Inflation and monetary policy in selected West and Central African countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James M. Boughton, 1991. "The CFA Franc Zone; Currency Union and Monetary Standard," IMF Working Papers 91/133, International Monetary Fund.
- Sebastian Edwards & Fernando J. Losada, 1994. "Fixed Exchange Rates, Inflation and Macroeconomic Discipline," NBER Working Papers 4661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Jebuni, C. D. & Oduro, A. D. & Tutu, K. A., 1994. "Trade and payments regime and the balance of payments in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 1161-1173, August.
- Fry, Maxwell J., 1993. "Foreign debt accumulation: financial and fiscal effects and monetary policy reactions in developing countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 347-367, August.
- Peter J Montiel & Bijan B. Aghevli & Mohsin S. Khan, 1991. "Exchange Rate Policy in Developing Countries; Some Analytical Issues," IMF Occasional Papers 78, International Monetary Fund.
- Laney, Leroy O. & Willett, Thomas D., 1982. "The international liquidity explosion and worldwide inflation: The evidence from sterilization coefficient estimates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 141-152, January.
- Savvides, Andreas, 1995. "Economic growth in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 449-458, March.
- Alan C. Stockman, 1993. "International Transmission under Bretton Woods," NBER Chapters, in: A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System: Lessons for International Monetary Reform, pages 317-356, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kamas, Linda, 1985. "External disturbances and the independence of monetary policy under the crawling peg in Colombia," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 313-327, November.
- Daniel M. Laskar, 1983.
"Short-Run Independence of Monetary Policy under a Pegged Exchange-Rates System: An Econometric Approach,"
NBER Chapters, in: The International Transmission of Inflation, pages 314-348,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laskar, Daniel M., 1982. "Short-run independence of monetary policy under a pegged-exchange-rates system: An econometric approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 57-79, January.
- Robert J. Corker & Wanda S Tseng, 1991. "Financial Liberalization, Money Demand, and Monetary Policy in Asian Countries," IMF Occasional Papers 84, International Monetary Fund.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim & Majd, Nader, 1992. "Fixed parity of the exchange rate and economic performance in the CFA zone : a comparative study," Policy Research Working Paper Series 830, The World Bank.
- Porzecanski, Arturo C, 1979. "Patterns of Monetary Policy in Latin America," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(4), pages 427-437, November.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1993. "Exchange Rates, Inflation and Disinflation: Latin American Experiences," NBER Working Papers 4320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & de Melo, Jaime, 1990. "Membership in the CFA zone : Odyssean journey or Trojan horse?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 482, The World Bank.
- Conway, Patrick & Greene, Joshua, 1993. "Is Africa different?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(12), pages 2017-2028, December.
- Kamas, Linda, 1986. "The Balance of Payments Offset to Monetary Policy: Monetarist, Portfolio Balance, and Keynesian Estimates for Mexico and Venezuela," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 467-481, November.
- Honohan, Patrick, 1990. "Monetary cooperation in the CFA zone," Policy Research Working Paper Series 389, The World Bank.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1977. "The Maximum Likelihood and the Nonlinear Three-Stage Least Squares Estimator in the General Nonlinear Simultaneous Equation Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 955-968, May.
- Honohan, Patrick, 1992.
"Price and monetary convergence in currency unions: The franc and rand zones,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 397-410, August.
- Honohan, Patrick, 1990. "Price and monetary convergence in currency unions : the Franc and Rand zones," Policy Research Working Paper Series 390, The World Bank.
- Kamas, Linda, 1995. "Monetary policy and inflation under the crawling peg: Some evidence from VARs for Colombia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 145-161, February.
- Kouri, Pentti J K & Porter, Michael G, 1974. "International Capital Flows and Portfolio Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 443-467, May/June.
- Sowa, Nii Kwaku, 1994. "Fiscal deficits, output growth and inflation targets in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 1105-1117, August.
- Allechi, M'Bet & Niamkey, Madeleine A., 1994. "Evaluating the net gains from the CFA Franc Zone membership: A different perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 1147-1160, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Waheed, Muhammad, 2010. "Foreign exchange intervention and sterilization: an investigation of State Bank of Pakistan’s Reaction Function," MPRA Paper 33161, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lim, Ewe Ghee & Goh, SooKhoon, 2011. "Is Malaysia exempted from impossible trinity: empirical evidence from 1991-2009," MPRA Paper 30804, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Magnus Saxegaard, 2006. "Excess Liquidity and Effectiveness of Monetary Policy; Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 06/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Ozgur ASLAN & H. Levent KORAP, 2007. "Monetary Transmission Mechanism In An Open Economy Framework: The Case Of Turkey," Istanbul University Econometrics and Statistics e-Journal, Department of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University, vol. 5(1), pages 41-66, May.
- Gilles DUFRÉNOT, 2009. "Credit Policy Stress In The West African Economic And Monetary Union," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 47(4), pages 410-435, December.
- Anja Shortland & David Stasavage, 2004. "Monetary Policy in the Franc Zone: Estimating Interest Rate Rules for the BCEAO," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-20, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Anja Shortland & David Stasavage, 2004. "Monetary Policy in the CFA Zone: Country-level Credit Policy," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-15, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ghatak, Subrata & Moore, Tomoe, 2008. "Monetary policy rules for transition economies: an empirical analysis," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-5, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:5:p:809-827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.