Tree planting under customary tenure systems in malawi: impacts of marriage and inheritance patterns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Migot-Adholla, Shem, et al, 1991. "Indigenous Land Rights Systems in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Constraint on Productivity?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 155-175, January.
- Robert T. Deacon, 1994. "Deforestation and the Rule of Law in a Cross-Section of Countries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(4), pages 414-430.
- Place, Frank & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2001. "Tenure, Agricultural Investment, and Productivity in the Customary Tenure Sector of Malawi," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 77-99, October.
- Feder, Gershon & Onchan, Tongroj & Chalamwong, Yongyuth, 1988. "Land Policies and Farm Performance in Thailand's Forest Reserve Areas," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 483-501, April.
- Place, Frank & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2001. "Population, Tenure, and Natural Resource Management: The Case of Customary Land Area in Malawi," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 13-32, January.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2001. "Land, trees, and women: evolution of land tenure institutions in Western Ghana and Sumatra," Research reports 121, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:foreco:v:29:y:2017:i:pa:p:14-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Brauw, Alan, 2014. "Gender, control, and crop choice in northern Mozambique:," IFPRI discussion papers 1333, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- M. Casari & M. Lisciandra, 2013. "Gender Discrimination in Property Rights," Working Papers wp914, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Casari, Marco & Lisciandra, Maurizio, 2014. "Gender Discrimination and Common Property Resources: a Model," MPRA Paper 57712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Casari, Marco & Lisciandra, Maurizio, 2015. "Gender Discrimination and Common Property Resources," IZA Discussion Papers 9601, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Clifford Ajayi, Oluyede & Akinnifesi, Festus Kehinde & Sileshi, Gudeta & Mn'gomba, Simon & Ajayi, Olubunmi Adeola & Kanjipite, Webstar & Ngulube, John Madalitso, 2012. "Managing conflicts over land and natural resources through collective action: A case study from rural communities in Zambia," CAPRi working papers 105, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Doss, Cheryl R. & Theis, Sophie, 2017. "Womenâ€™s land rights as a pathway to poverty reduction: A framework and review of available evidence," IFPRI discussion papers 1663, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alan Brauw, 2015. "Gender, control, and crop choice in northern Mozambique," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(3), pages 435-448, May.
- Russell, A.J.M. & GrÃ·tz, P.A. & Kriesemer, S.K. & Pemsl, D.E., 2008. "Recommendation domains for pond aquaculture: country case study: development and status of freshwater aquaculture in Malawi," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 37900.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Kassie, Menale & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2010.
"Household Tree Planting in Tigrai, Northern Ethiopia: Tree Species, Purposes, and Determinants,"
dp-10-01-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Kassie, Menale & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2010. "Household Tree Planting in Tigrai, Northern Ethiopia: Tree Species, Purposes, and Determinants," Working Papers in Economics 432, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Meijer, Seline S. & Sileshi, Gudeta W. & Kundhlande, Godfrey & Catacutan, Delia & Nieuwenhuis, Maarten, 2015. "The Role of Gender and Kinship Structure in Household Decision-Making for Agriculture and Tree Planting in Malawi," Journal of Gender, Agriculture and Food Security, Africa Centre for Gender, Social Research and Impact Assessment, vol. 1(1), March.
- Madan M. Dey & Ferdinand J. Paraguas & Patrick Kambewa & Diemuth E. Pemsl, 2010. "The impact of integrated aquaculture-agriculture on small-scale farms in Southern Malawi," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 67-79, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:84:y:2005:i:1:p:99-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.