Vector Autoregressions, Policy Analysis, and Directed Acyclic Graphs: An Application to the U.S. Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Quah, Danny, 1989.
"The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 655-673, September.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbance," Working papers 497, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances," NBER Working Papers 2737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1986. "Are forecasting models usable for policy analysis?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 2-16.
- Leamer, Edward E., 1985. "Vector autoregressions for causal inference?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 255-304, January.
- Hess, Patrick J & Lee, Bong-Soo, 1999. "Stock Returns and Inflation with Supply and Demand Disturbances," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1203-1218.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Mark Watson, 1997.
"Systematic Monetary Policy and the Effects of Oil Price Shocks,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1), pages 91-157.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Waston, Mark, 1997. "Systematic Monetary Policy and the Effects of Oil Price Shocks," Working Papers 97-25, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Litterman, Robert B & Weiss, Laurence M, 1985.
"Money, Real Interest Rates, and Output: A Reinterpretation of Postwar U.S. Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(1), pages 129-156, January.
- Robert B. Litterman & Laurence Weiss, 1983. "Money, Real Interest Rates, and Output: A Reinterpretation of Postwar U.S. Data," NBER Working Papers 1077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert B. Litterman & Laurence M. Weiss, 1984. "Money, real interest rates, and output: a reinterpretation of postwar U.S. data," Staff Report 89, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bernanke, Ben S., 1986.
"Alternative explanations of the money-income correlation,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 49-99, January.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1986. "Alternative Explanations of the Money-Income Correlation," NBER Working Papers 1842, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric M. Leeper & Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1996. "What Does Monetary Policy Do?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(2), pages 1-78.
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Leroy, Stephen F., 1985. "Atheoretical macroeconometrics: A critique," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 283-308, November.
- Swanson, N.R. & Granger, C.W.J., 1994. "Impulse Response Functions Based on Causal Approach to Residual Orthogonalization in Vector Autoregressions," Papers 9-94-1, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Dwyer, Mark, 1998. "Business cycle analysis without much theory A look at structural VARs," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 57-88.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry L. & Somwaru, Agapi, 2008.
"Exchange Rates, Foreign Income, and U.S. Agricultural Exports,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
- Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry & Somwaru, Agapi, 2008. "Exchange Rates, Foreign Income, and U. S. Agricultural Exports," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 160-175, October.
- Nazmus Sadat Khan, 2016. "In search of causality between debt and growth: a graph theoretic approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 677-687.
- Lady, George M. & Buck, Andrew J., 2011.
"Structural models, information and inherited restrictions,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2820-2831.
- Andrew J. Buck & George M. Lady, 2011. "Structural Models, Information and Inherited Restrictions," DETU Working Papers 1103, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Buck, Andrew J. & Lady, George M., 2012.
"Structural sign patterns and reduced form restrictions,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 462-470.
- Andrew J. Buck & George M. Lady, 2011. "Structural Sign Patterns and Reduced Form Restrictions," DETU Working Papers 1102, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:79-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessio Moneta, 2003. "Graphical Models for Structural Vector Autoregressions," LEM Papers Series 2003/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2016. "How do China's oil markets affect other commodity markets both domestically and internationally?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 247-254.
- Ligia Alba Melo B & Jorge Ramos F & Hector Zarate S, 2013.
"Mercado de bonos soberanos y estabilidad financiera: Una aplicación de Gráficos Acíclicos Direccionados (GAD) y modelos SVAR,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
011099, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Ligia Alba Melo B. & Jorge Ramos F. & Hector Zarate S., 2013. "Mercado de bonos soberanos y estabilidad financiera: Una aplicación de Gráficos Acíclicos Direccionados (GAD) y modelos SVAR," Borradores de Economia 795, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Xu, Xiaojie, 2014. "Causality and Price Discovery in U.S. Corn Markets: An Application of Error Correction Modeling and Directed Acyclic Graphs," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169806, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tejeda, Hernan A. & Kim, Man-Keun & Feuz, Dillon M., 2015. "Dynamic Relationships and Price Discovery of Western Alfalfa Markets," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205686, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Lima, Elcyon Caiado & Maka, Alexis & Céspedes, Brisne, 2008.
"Monetary Policy, Inflation and the Level of Economic Activity in Brazil After the Real Plan: Stylized Facts from SVAR Models,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE,
FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 62(2), October.
- Brisne J. V. Céspedes & Elcyon C. R. Lima & Alexis Maka, 2005. "Monetary Policy, Inflation and the Level of Economic Activity in Brasil After the Real Plan: Stylized Facts From SVAR Models," Discussion Papers 1101, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Brisne J. V. Céspedes & Elcyon C. R. Lima & Alexis Maka, 2015. "Monetary Policy, Inflation and the Level of Economic Activity in Brasil after the Real Plan: Stylized Facts from SVAR Models," Discussion Papers 0149, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Xiaojie Xu, 2017. "Contemporaneous causal orderings of US corn cash prices through directed acyclic graphs," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 731-758, March.
- Yang, Zihui & Zhao, Yongliang, 2014. "Energy consumption, carbon emissions, and economic growth in India: Evidence from directed acyclic graphs," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 533-540.
- Alessio Moneta, 2005. "Causality in macroeconometrics: some considerations about reductionism and realism," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 433-453.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2008.
"How Important Are Financing Constraints? The Role of Finance in the Business Environment,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 483-516, November.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2006. "How important are financing constraints ? The role of finance in the business environment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3820, The World Bank.
- Bizimana, Jean-Claude & Bessler, David A. & Angerer, Jay P., 2016. "The 2010-2011 Drought Impacts on Cattle Market Integration in the Horn of Africa: A preliminary Evaluation using VAR and Structural Break Analysis," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229991, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Qiang Ji & Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & David Roubaud, 2017. "Network Causality Structures among Bitcoin and other Financial Assets: A Directed Acyclic Graph Approach," Working Papers 201729, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:foreco:v:26:y:2017:i:c:p:30-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2012. "Price and Volatility Spillover between Livestock and Related Commodity Markets," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124798, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bessler, David A. & Leatham, David J. & Yang, Juan, 2005. "In Search of the "Bank Lending Channel": Causality Analysis for the Transmission Mechanism of U.S. Monetary Policy," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19558, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Granville Tunnicliffe Wilson & Marco Reale, 2008. "The sampling properties of conditional independence graphs for I(1) structural VAR models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(5), pages 802-810, September.
More about this item
Keywordsvector autoregression; directed graphs; policy analysis;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- E1 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cem:jaecon:v:6:y:2003:n:1:p:1-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valeria Dowding). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cemaaar.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.