Crop residue management and soil health: A systems analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Naudin, K. & Bruelle, G. & Salgado, P. & Penot, E. & Scopel, E. & Lubbers, M. & de Ridder, N. & Giller, K.E., 2015. "Trade-offs around the use of biomass for livestock feed and soil cover in dairy farms in the Alaotra lake region of Madagascar," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 36-47.
- Rufino, M.C. & Dury, J. & Tittonell, P. & van Wijk, M.T. & Herrero, M. & Zingore, S. & Mapfumo, P. & Giller, K.E., 2011. "Competing use of organic resources, village-level interactions between farm types and climate variability in a communal area of NE Zimbabwe," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 175-190, February.
- Nicholas Magnan & Douglas M. Larson & J. Edward Taylor, 2012. "Stuck on Stubble? The Non-market Value of Agricultural Byproducts for Diversified Farmers in Morocco-super- ," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1055-1069.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Navarro-Miró, D. & Iocola, I. & Persiani, A. & Blanco-Moreno, J.M. & Kristensen, H. Lakkenborg & Hefner, M. & Tamm, K. & Bender, I. & Védie, H. & Willekens, K. & Diacono, M. & Montemurro, F. & Sans, F, 2019. "Energy flows in European organic vegetable systems: Effects of the introduction and management of agroecological service crops," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C).
- Jaleta, Moti & Kassie, Menale & Erenstein, Olaf, 2015. "Determinants of maize stover utilization as feed, fuel and soil amendment in mixed crop-livestock systems, Ethiopia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 17-23.
- Sun, Hui & Wang, Enzhen & Li, Xiang & Cui, Xian & Guo, Jianbin & Dong, Renjie, 2021. "Potential biomethane production from crop residues in China: Contributions to carbon neutrality," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 148(C).
- Nisar, Shahida & Benbi, Dinesh Kumar & Toor, Amardeep Singh, 2021. "Energy budgeting and carbon footprints of three tillage systems in maize-wheat sequence of north-western Indo-Gangetic Plains," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 229(C).
- Tittonell, Pablo & Gérard, Bruno & Erenstein, Olaf, 2015. "Tradeoffs around crop residue biomass in smallholder crop-livestock systems – What’s next?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 119-128.
- Nyberg, Ylva & Wetterlind, Johanna & Jonsson, Mattias & Öborn, Ingrid, 2020. "The role of trees and livestock in ecosystem service provision and farm priorities on smallholder farms in the Rift Valley, Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 181(C).
- Kiboi, M.N. & Ngetich, K.F. & Fliessbach, A. & Muriuki, A. & Mugendi, D.N., 2019. "Soil fertility inputs and tillage influence on maize crop performance and soil water content in the Central Highlands of Kenya," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 217(C), pages 316-331.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Valbuena, Diego & Tui, Sabine Homann-Kee & Erenstein, Olaf & Teufel, Nils & Duncan, Alan & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Swain, Braja & Mekonnen, Kindu & Germaine, Ibro & Gérard, Bruno, 2015. "Identifying determinants, pressures and trade-offs of crop residue use in mixed smallholder farms in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 107-118.
- Muuz Hadush, 2018. "Welfare and food security response of animal feed and water resource scarcity in Northern Ethiopia," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 6(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Andrieu, N. & Vayssières, J. & Corbeels, M. & Blanchard, M. & Vall, E. & Tittonell, P., 2015. "From farm scale synergies to village scale trade-offs: Cereal crop residues use in an agro-pastoral system of the Sudanian zone of Burkina Faso," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 84-96.
- Paswel P. Marenya & Menale Kassie & Moti Jaleta & Dil Bahadur Rahut & Olaf Erenstein, 2017. "Predicting minimum tillage adoption among smallholder farmers using micro-level and policy variables," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Foran, Tira & Butler, James R.A. & Williams, Liana J. & Wanjura, Wolf J. & Hall, Andy & Carter, Lucy & Carberry, Peter S., 2014. "Taking Complexity in Food Systems Seriously: An Interdisciplinary Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 85-101.
