Agricultural water management and poverty linkages
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stanley Wood & Liangzhi You & Xiaobo Zhang, 2004.
"Spatial Patterns of Crop Yields in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 41(124), pages 361-381.
- Wood, Stanley & You, Liangzhi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2004. "Spatial patterns of crop yields in Latin America and the Caribbean:," EPTD discussion papers 124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2005. "Shaping the Future of Water for Agriculture : A Sourcebook for Investment in Agricultural Water Management," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7298.
- Shively, Gerald E., 2006. "Externalities and labour market linkages in a dynamic two-sector model of tropical agriculture," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 59-75, February.
- Derman, B. & Hellum, A. & Sithole, P., 2005. "Intersections of human rights and customs: A livelihood perspective on water laws," IWMI Books, Reports H038744, International Water Management Institute.
- Shively, Gerald & Pagiola, Stefano, 2004. "Agricultural intensification, local labor markets, and deforestation in the Philippines," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 241-266, May.
- Qiuqiong Huang & David Dawe & Scott Rozelle & Jikun Huang & Jinxia Wang, 2005.
"Irrigation, poverty and inequality in rural China ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(2), pages 159-175, June.
- Huang, Qiuqiong & Dawe, David & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun & Wang, Jinxia, 2005. "Irrigation, poverty and inequality in rural China," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(2), June.
- Molden, David & Frenken, K. & Barker, R. & de Fraiture, Charlotte & Mati, Bancy & Svendsen, M. & Sadoff, Claudia W. & Finlayson, Max & Atapattu, Sithara & Giordano, Mark & Inocencio, Arlene & Lannerst, 2007. "Trends in water and agricultural development," IWMI Books, Reports H040195, International Water Management Institute.
- Hussain, Intizar, 2005. "Pro-poor intervention strategies in irrigated agriculture in Asia: poverty in irrigated agriculture: issues, lessons, options and guidelines: Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan and Vietnam.," IWMI Research Reports H037150, International Water Management Institute.
- van Koppen, Barbara & Giordano, Mark & Butterworth, J., 2007. "Community-based water law and water resource management reform in developing countries," IWMI Books, Reports H040683, International Water Management Institute.
- Thomas Reardon & C. Peter Timmer & Christopher B. Barrett & Julio Berdegué, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1140-1146.
- Castillo, G. E. & Namara, Regassa & Ravnborg, H. M. & Hanjra, M. A. & Smith, L. & Hussein, M. H. & Bene, C. & Cook, S. & Hirsch, D. & Polak, P. & Valee, Domitille & van Koppen, Barbara, 2007. "Reversing the flow: agricultural water management pathways for poverty reduction," IWMI Books, Reports H040197, International Water Management Institute.
- Carter, Michael R. & Little, Peter D. & Mogues, Tewodaj & Negatu, Workneh, 2007. "Poverty Traps and Natural Disasters in Ethiopia and Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 835-856, May.
- Lange, Glenn-Marie & Mungatana, Eric & Hassan, Rashid, 2007. "Water accounting for the Orange River Basin: An economic perspective on managing a transboundary resource," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 660-670, March.
- van Koppen, Barbara & Giordano, Mark & Butterworth, John, 2007. "Community-based water law and water resource management reform in developing countries," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 138046.
- Mahabub Hossain & Firdousi Naher & Quazi Shahabuddin, 2005.
"Food Security and Nutrition in Bangladesh: Progress and Determinants,"
The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 2(2), pages 103-132.
- Hossain, Mahabub & Naher, Firdousi & Shahabuddin, Quazi, 2005. "Food Security and Nutrition in Bangladesh: Progress and Determinants," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 2(2).
- Kevin C. Urama & Ian Hodge, 2004. "Irrigation Externalities and Agricultural Sustainability in South-eastern Nigeria," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 479-501.
- Merrey, D. J. & Meinzen-Dick, R. & Mollinga, P. P. & Karar, E. & Huppert, W. & Rees, J. & Vera, J. & Wegerich, K. & van der Zaag, P., 2007. "Policy and institutional reform: the art of the possible," IWMI Books, Reports H040198, International Water Management Institute.
