Poverty, Income Inequality, and Irrigation Development: Longitudinal Evidence from Palawan, Philippines
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Shively, Gerald & Yao, Richard, 2015. "Poverty, Income Inequality, and Irrigation Development: Longitudinal Evidence from Palawan, Philippines," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Rajan K. Sampath, 1990. "On Some Aspects of Irrigation Distribution in India," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(4), pages 448-463.
- Ravallion, M., 1992. "Poverty Comparisons - A Guide to Concepts and Methods," Papers 88, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Hussain, Intizar & Wijerathna, Deeptha, 2004. "Irrigation and income-poverty alleviation: a comparative analysis of irrigation systems in developing Asia," IWMI Research Reports H036165, International Water Management Institute.
- Gerald Shively & Monica Fisher, 2004. "Smallholder Labor and Deforestation: A Systems Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1361-1366.
- Braun, Denny, 1988. "Multiple Measurements of U.S. Income Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 398-405, August.
- Shujie Yao & Jirui Liu, 1996. "Decomposition of Gini coefficients by class: a new approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 115-119.
- Fisher, Monica, 2004. "Household welfare and forest dependence in Southern Malawi," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 135-154, May.
- Thapa, Ganesh & Otsuka, Keijiro & Barker, Randolph, 1992. "Effect of modern rice varieties and irrigation on household income distribution in Nepalese villages," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 7(3-4), pages 245-265, October.
More about this item
Keywordsinequality; irrigation; Philippines; poverty decomposition; rice;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sag:seajad:v:12:y:2015:i:1:p:1-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mariliza V. Ticsay). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/searcph.html .