Exchange Rates, Inflation and Disinflation: Latin American Experiences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1993. "Moderate Inflation," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rodrik, Dani, 1991.
"Do the benefits of fixed exchange rates outweigh their costs? The Franc Zone in Africa,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
777, The World Bank.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Dani Rodrik, 1991. "Do the Benefits of Fixed Exchange Rates Outweigh Their Costs? The Franc Zone in Africa," NBER Working Papers 3727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan C. Stockman, 1993. "International Transmission under Bretton Woods," NBER Chapters,in: A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System: Lessons for International Monetary Reform, pages 317-356 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert P. Flood & Peter Isard, 1988. "Monetary Policy Strategies," NBER Working Papers 2770, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno, M., 1991. "High Inflation and the Nominal Anchors of an Open Economy," Princeton Studies in International Economics 183, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Cukierman, Alex & Edwards, Sebastian & Tabellini, Guido, 1992. "Seigniorage and Political Instability," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 537-555, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christophe RAULT & Guglielmo Maria CAPORALE & Thouraya HADJ AMOR, 2009. "International Financial Integration And Real Exchange Rate Long-Run Dynamics In Emerging Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp970, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Savvides, Andreas, 1998. "Inflation and monetary policy in selected West and Central African countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 809-827, May.
- Vittorio Corbo & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2001. "Inflation Targeting in Latin America," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 105, Central Bank of Chile.
- Yu Hsing, 2004. "Response of Venezuelan output to monetary policy, deficit spending, and currency depreciation: a VAR model," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, December.
- Carlos Humberto Cardona & Adriana Pontón & Eduardo Sarmiento, 1998. "Evidencia sobre las Desinflaciones: Experiencia Internacional," Borradores de Economia 102, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Corbo, Vittorio & Fischer, Stanley, 1995.
"Structural adjustment, stabilization and policy reform: Domestic and international finance,"
Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 44, pages 2845-2924
- Vittorio Corbo & Stanley Fischer, "undated". "Structural Adjustment, Stabilization and Policy Reform: Domestic and International Finance," Documentos de Trabajo 170, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Erol, Turan & Van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1997. "Real exchange rate targeting and inflation in Turkey: An empirical analysis with policy credibility," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1717-1730, October.
- Drabek, Zdenek & Brada, Josef C., 1998.
"Exchange Rate Regimes and the Stability of Trade Policy in Transition Economies,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 642-668, December.
- Drabek, Zdenek & Brada, Josef C., 1998. "Exchange rate regimes and the stability of trade policy in transition economies," WTO Staff Working Papers ERAD-98-07, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Rogers, John H. & Wang, Ping, 1995.
"Output, inflation, and stabilization in a small open economy: Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 271-293, April.
- Rogers, John H. & Wang, Ping, 1993. "Output, inflation, and stabilization in a small open economy: evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 9315, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Thouraya Hadj Amor & Christophe Rault, 2011.
"International financial integration and real exchange rate long-run dynamics in emerging countries: Some panel evidence,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(6), pages 789-808, September.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Thouraya Hadj Amor & Christophe Rault, 2009. "International Financial Integration and Real Exchange Rate Long-Run Dynamics in Emerging Countries: Some Panel Evidence," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 941, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Thouraya Hadj Amor & Christophe Rault, 2009. "International Financial Integration and Real Exchange Rate Long-Run Dynamics in Emerging Countries: Some Panel Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 2819, CESifo Group Munich.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Hadj Amor Essid, Thouraya & Rault, Christophe, 2009. "International Financial Integration and Real Exchange Rate Long-Run Dynamics in Emerging Countries: Some Panel Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 4038, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Vittorio Corbo, 1998. "Reaching One-Digit Inflation: The Chilean Experience," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 1, pages 123-163, November.
- Vittorio Corbo, "undated". "Reducing Inflation. The Chilean Experience," Documentos de Trabajo 185, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Schnatz, Bernd, 1998. "Macroeconomic determinants of currency turbulences in emerging markets," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1998,03e, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Hsing, Y., 2004. "Responses of Argentine Output to Shocks to Monetary Policy, Fiscal Policy and Exchange Rates: A VAR Model," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 4(1).
- Laird, Sam, 1997. "WTO rules and good practice on export policy," WTO Staff Working Papers TPRD-97-01, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Steven B. Kamin, 1996. "Real exchange rates and inflation in exchange-rate based stabilizations: an empirical examination," International Finance Discussion Papers 554, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.