Fisheries and water productivity in tropical river basins: Enhancing food security and livelihoods by managing water for fish
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dugan, P. J. & Baran, E. & Tharme, R. & Prein, M. & Ahmed, R. & Amerasinghe, P. & Bueno, P. & Brown, C. & Dey, M. & Jayasinghe, G. & Niasse, M. & Nieland, A. & Smakhtin, V. & Tinh, N. & Viswanathan, K, 2002. "The contribution of aquatic ecosystems and fisheries to food security and livelihoods: a research agenda. Challenge Program on Water and Food background paper 3," IWMI Books, Reports H031289, International Water Management Institute.
- Middendorp, H.A.J. & Thompson, P.M. & Pomeroy, R.S. (eds.), 1999. "Sustainable inland fisheries management in Bangladesh," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 13849, September.
- Thilsted, S.H. & Roos, N. & Hassan, N., 1997. "The role of small indigenous fish species in food and nutrition security in Bangladesh," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 20(3/4), pages 82-84;102-1.
- Delgado, C.L. & Wada, N. & Rosegrant, M.W. & Meijer, S. & Ahmed, M., 2003. "Fish to 2020: supply and demand in changing global markets," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 15796, September.
- Prein, M., 2002. "Integration of aquaculture into crop-animal systems in Asia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 127-146.
- Costa-Pierce, B.A. & Effendi, P., 1988. "Sewage fish cages of Kota Cianjur, Indonesia," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 11(2), pages 7-9.
- Anonymous & Barker, Randolph & Molden, David J., 2003. "Water productivity in agriculture: limits and opportunities for improvement," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 138054.
- Guttman, H., 1999. "Rice field fisheries: a resource for Cambodia," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 22(2), pages 11-15.
- Kijne, J. W. & Barker, R. & Molden. D., 2003. "Water productivity in agriculture: limits and opportunities for improvement," IWMI Books, Reports H032631, International Water Management Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ali, M.H. & Talukder, M.S.U., 2008. "Increasing water productivity in crop production--A synthesis," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1201-1213, November.
- Andrea M. Juarez-Lucas & Kelly M. Kibler & Miho Ohara & Takahiro Sayama, 2016. "Benefits of flood-prone land use and the role of coping capacity, Candaba floodplains, Philippines," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 84(3), pages 2243-2264, December.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:12:p:2282-:d:122255 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rahman, M.A. & Haque, S. & Sarma, P.K. m, 2012. "Socioeconomic impact of rice-cum-fish culture in a selected areas of Bangladesh," Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System (BAURES), vol. 10.
- Béné, Christophe & Obirih-Opareh, Nelson, 2009. "Social and economic impacts of agricultural productivity intensification: The case of brush park fisheries in Lake Volta," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 102(1-3), pages 1-10, October.
- Mukherjee, Sacchidananda, 2008.
"Economic Valuation of a Wetland in West Bengal, India,"
14365, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mukherjee, Sacchidananda, 2008. "Economic valuation of a wetland in West Bengal, India," Conference Papers h041880, International Water Management Institute.
- Frija, Aymen & Chebil, Ali & Cheikh M'Hamed, Hatem, 2013. "Marginal Value of Irrigation Water in Wheat Production Systems of Central Tunisia," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160525, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Thakur, Amod K. & Mohanty, Rajeeb K. & Singh, Rajbir & Patil, Dhiraj U., 2015. "Enhancing water and cropping productivity through Integrated System of Rice Intensification (ISRI) with aquaculture and horticulture under rainfed conditions," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 65-76.
- Noorhosseini-Niyaki, Seyyed Ali & Allahyari, Mohammad Sadegh, 2012. "A Logistic Regression Analysis: Agro-Technical Factors Impressible from Fish Farming in Rice Fields, North of Iran," International Journal of Agricultural Management and Development (IJAMAD), Iranian Association of Agricultural Economics, vol. 2(3), September.
- Ahmed, Nesar & Zander, Kerstin K. & Garnett, Stephen T., 2011. "Socioeconomic aspects of rice-fish farming in Bangladesh: opportunities, challenges and production efficiency," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(2), June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:80:y:2006:i:1-3:p:262-275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.