Wells and welfare in the Ganga Basin: Public policy and private initiative in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshi, P.K. & Birthal, Pratap Singh & Minot, Nicholas, 2006. "Sources of agricultural growth in India: role of diversification towards high-value crops," MTID discussion papers 98, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Amrita Sharma & Anik Bhaduri, 2009. "The "Tipping Point" in Indian Agriculture: Understanding the Withdrawal of the Indian Rural Youth," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 6(1), pages 83-97, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, C. & Kishore, A. & Sharma, A., 2003.
"Energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: Improving groundwater conservation and power sector viability,"
IWMI Research Reports
H033885, International Water Management Institute.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, C. & Kishore, A. & Sharma, A., 2007. "Energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: improving groundwater conservation and power sector viability," IWMI Books, Reports H040049, International Water Management Institute.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, Christopher & Kishore, Avinash & Sharma, Abhishek, 2004. "Energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: improving groundwater conservation and power sector viability," IWMI Research Reports H036593, International Water Management Institute.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh & Patel, Ankit & Singh, O. P., 2008. "Rainwater harvesting in the water-scarce regions of India: potential and pitfalls," Conference Papers h041809, International Water Management Institute.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, Christopher & Berkoff, J. & Kishore, A. & Sharma, A., 2007. "The energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: groundwater conservation and power sector viability," IWMI Books, Reports H040608, International Water Management Institute.
- Narayanamoorthy, A. & Alli, P. & Suresh, R., 2015. "Is the Role of Irrigation in Agricultural Output Declining in India?: A District-Wise Study at Six Time Points," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 70(3).
- Sushil Pandey & Humnath Bhandari & Shijun Ding & Preeda Prapertchob & Ramesh Sharan & Dibakar Naik & Sudhir K. Taunk & Asras Sastri, 2007. "Coping with drought in rice farming in Asia: insights from a cross-country comparative study," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 213-224, December.
- Chopra, Kanchan, 2005. "Price and Non-Price Reform in Indian Agriculture: A Re-examination and Some Reflections," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 60(1).
- Shah, Tushaar & Ul Hassan, Mehmood & Khattak, Muhammad Zubair & Banerjee, Parth Sarthi & Singh, O.P. & Rehman, Saeed Ur, 2009. "Is Irrigation Water Free? A Reality Check in the Indo-Gangetic Basin," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 422-434, February.
More about this item
KeywordsRiver basins / Groundwater management / Groundwater development / Groundwater irrigation / Pumps / Tube wells / Public policy / Poverty / Social aspects / Flood water / Water market / Waterlogging / Electricity supplies / Energy / Pricing / Rural development / Villages;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwt:rerpts:h028784. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.