Bookbuilding vs. fixed price revisited: The effect of aftermarket trading
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sherman, Ann E. & Titman, Sheridan, 2002.
"Building the IPO order book: underpricing and participation limits with costly information,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 3-29, July.
- Ann E. Sherman & Sheridan Titman, 2000. "Building the IPO Order Book: Underpricing and Participation Limits With Costly Information," NBER Working Papers 7786, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neil Brisley & Walid Y. Busaba, 2007. "Secret Reservation Prices in Bookbuilding," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 11(4), pages 693-718.
- Spatt, Chester & Srivastava, Sanjay, 1991. "Preplay Communication, Participation Restrictions, and Efficiency in Initial Public Offerings," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 709-726.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Busaba, Walid Y., 1997. "Bookbuilding vs. Fixed Price: An Analysis of Competing Strategies for Marketing IPOs," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(04), pages 383-403, December.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Busaba, Walid Y. & Wilhelm Jr., William J., 1996. "Price stabilization as a bonding mechanism in new equity issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 223-255, October.
- Andrew Ellul & Marco Pagano, 2006. "IPO Underpricing and After-Market Liquidity," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(2), pages 381-421.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1979.
"Incentive Compatibility and the Bargaining Problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1977. "Incentive Compatability and the Bargaining Problem," Discussion Papers 284, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Spindt, Paul A., 1989. "How investment bankers determine the offer price and allocation of new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 343-361.
- Alexander P. Ljungqvist & Tim Jenkinson & William J. Wilhelm, Jr., 2003.
"Global Integration in Primary Equity Markets: The Role of U.S. Banks and U.S. Investors,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(1), pages 63-99.
- Alexander Ljungqvist & Tim Jenkinson & William Wilhelm, 2001. "Global Integration in Primary Equity Markets: The Role of U.S. Banks and U.S. Investors," OFRC Working Papers Series 2001fe06, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Busaba, Walid Y., 2006. "Bookbuilding, the option to withdraw, and the timing of IPOs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 159-186, January.
- Welch, Ivo, 1992. " Sequential Sales, Learning, and Cascades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 695-732, June.
- Stoughton, Neal M. & Zechner, Josef, 1998. "IPO-mechanisms, monitoring and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 45-77, July.
- Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Dai, Na & Schatzberg, John D., 2010. "The choice of equity selling mechanisms: PIPEs versus SEOs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 104-119, February.
- Harris Milton & Townsend, Robert M, 1981. "Resource Allocation under Asymmetric Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 33-64, January.
- Rock, Kevin, 1986. "Why new issues are underpriced," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 187-212.
- Bradley, Daniel J. & Gonas, John S. & Highfield, Michael J. & Roskelley, Kenneth D., 2009. "An examination of IPO secondary market returns," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 316-330, June.
- Dai, Na, 2007. "Does investor identity matter? An empirical examination of investments by venture capital funds and hedge funds in PIPEs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 538-563, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Autore, Don M. & Boulton, Thomas J. & Smart, Scott B. & Zutter, Chad J., 2014. "The impact of institutional quality on initial public offerings," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 65-96.
- repec:eee:jfinin:v:32:y:2017:i:c:p:60-75 is not listed on IDEAS
- Low, Soo-Wah & Yong, Othman, 2011. "Explaining over-subscription in fixed-price IPOs -- Evidence from the Malaysian stock market," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 205-216, September.
- Vdovychenko, Artem, 2012.
"Динамика Ликвидности На Рынке Первичных Публичных Размещений
[Liquidity dynamics on initial public offerings market]," MPRA Paper 69428, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsInitial public offerings Bookbuilding Fixed price Price discovery Aftermarket trading;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:corfin:v:16:y:2010:i:3:p:370-381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.