- Ronner, E. & Descheemaeker, K. & Almekinders, C. & Ebanyat, P. & Giller, K.E., 2019. "Co-design of improved climbing bean production practices for smallholder farmers in the highlands of Uganda," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 1-12.
- Turner, Matthew D., 2020. "Assessment through socioecological abstraction: The case of nutrient management models in Sudano-Sahelian West Africa," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C).
- Rodriguez, D & de Voil, P & Rufino, MC & Odendo, M & van Wijk, MT, 2017. "To mulch or to munch? Big modelling of big data," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 32-42.
- Pannell, David J. & Llewellyn, Rick S. & Corbeels, Marc, 2013. "The farm-level economics of conservation agriculture for resource-poor farmers," Working Papers 166526, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Hernandez-Solano, A. & Yunez-Naude, A., 2018. "The shadow value of agricultural land rent of rural households and alternative uses of land for sustainable development: the case of Mexico," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277260, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Baudron, Frédéric & Delmotte, Sylvestre & Corbeels, Marc & Herrera, Juan M. & Tittonell, Pablo, 2015. "Multi-scale trade-off analysis of cereal residue use for livestock feeding vs. soil mulching in the Mid-Zambezi Valley, Zimbabwe," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 97-106.
- Jindo, Keiji & Schut, Antonius G.T. & Langeveld, Johannes W.A., 2020. "Sustainable intensification in Western Kenya: Who will benefit?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 182(C).
- Priscilla Wainaina & Songporne Tongruksawattana & Matin Qaim, 2016. "Tradeoffs and complementarities in the adoption of improved seeds, fertilizer, and natural resource management technologies in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(3), pages 351-362, May.
- Komarek, Adam M. & McDonald, Cam K. & Bell, Lindsay W. & Whish, Jeremy P.M. & Robertson, Michael J. & MacLeod, Neil D. & Bellotti, William D., 2012. "Whole-farm effects of livestock intensification in smallholder systems in Gansu, China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 16-24.
- Christian Thierfelder & Pauline Chivenge & Walter Mupangwa & Todd S. Rosenstock & Christine Lamanna & Joseph X. Eyre, 2017. "How climate-smart is conservation agriculture (CA)? – its potential to deliver on adaptation, mitigation and productivity on smallholder farms in southern Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(3), pages 537-560, June.
- Baqir Lalani & Bassil Aleter & Shinan N. Kassam & Amyn Bapoo & Amir Kassam, 2018. "Potential for Conservation Agriculture in the Dry Marginal Zone of Central Syria: A Preliminary Assessment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-19, February.
- Khataza, Robertson R.B. & Hailu, Atakelty & Kragt, Marit E. & Doole, Graeme, 2017. "The opportunity costs of enhancing legume‐based sustainable agricultural intensification practices in Malawi," 2017 Conference (61st), February 7-10, 2017, Brisbane, Australia 258672, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- van Wijk, Mark T., 2014. "From global economic modelling to household level analyses of food security and sustainability: How big is the gap and can we bridge it?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P2), pages 378-388.
- Razafimahatratra, Hanitriniaina Mamy & Bignebat, Céline & David-Benz, Hélène & Bélières, Jean-François & Penot, Eric, 2021. "Tryout and (Dis)adoption of conservation agriculture. Evidence from Western Madagascar," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C).
- Ditzler, Lenora & Komarek, Adam M. & Chiang, Tsai-Wei & Alvarez, Stéphanie & Chatterjee, Shantonu Abe & Timler, Carl & Raneri, Jessica E. & Carmona, Natalia Estrada & Kennedy, Gina & Groot, Jeroen C.J, 2019. "A model to examine farm household trade-offs and synergies with an application to smallholders in Vietnam," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 49-63.
More about this item
KeywordsCrop residue; Soil quality; Soil health; Soil properties; Animal fodder; Conservation agriculture;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:134:y:2015:i:c:p:6-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.