Remittances and household expenditure patterns in Tajikistan: A propensity score matching analysis
The object of this article is to assess the impact of remittances on household expenditure patterns in Tajikistan. More specifically, the paper applies propensity score matching methods to the 2003 Tajikistan Living Standards Measurement Survey. The results do not provide evidence of a productive use of remittances since neither internal nor external remittances have a positive effect on investment expenditures. Migration and remittances are therefore interpreted in terms of short-term coping strategies that help dependent households to achieve a basic level of consumption
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue Léon Duguit, 33608 Pessac Cedex|
Phone: +33 (0)18.104.22.168.75
Fax: +33 (0)22.214.171.124.47
Web page: http://gretha.u-bordeaux4.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2009.
"New Evidence on the Role of Remittances on Health Care Expenditures by Mexican Households,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4617, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2011. "New evidence on the role of remittances on healthcare expenditures by Mexican households," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 69-98, March.
- Valero-Gil, Jorge, 2008. "Remittances and the household’s expenditures on health," MPRA Paper 9572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lina cardona Sosa & Carlos Medina, .
"Migration as a Safety Net and Effects of Remittances on Household Consumption: The Case of Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
414, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Lina Cardona Sosa & Carlos Medina, 2006. "Migration as a Safety Net and Effects of Remittances on Household Consumption: The Case of Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003219, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Tania Sainz & Susan Pozo, 2007. "Remittances and healthcare expenditure patterns of populations in origin communities : evidence from Mexico," INTAL Working Papers 1450, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grt:wpegrt:2011-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emmanuel Petit)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.