- von Braun, Joachim & Puetz, Detlev & Webb, Patrick, 1989. "Irrigation technology and commercialization of rice in the Gambia: effects on income and nutrition," Research reports 75, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Thomas Reardon & J. Edward Taylor & Kostas Stamoulis & Peter Lanjouw & Arsenio Balisacan, 2000. "Effects of Non-Farm Employment on Rural Income Inequality in Developing Countries: An Investment Perspective," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 266-288.
- Hope, R.A., 2007. "Evaluating Social Impacts of Watershed Development in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1436-1449, August.
- Marrit van den Berg & Girma Earo Kumbi, 2006. "Poverty and the rural nonfarm economy in Oromia, Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(s3), pages 469-475, November.
- Faures, J. M. & Svendsen, M. & Turral, Hugh & Berkhoff, J. & Bhattarai, M. & Caliz, A. M. & Darghouth, S. & Doukkali, M. R. & El-Kady, M. & Facon, T. & Gopalakrishnan, M. & Groenfeldt, D. & Hoanh, Chu, 2007. "Reinventing irrigation," IWMI Books, Reports H040202, International Water Management Institute.
- Janmaat, John, 2004. "Calculating the cost of irrigation induced soil salinization in the tungabhadra project," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 81-96, July.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:7230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morrison, Jamie & Pearce, Richard, 2000. "Interrelationships between economic policy and agri-environmental indicators: an investigative framework with examples from South Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 363-377, September.
- Trawick, Paul, 2003. "Against the Privatization of Water: An Indigenous Model for Improving Existing Laws and Successfully Governing the Commons," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 977-996, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jouzi, Zeynab & Azadi, Hossein & Taheri, Fatemeh & Zarafshani, Kiumars & Gebrehiwot, Kindeya & Van Passel, Steven & Lebailly, Philippe, 2017. "Organic Farming and Small-Scale Farmers: Main Opportunities and Challenges," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 144-154.
- Nunez, Paula & Colmenero, Alberto, 2011. "Ague, agricultura y desarrollo: avances y retos para la reduccion de la pobreza," Revista EspaÃ±ola de Estudios Agrosociales y Pesqueros, Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, Rural y Marino (formerly Ministry of Agriculture), issue 230.
- de Fraiture, Charlotte & Molden, David & Wichelns, Dennis, 2010. "Investing in water for food, ecosystems, and livelihoods: An overview of the comprehensive assessment of water management in agriculture," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 495-501, April.
- Giordano, Meredith & de Fraiture, Charlotte, 2014. "Small private irrigation: Enhancing benefits and managing trade-offs," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 175-182.
- Unesco Unesco, 2015. "Water for a Sustainable World," Working Papers id:6657, eSocialSciences.
- Hatem Jemmali & Mohamed Salah Matoussi, 2012. "A Multidimensional Analysis of Water Poverty at A Local Scale- Application of Improved Water Poverty Index for Tunisia," Working Papers 730, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:191:y:2017:i:c:p:207-217 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muchara, B. & Ortmann, G. & Mudhara, M. & Wale, E., 2016. "Irrigation water value for potato farmers in the Mooi River Irrigation Scheme of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: A residual value approach," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 164(P2), pages 243-252.
- Namara, Regassa E. & Hope, Lesley & Sarpong, Eric Owusu & De Fraiture, Charlotte & Owusu, Diana, 2014. "Adoption patterns and constraints pertaining to small-scale water lifting technologies in Ghana," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 194-203.
- García-Bolaños, Mariana & Borgia, Cecilia & Poblador, Noemí & Dia, Mamadou & Seyid, Ould Mohamed Vadel & Mateos, Luciano, 2011. "Performance assessment of small irrigation schemes along the Mauritanian banks of the Senegal River," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(7), pages 1141-1152, May.
- Sun, Haoyang & Wang, Sufen & Hao, Xinmei, 2017. "An Improved Analytic Hierarchy Process Method for the evaluation of agricultural water management in irrigation districts of north China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 324-337.
- Singh, Vivek, 2014. "Strategies for Sustainable and Inclusive Agriculture Development in Jharkhand," MPRA Paper 62610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hanjra, Munir A. & Qureshi, M. Ejaz, 2010. "Global water crisis and future food security in an era of climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 365-377, October.
More about this item
KeywordsIrrigation Investments Livelihoods Multiple uses Water rights;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:97:y:2010:i:4:p:520-527. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.