Consumption behavior of migrant households in Vietnam: Remittances, duration of stay, and the household registration system
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2010.
"Inter-provincial migration and inequality during Vietnam's transition,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 100-112, January.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2008. "Interprovincial Migration and Inequality During Vietnam's Transition," Staff Paper Series 507, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Yoko Niimi & Thai Hung Pham & Barry Reilly, 2009.
"Determinants of Remittances: Recent Evidence Using Data on Internal Migrants in Vietnam,"
Asian Economic Journal,
East Asian Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 19-39, March.
- Niimi, Yoko & Pham, Thai Hung & Reilly, Barry, 2008. "Determinants of remittances : recent evidence using data on internal migrants in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4586, The World Bank.
- Alan de Brauw & Tomoko Harigaya, 2007.
"Seasonal Migration and Improving Living Standards in Vietnam,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(2), pages 430-447.
- Tomoko Harigaya & Alan de Brauw, 2004. "Seasonal Migration and Improving Living Standards in Vietnam," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-10, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Nguyen, Minh Cong & Winters, Paul, 2011. "The impact of migration on food consumption patterns: The case of Vietnam," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 71-87, February.
- Binkai Chen & Ming Lu & Ninghua Zhong, 2012. "Hukou and Consumption Heterogeneity: Migrants' Expenditure Is Depressed by Institutional Constraints in Urban China," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-221, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2011.
"Bias-Corrected Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Abadie, Alberto & Imbens, Guido W., 2011. "Bias-Corrected Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 29(1), pages 1-11.
- Jamal Bouyiour & Amal Miftah, 2015.
"The impact of migrant workers' remittances on the living standards of families in Morocco: A propensity score matching approach,"
Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 12(1), pages 13-27, January.
- Jamal BOUOIYOUR & Amal MIFTAH, 2014. "The impact of Migrant Workers' Remittances on the Living Standards of families in Morocco: a Propensity Score Matching Approach," Working Papers 2013-2014_10, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Feb 2014.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Amal Miftah, 2018. "The impact of Migrant Workers' Remittances on the Living Standards of families in Morocco: a Propensity Score Matching Approach," Working Papers hal-01880337, HAL.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Amal Miftah, 2015. "The impact of migrant workers'remittances on the living standards of families in Morocco: A propensity score matching approach," Post-Print hal-01879681, HAL.
- Huong Thu Le & Alison L. Booth, 2014.
"Inequality in Vietnamese Urban–Rural Living Standards, 1993–2006,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 862-886, December.
- Le, Huong Thu & Booth, Alison L., 2010. "Inequality in Vietnamese Urban-Rural Living Standards, 1993-2006," IZA Discussion Papers 4987, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Booth, Alison L & Le, Huong Thu, 2010. "Inequality in Vietnamese Urban-Rural Living Standards, 1993-2006," CEPR Discussion Papers 7918, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cuong Viet Nguyen & Thai Pham Minh, 2016.
"Are migrants in large cities underpaid? Evidence from Vietnam,"
IZA Journal of Migration and Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Nguyen, Viet Cuong & Pham, Minh Thai, 2012. "Are Migrants in Large Cities Underpaid? Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 40765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Catherine Locke & Nguyen Thi Ngan Hoa & Nguyen Thi Thanh Tam, 2012. "Visiting Marriages and Remote Parenting: Changing Strategies of Rural--Urban Migrants to Hanoi, Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(1), pages 10-25, July.
- Cuong Viet Nguyen & Marrit Van den Berg & Robert Lensink, 2011. "The impact of work and non‐work migration on household welfare, poverty and inequality," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(4), pages 771-799, October.
- Nguyen Thu Phuong & Tran Ngo Thi Minh Tam & Nguyen Thi Nguyet & Remco Oostendorp, 2008. "Determinants and Impacts of Migration in Vietnam," Working Papers 01, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Chen, Binkai & Lu, Ming & Zhong, Ninghua, 2015. "How Urban Segregation Distorts Chinese Migrants’ Consumption?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 133-146.
- Mitsuhiro Hayashi & Mitsuhiko Kataoka & Takahiro Akita, 2014. "Expenditure Inequality in Indonesia, 2008–2010: A Spatial Decomposition Analysis and the Role of Education," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 389-411, December.
- Jamie Gillen, 2016. "Bringing the countryside to the city: Practices and imaginations of the rural in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 53(2), pages 324-337, February.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Remittances as insurance: evidence from Mexican immigrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 227-254, June.
More about this item
KeywordsRural urban migration; Consumption; Household registration system;
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:57:y:2018:i:c:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.