The initial and aftermarket performance of IPOs in an emerging market: evidence from Istanbul stock exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tinic, Seha M, 1988. " Anatomy of Initial Public Offerings of Common Stock," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 789-822, September.
- Beatty, Randolph P. & Ritter, Jay R., 1986.
"Investment banking, reputation, and the underpricing of initial public offerings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 213-232.
- Randolph P. Beatty & Jay R. Ritter, "undated". "Investment Banking, Reputation and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Randolph P. Beatty & Jay R. Ritter, "undated". "Investment Banking, Reputation and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Baron, David P, 1982. " A Model of the Demand for Investment Banking Advising and Distribution Services for New Issues," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 955-976, September.
- Kim, Jeong-Bon & Krinsky, Itzhak & Lee, Jason, 1995. "The aftermarket performance of initial public offerings in Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 429-448, December.
- Reena Aggarwal & Ricardo Leal & Leonardo Hernandez, 1993. "The Aftermarket Performance of Initial Public Offerings in Latin America," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(1), Spring.
- Keasey, K & Short, H, 1992. "The underpricing of initial public offerings: Some UK evidence," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 457-466, July.
- Ibbotson, Roger G., 1975. "Price performance of common stock new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 235-272, September.
- Rock, Kevin, 1986. "Why new issues are underpriced," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 187-212.
- Kunz, Roger M. & Aggarwal, Reena, 1994. "Why initial public offerings are underpriced: Evidence from Switzerland," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 705-723, September.
- Peavy, John W, III, 1990. "Returns on Initial Public Offerings of Closed-End Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 695-708.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salim Darmadi & Randy Gunawan, 2013. "Underpricing, board structure, and ownership: An empirical examination of Indonesian IPO firms," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(2), pages 181-200, January.
- Recep Bildik & Mustafa K. Yilmaz, 2008. "The Market Performance of Initial Public Offerings in the Istanbul Stock Exchange," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 2(2), pages 49-76.
- Samarakoon, Lalith P., 2010. "The short-run underpricing of initial public offerings in the Sri Lankan stock market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(4-5), pages 197-213, December.
- Guray Kucukkocaoglu, 2007. "Underpricing in Turkey: Comparison of the IPO Methods," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006 8, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- repec:eco:journ1:2018-05-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kooli, Maher & Suret, Jean-Marc, 2004. "The aftermarket performance of initial public offerings in Canada," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 47-66, February.
- Ihsan Isik & Asokan Anandarajan & Ebru Isik, 2002. "The Relationship of Earnings and Book Values to Equity Values: Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 0216, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jun 2002.
- Aydin Yüksel & Asli Yüksel, 2006. "The Link between IPO Underpricing and Trading Volume: Evidence from the Istanbul Stock Exchange," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 11(3), pages 57-78, Fall.
- Shaio Yan Huang & Chao-Hsiung Lee & Lee-Hsien Pan & Bich Hanh Nguyen Thi, 2016. "IPO Initial Excess Return in an Emerging Market: Evidence from Vietnam’s Stock Exchanges," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(02), pages 1-23, June.
- Ihsan Isik & M. Kabir Hassan & Ebru Meleke-Isik, 2002. "Financial Distress and Bank Performance: Turkish Experience," Working Papers 0217, Economic Research Forum, revised 13 Jun 2002.
- Bengi Ertuna & Metin Ercan & Vedat Akgiray, 2003. "The Effect of the Issuer-Underwriter Relationship on IPOs: The Case of an Emerging Market," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 8(3), pages 43-55, Fall.
- repec:mir:mirbus:v:7:y:2017:i:7:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jay R. Ritter, 2003. "Differences between European and American IPO Markets," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(4), pages 421-434.
- Adam Zaremba & Radoslaw Zmudzinski, 2014. "IPO Initial Underpricing Anomaly: the Election Gimmick Hypothesis," Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 3(2), pages 167-181.
- Guray Kucukkocaoglu & Ozge Sezgin Alp, 2012. "IPO mechanism selection by using Classification and Regression Trees," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 873-888, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:10:y:2000:i:2:p:213-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/mulfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.