IPO mechanism selection by using Classification and Regression Trees
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 46 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Degeorge, François & Derrien, Francois & Womack, Kent L, 2004.
"Quid Pro Quo in IPOs: Why Book-Building is Dominating Auctions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4462, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- François Degeorge & François Derrien & Kent L. Womack, 2004. "Quid Pro Quo in IPOs: Why Book-building is Dominating Auctions," Working Papers 2004.150, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sherman, Ann E, 2000. "IPOs and Long-Term Relationships: An Advantage of Book Building," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 697-714.
- Frydman, Halina & Altman, Edward I & Kao, Duen-Li, 1985. " Introducing Recursive Partitioning for Financial Classification: The Case of Financial Distress," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 269-91, March.
- Welch, Ivo, 1992. " Sequential Sales, Learning, and Cascades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 695-732, June.
- Francesca Cornelli & David Goldreich, 2003. "Bookbuilding: How Informative Is the Order Book?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1415-1443, 08.
- Kiymaz, Halil, 2000. "The initial and aftermarket performance of IPOs in an emerging market: evidence from Istanbul stock exchange," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 213-227, June.
- Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Sherman, Ann, 1996. "International differences in oversubscription and underpricing of IPOs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 359-381, July.
- Chahine, Salim, 2007. "Investor interest, trading volume, and the choice of IPO mechanism in France," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 116-135.
- Francesca Cornelli, 2001. "Bookbuilding and Strategic Allocation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2337-2369, December.
- Kenji Kutsuna & Richard L. Smith, . "Issue Cost and Method of IPO Underwriting: Japan's Change from Auction Method Pricing to Book Building," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-35, Claremont Colleges.
- Sigrid Vandemaele, 2003. "Choice of Selling Mechanism at the IPO: the Case of the French Second Market," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(4), pages 435-455.
- Kaneko, Takashi & Pettway, Richard H., 2003. "Auctions versus book building of Japanese IPOs," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 439-462, September.
- Bruno Biais & Peter Bossaerts & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2002.
"An Optimal IPO Mechanism,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(1), pages 117-146.
- Tim Jenkinson & Howard Jones, 2004.
"Bids and Allocations in European IPO Bookbuilding,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(5), pages 2309-2338, October.
- Spatt, Chester & Srivastava, Sanjay, 1991. "Preplay Communication, Participation Restrictions, and Efficiency in Initial Public Offerings," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 709-26.
- Rock, Kevin, 1986. "Why new issues are underpriced," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 187-212.
- Kandel, Shmuel & Sarig, Oded & Wohl, Avi, 1999. "The Demand for Stocks: An Analysis of IPO Auctions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 227-47.
- Jürgen Bierbaum & Veronika Grimm, 2006.
"Selling shares to retail investors: auction vs. fixed price,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 10(2), pages 85-112, August.
- Veronika Grimm & Jürgen Bierbaum, 2004. "Selling Shares To Retail Investors: Auction Vs. Fixed Price," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Jay R. Ritter, 2003. "Differences between European and American IPO Markets," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(4), pages 421-434.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Spindt, Paul A., 1989. "How investment bankers determine the offer price and allocation of new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 343-361.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R. & Rydqvist, Kristian, 1995.
"Initial public offerings: International insights,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 139-140, May.
- Welch, Ivo, 1989. " Seasoned Offerings, Imitation Costs, and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 421-49, June.
- Pettway, Richard H. & Kaneko, Takashi, 1996. "The effects of removing price limits and introducing auctions upon short-term IPO returns: The case of Japanese IPOs," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 241-258, July.
- Logue, Dennis E., 1973. "On the Pricing of Unseasoned Equity Issues: 1965–1969," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 91-103, January.
- Moez Bennouri & Sonia Falconieri, 2001. "Price versus Quantity Discrimination in Optimal IPOs," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-083/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ibbotson, Roger G., 1975. "Price performance of common stock new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 235-272, September.
- Ma, Shiguang & Faff, Robert, 2007. "Market conditions and the optimal IPO allocation mechanism in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 121-139, April.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Ann E. Sherman, 2005. "Reforming the Bookbuilding Process for IPOs," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 17(1), pages 67-72.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:qualqt:v:46:y:2012:i:3:p:873-888. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.