Simultaneous Density Estimation of Several Income Distributions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rust, John, 1987. "Optimal Replacement of GMC Bus Engines: An Empirical Model of Harold Zurcher," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 999-1033, September.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M & Neumann, George R, 1979.
"An Empirical Job-Search Model, with a Test of the Constant Reservation-Wage Hypothesis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 89-107, February.
- KIEFER, Nicholas M. & NEUMANN, George R., 1979. "An empirical job-search model, with a test of the constant reservation-wage hypothesis," CORE Discussion Papers RP 358, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Greene, William H., 1980. "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-56, May.
- Heckman, James J. & Singer, Burton, 1984. "Econometric duration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 63-132.
- Pakes, Ariel S, 1986.
"Patents as Options: Some Estimates of the Value of Holding European Patent Stocks,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 755-784, July.
- Ariel Pakes, 1984. "Patents as Options: Some Estimates of the Value of Holding European Patent Stocks," NBER Working Papers 1340, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lancaster, Tony & Chesher, Andrew, 1983. "An Econometric Analysis of Reservation Wages," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1661-1676, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Flachaire, Emmanuel & Nunez, Olivier, 2007. "Estimation of the income distribution and detection of subpopulations: An explanatory model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3368-3380, April.
- David Neumark & Mark Schweitzer & William Wascher, 2005.
"The Effects of Minimum Wages on the Distribution of Family Incomes: A Nonparametric Analysis,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(4), pages 867-894.
- David Neumark & Mark Schweitzer & William Wascher, 1998. "The Effects of Minimum Wages on the Distribution of Family Incomes: A Non-Parametric Analysis," NBER Working Papers 6536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Neumark & Mark E. Schweitzer & William L. Wascher, 2004. "The effects of minimum wages on the distribution of family incomes: a nonparametric analysis," Working Paper 0412, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Balaguer-Coll, Maria Teresa & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2007.
"On the determinants of local government performance: A two-stage nonparametric approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 425-451, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina & Diego Prior & María Teresa Balaguer-Coll, 2004. "On The Determinants Of Local Government Performance: A Two-Stage Nonparametric Approach," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Leone Leonida & Leone Leonida & Daniel Montolio, 2003. "Public Capital, Growth and Convergence in Spain. A Counterfactual Density Estimation Approach," Working Papers 2003/3, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Bernard Decaluwé & Luc Savard, 2008. "Poverty, income distribution and CGE micro-simulation modeling: Does the functional form of distribution matter?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(2), pages 149-184, June.
- Flachaire, Emmanuel & Núñez, Olivier, 2003.
"Estimation of income distribution and detection of subpopulations: an explanatory model,"
DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS
ws030201, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Emmanuel Flachaire & Olivier Nunez, 2007. "Estimation of income distribution and detection of subpopulations: an explanatory model," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00175923, HAL.
- Duc Devroye & J. Beirlant & R. Cao & R. Fraiman & P. Hall & M. Jones & Gábor Lugosi & E. Mammen & J. Marron & C. Sánchez-Sellero & J. Uña & F. Udina & L. Devroye, 1997. "Universal smoothing factor selection in density estimation: theory and practice," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 6(2), pages 223-320, December.
- Bradford Mills & Jeffrey R. Alwang & Gautam Hazarika, 2000.
"The Impact of Welfare Reform Across Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Areas: A Nonparametric Analysis,"
JCPR Working Papers
183, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Mills, Bradford F. & Alwang, Jeffrey Roger & Hazarika, Gautam, 2000. "The Impact Of Welfare Reform Across Metropolitan And Non-Metropolitan Areas: A Non-Parametric Analysis," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21760, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lubrano, Michel & Ndoye, Abdoul Aziz Junior, 2016.
"Income inequality decomposition using a finite mixture of log-normal distributions: A Bayesian approach,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 830-846.
- Michel Lubrano & Abdoul Aziz Junior Ndoye, 2016. "Income inequality decomposition using a finite mixture of log-normal distributions: A Bayesian approach," Post-Print hal-01440303, HAL.
- Charpentier, Arthur & Flachaire, Emmanuel, 2015.
"Log-Transform Kernel Density Estimation Of Income Distribution,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 91(1-2), pages 141-159, Mars-Juin.
- Arthur Charpentier & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2014. "Log-Transform Kernel Density Estimation of Income Distribution," Working Papers halshs-01115988, HAL.
- Arthur Charpentier & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2015. "Log-Transform Kernel Density Estimation of Income Distribution," AMSE Working Papers 1506, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Arthur Charpentier & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2015. "Log-Transform Kernel Density Estimation of Income Distribution," Post-Print hal-01457340, HAL.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 1995. "Did the middle class shrink during the 1980s? UK evidence from kernel density estimates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 407-413, October.
- Céline Bonnefond & Matthieu Clément, 2012.
"An analysis of income polarisation in rural and urban China,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 15-37, June.
- Céline BONNEFOND (GREThA, CNRS, UMR5113) & Matthieu CLEMENT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR5113), 2011. "An analysis of income polarization in rural and urban China," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-26, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Priebe, Carey E. & Marchette, David J., 2000. "Alternating kernel and mixture density estimates," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 43-65, November.
- Riccardo Massari, 2009. "Is income becoming more polarized Italy? A closer look with a distributional approach," Working Papers 1, Doctoral School of Economics, Sapienza University of Rome.
- Leonede Leonida & Daniel Montolio, "undated". "Inter-Distributional and Intra-Clusters Dynamics, and Territorial Distribution of Growth among Spanish Provinces," Studies on the Spanish Economy 109, FEDEA.
- J. S. Marron & Frederic Udina, 1995. "Interactive local bandwidth choice," Economics Working Papers 109, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Leone Leonida & Daniel Montolio, 2001. "Convergence and Inter-Distributional Dynamics among the Spanish Provinces. A Non-parametric Density Estimation Approach," Working Papers 2001/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Giovanni Caggiano & Leone Leonida, 2013. "Multimodality in the distribution of GDP and the absolute convergence hypothesis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 1203-1215, June.
- Leone Leonida & Daniel Montolio, 2004. "On the determinants of convergence and divergence processes in Spain," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 28(1), pages 89-121, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:8:y:1992:i:04:p:476-488_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECT .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.