A comparison of techniques of estimation in long-memory processes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Ding, Zhuanxin, 1996. "Varieties of long memory models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 61-77, July.
- Lo, Andrew W, 1991.
"Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Prices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1279-1313, September.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989. "Long-term memory in stock market prices," Working papers 3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Andrew W. Lo, 1989. "Long-term Memory in Stock Market Prices," NBER Working Papers 2984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J., 1996. "Modeling volatility persistence of speculative returns: A new approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 185-215, July.
- B. Mandelbrot, 1972. "Statistical Methodology for Nonperiodic Cycles: From the Covariance To R/S Analysis," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 1, number 3, pages 259-290 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hauser, Michael A. & Reschenhofer, Erhard, 1995. "Estimation of the fractionally differencing parameter with the R/S method," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 569-579, November.
- Mandelbrot, Benoit, 1969. "Long-Run Linearity, Locally Gaussian Process, H-Spectra and Infinite Variances," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 82-111, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luisa Bisaglia & Silvano Bordignon, 2002. "Mean square prediction error for long-memory processes," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 161-175, April.
- Grassi, Stefano & Santucci de Magistris, Paolo, 2014.
"When long memory meets the Kalman filter: A comparative study,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 301-319.
- Stefano Grassi & Paolo Santucci de Magistris, 2011. "When Long Memory Meets the Kalman Filter: A Comparative Study," CREATES Research Papers 2011-14, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- McCoy, E. J. & Stephens, D. A., 2004. "Bayesian time series analysis of periodic behaviour and spectral structure," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 713-730.
- Reisen Valderio A & Cribari-Neto Francisco & Jensen Mark J, 2003. "Long Memory Inflationary Dynamics: The Case of Brazil," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-18, October.
- Leonardo Souza & Jeremy Smith & Reinaldo Souza, 2006.
"Convex combinations of long memory estimates from different sampling rates,"
Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 399-413, December.
- Souza, Leonardo Rocha & Smith, Jeremy & Souza, Reinaldo Castro de, 2003. "Convex combinations of long memory estimates from different sampling rates," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 489, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Franco, Glaura C. & Reisen, Valderio A., 2007. "Bootstrap approaches and confidence intervals for stationary and non-stationary long-range dependence processes," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 375(2), pages 546-562.
- Leonardo Rocha Souza, 2007.
"Temporal Aggregation and Bandwidth selection in estimating long memory,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 701-722, September.
- Souza, Leonardo Rocha, 2003. "Temporal aggregation and bandwidth selection in estimating long memory," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 478, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Javier Contreras-Reyes & Wilfredo Palma, 2013. "Statistical analysis of autoregressive fractionally integrated moving average models in R," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(5), pages 2309-2331, October.
- Souza, Leonardo R. & Smith, Jeremy, 2002. "Bias in the memory parameter for different sampling rates," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 299-313.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Kapetanios, George & Papailias, Fotis, 2014. "Modified information criteria and selection of long memory time series models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 116-131.
- Pai, Jeffrey & Ravishanker, Nalini, 2015. "Fast approximate likelihood evaluation for stable VARFIMA processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 160-168.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Kapetanios, George & Papailias, Fotis, 2014. "Bandwidth selection by cross-validation for forecasting long memory financial time series," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 129-143.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:27:y:1998:i:1:p:61-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.