in the oil, US and Gulf equity markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 357-368.
- Gallo, Giampiero M. & Otranto, Edoardo, 2008.
"Volatility spillovers, interdependence and comovements: A Markov Switching approach,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 3011-3026, February.
- Giampiero Gallo & Edoardo Otranto, 2007. "Volatility Spillovers, Interdependence and Comovements: A Markov Switching Approach," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2007_11, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Li, Huimin, 2005. "Oil sensitivity and systematic risk in oil-sensitive stock indices," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 1-21.
- Patton, Andrew J., 2011.
"Volatility forecast comparison using imperfect volatility proxies,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 246-256, January.
- Andrew Patton, 2006. "Volatility Forecast Comparison using Imperfect Volatility Proxies," Research Paper Series 175, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Khalifa, Ahmed A.A. & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Otranto, Edoardo, 2014. "Patterns of volatility transmissions within regime switching across GCC and global markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 512-524.
- Kroner, Kenneth F. & Sultan, Jahangir, 1993. "Time-Varying Distributions and Dynamic Hedging with Foreign Currency Futures," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 535-551, December.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Choi, Kyongwook, 2007. "Characteristics of permanent and transitory returns in oil-sensitive emerging stock markets: The case of GCC countries," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 231-245, July.
- Andersen, Torben G & Bollerslev, Tim, 1998. "Answering the Skeptics: Yes, Standard Volatility Models Do Provide Accurate Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 885-905, November.
- Assaf Ata, 2003. "Transmission of Stock Price Movements: The Case of GCC Stock Markets," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 73-92, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ememar:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:96-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khalifa, Ahmed A. & Alsarhan, Abdulwahab A. & Bertuccelli, Pietro, 2017. "Causes and consequences of energy price shocks on petroleum-based stock market using the spillover asymmetric multiplicative error model," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 307-314.
More about this item
KeywordsGCC markets; Global markets; Multi-chain MS model; Hedging effectiveness; Portfolio weights;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:41:y:2014:i:c:p:365-374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.