Estimation of the income distribution and detection of subpopulations: An explanatory model
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Furman, W. David & Lindsay, Bruce G., 1994. "Measuring the relative effectiveness of moment estimators as starting values in maximizing likelihoods," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 493-507, June.
- Schluter, Christian & Trede, Mark, 2002. "Tails of Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 151-166, July.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2007.
"Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Davidson, Russell & Flachaire, Emmanuel, 2007. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 141-166, November.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2006. "Asymptotic And Bootstrap Inference For Inequality And Poverty Measures," Departmental Working Papers 2005-06, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2004. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v04100, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 1995. "Did the middle class shrink during the 1980s? UK evidence from kernel density estimates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 407-413, October.
- Marron, J.S. & Schmitz, H.-P., 1992. "Simultaneous Density Estimation of Several Income Distributions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 476-488, December.
- C. S. Wong & W. K. Li, 2000. "On a mixture autoregressive model," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(1), pages 95-115.
- Weiss, Yoram, 1972. "The Risk Element in Occupational and Educational Choices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(6), pages 1203-13, Nov.-Dec..
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1996. "Recent Trends in the UK Income Distribution: What Happened and Why?," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 29-46, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:51:y:2007:i:7:p:3368-3380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.