Decomposing exchange rate volatility around the Pacific Rim
Volatility in exchange rates is decomposed into components associated with domestic and international concerns for six Pacific Rim currencies. A latent factor model is used to model bilateral exchange rate changes as the weighted sum of three factors; two factors are uniquely associated with each of the currencies involved in the exchange rates and the other represents world shocks common to all exchange rates.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Bui, Nhuong & Pippenger, John, 1990. "Commodity prices, exchange rates and their relative volatility," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-20, March.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mahieu, Ronald & Schotman, Peter, 1994. "Neglected common factors in exchange rate volatility," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 279-311, July.
- Ronald Mahieu & Peter Schotman, 1994. "Neglected Common Factors in Exchange Rate Volatility," CEPR Financial Markets Paper 0041, European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets, c/o C.E.P.R, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ..
- Dungey, M., 1997. "A Multilateral Approach to Decomposing Volatility in Belateral Exchange Rates," Papers 320, Australian National University - Department of Economics. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)