Modelling of IPO Underpricing in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chan, Kalok & Wang, Junbo & Wei, K. C. John, 2004. "Underpricing and long-term performance of IPOs in China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 409-430, June.
- Alberto Dellâ€™Acqua & Leonardo L. Etro & Emanuele Teti & Michele Murri, 2015. "IPO underpricing and aftermarket performance in Italy," Journal of Economic and Financial Studies (JEFS), LAR Center Press, vol. 3(3), pages 1-14, June.
- Kiymaz, Halil, 2000. "The initial and aftermarket performance of IPOs in an emerging market: evidence from Istanbul stock exchange," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 213-227, June.
- Beatty, Randolph P. & Ritter, Jay R., 1986.
"Investment banking, reputation, and the underpricing of initial public offerings,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 213-232.
- Randolph P. Beatty & Jay R. Ritter, "undated". "Investment Banking, Reputation and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Randolph P. Beatty & Jay R. Ritter, "undated". "Investment Banking, Reputation and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Alberto Alesina & Ignazio Angeloni & Federico Etro, 2005.
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 602-615, June.
- Alberto Alesina & Ignazio Angeloni & Federico Etro, 2003. "International Unions," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2001, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Etro, Federico & Ageloni, Ignazio & Alesina, Alberto, 2005. "International Unions," Scholarly Articles 4553008, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Angeloni, Ignazio & Etro, Federico, 2003. "International Unions," CEPR Discussion Papers 3913, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Robinson & Mary Robinson & Chien-Chih Peng, 2004. "Underpricing and IPO ownership retention," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 28(1), pages 132-146, March.
- Tim Loughran & Jay Ritter, 2004. "Why Has IPO Underpricing Changed Over Time?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 33(3), Fall.
- Titman, Sheridan & Wessels, Roberto, 1988. " The Determinants of Capital Structure Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 1-19, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Faysal Ahmad Khan & Tasruma Sharmeen Chowdhury, 2017. "Modelling of IPO Underpricing in Bangladesh," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 7(7), pages 1-10, July.
- Sarra Ben Slama Zouari & Abdelkader Boudriga & Neila Boulila Taktak, 2011. "Determinants Of Ipo Underpricing: Evidence From Tunisia," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 5(1), pages 13-32.
- Su, Chen & Brookfield, David, 2013. "An evaluation of the impact of stock market reforms on IPO under-pricing in China: The certification role of underwriters," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 20-33.
- Deng, Qi & Zhou, Zhong-guo, 2016. "Overreaction in ChiNext IPOs' initial returns: How much and what caused it?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 82-103.
- Jeppsson, Hans, 2018. "Initial public offerings, subscription precommitments and venture capital participation," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 650-668.
- Su, Chen & Bangassa, Kenbata, 2011. "The impact of underwriter reputation on initial returns and long-run performance of Chinese IPOs," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 760-791.
- Hoque, Hafiz & Mu, Shaolong, 2021. "Does a reduction of state control affect IPO underpricing? Evidence from the Chinese A-share market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Killins, Robert N., 2019. "An investigation of the short-term performance of the Canadian IPO market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 102-113.
- Alanazi, Ahmed S. & Al-Zoubi, Haitham A., 2015. "Extreme IPO underpricing and the legal environment in wealthy emerging economies," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 83-103.
- Giannopoulos, George & Degiannakis, Stavros & Holt, Andrew & Pongpoonsuksri, Teerapon, 2018. "The Impact of the 2007 Global Financial Crisis on IPO Performance in Asian-Pacific Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 96269, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guo, Haifeng & Brooks, Robert, 2009. "Duration of IPOs between offering and listing: Cox proportional hazard models--Evidence for Chinese A-share IPOs," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 239-249, December.
- Sanjay Dhamija & Ravinder Kumar Arora, 2017. "Initial and After-market Performance of SME IPOs in India," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 18(6), pages 1536-1551, December.
- Hao, Xiangchao & Shi, Jing & Yang, Jian, 2014. "The differential impact of the bank–firm relationship on IPO underpricing: evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 207-232.
- Su, Chen, 2015. "Does institutional reform improve the impact of investment bank reputation on the long-term stock performance of initial public offerings?," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 445-470.
- Elvira Tiziana La Rocca, 2016. "Ipo, Underpricing e Corporate governance: una meta analisi," ESPERIENZE D'IMPRESA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(1), pages 41-64.
- Chen Su, 2018. "The efficiency of IPO issuing mechanisms and market conditions: evidence in China," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 461-495, August.
- Sheena Chhabra & Ravi Kiran, 2022. "Impact of information on winners' curse and long run performance of initial public offerings," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 975-992, January.
- Stavros Thomadakis & Dimitrios Gounopoulos & Christos Nounis & Andreas Merikas, 2016. "Collateral Regulation and IPOâ€ Specific Liberalisation: the Case of Price Limits in the Athens Stock Exchange," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 22(2), pages 276-312, March.
- Tiziana La Rocca, 2021. "Do prestigious underwriters shape IPO pricing? A meta-analytic review," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 573-609, April.
- Güçbilmez, Ufuk, 2014. "Why do some Chinese technology firms avoid ChiNext and go public in the US?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 179-194.
More about this item
KeywordsBangladesh; Initial public offering; Initial return (IR); Market adjusted initial return (MAIR); Underpricing.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lrc:larijb:v:7:y:2017:i:7:p:1-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.thejournalofbusiness.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Al Hossain (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.thejournalofbusiness.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.