Output, inflation, and stabilization in a small open economy: Evidence from Mexico
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1985. "Inflation, Exchange Rates and Stabilization," NBER Working Papers 1739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vito Tanzi, 1977. "Inflation, Lags in Collection, and the Real Value of Tax Revenue (L'inflation, les retards de recouvrement et la valeur rÃ©elle des recettes fiscales) (InflaciÃ³n, desfases en la recaudaciÃ³n y valor ," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(1), pages 154-167, March.
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Leroy, Stephen F., 1985. "Atheoretical macroeconometrics: A critique," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 283-308, November.
- Peter J. Montiel, 1989. "Empirical Analysis of High-Inflation Episodes in Argentina, Brazil, and Israel," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(3), pages 527-549, September.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988.
"The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbance,"
497, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Quah, Danny, 1989. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 655-73, September.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances," NBER Working Papers 2737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Ferico Sturzenegger & Holger Wolf, 1990. "Extreme Inflation: Dynamics and Stabilization," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(2), pages 1-84.
- Ize, Alain & Salas, Javier, 1985. "Prices and output in the Mexican economy Emperical testing of alternative hypotheses," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 175-199, April.
- Blanco, Herminio & Garber, Peter M, 1986. "Recurrent Devaluation and Speculative Attacks on the Mexican Peso," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(1), pages 148-66, February.
- Ortiz, Guillermo, 1983. "Currency Substitution in Mexico: The Dollarization Problem," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 15(2), pages 174-85, May.
- Fackler, James S, 1990. "Federal Credit, Private Credit, and Economic Activity," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(4), pages 444-64, November.
- Rogers, J.H., 1990.
"The Currency Substitution Hypothesis And Relative Money Demand In Mexico And Canada,"
7-90-1, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Rogers, John H, 1992. "The Currency Substitution Hypothesis and Relative Money Demand in Mexico and Canada," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 300-318, August.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1986.
"Alternative Explanations of the Money-Income Correlation,"
NBER Working Papers
1842, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S., 1986. "Alternative explanations of the money-income correlation," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 49-99, January.
- James, John A, 1993. "Changes in Economic Instability in 19th-Century America," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 710-31, September.
- Peter M. Garber, 1981.
"Transition from Inflation to Price Stability,"
NBER Working Papers
0728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garber, Peter M., 1982. "Transition from inflation to price stability," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 11-42, January.
- James H. Stock, 1991.
"Confidence Intervals for the Largest Autoresgressive Root in U.S. Macroeconomic Time Series,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stock, James H., 1991. "Confidence intervals for the largest autoregressive root in U.S. macroeconomic time series," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 435-459, December.
- Ahmed, Shaghil & Ickes, Barry W. & Ping Wang & Byung Sam Yoo, 1993.
"International Business Cycles,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 335-59, June.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1993. "Exchange Rates, Inflation and Disinflation: Latin American Experiences," NBER Working Papers 4320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean, 1989. "A Traditional Interpretation of Macroeconomic Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1146-64, December.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Stanley Fischer, 1986.
"Stopping hyperinflations past and present,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 1-47, March.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Foreign Exchange," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 179-92, Summer.
- Penati, Alessandro, 1987. "Government spending and the real exchange rate," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 237-256, May.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:46:y:1995:i:2:p:271-293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.