Multi-scale trade-off analysis of cereal residue use for livestock feeding vs. soil mulching in the Mid-Zambezi Valley, Zimbabwe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rufino, M.C. & Dury, J. & Tittonell, P. & van Wijk, M.T. & Herrero, M. & Zingore, S. & Mapfumo, P. & Giller, K.E., 2011. "Competing use of organic resources, village-level interactions between farm types and climate variability in a communal area of NE Zimbabwe," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 175-190, February.
- Fr�d�ric Baudron & Jens A. Andersson & Marc Corbeels & Ken E. Giller, 2012. "Failing to Yield? Ploughs, Conservation Agriculture and the Problem of Agricultural Intensification: An Example from the Zambezi Valley, Zimbabwe," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(3), pages 393-412, March.
- Manlay, Raphael J. & Ickowicz, Alexandre & Masse, Dominique & Feller, Christian & Richard, Didier, 2004. "Spatial carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus budget in a village of the West African savanna--II. Element flows and functioning of a mixed-farming system," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 83-107, January.
- Belem, Mahamadou & Manlay, Raphaël J. & Müller, Jean-Pierre & Chotte, Jean-Luc, 2011. "CaTMAS: A multi-agent model for simulating the dynamics of carbon resources of West African villages," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 222(20), pages 3651-3661.
- Haggblade, Steven & Tembo, Gelson, 2003. "Conservation farming in Zambia:," EPTD discussion papers 108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chikowo, R. & Corbeels, M. & Tittonell, P. & Vanlauwe, B. & Whitbread, A. & Giller, K.E., 2008. "Aggregating field-scale knowledge into farm-scale models of African smallholder systems: Summary functions to simulate crop production using APSIM," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 151-166, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meine van Noordwijk & Erika Speelman & Gert Jan Hofstede & Ai Farida & Ali Yansyah Abdurrahim & Andrew Miccolis & Arief Lukman Hakim & Charles Nduhiu Wamucii & Elisabeth Lagneaux & Federico Andreotti , 2020. "Sustainable Agroforestry Landscape Management: Changing the Game," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-38, July.
- Christian Thierfelder & Pauline Chivenge & Walter Mupangwa & Todd S. Rosenstock & Christine Lamanna & Joseph X. Eyre, 2017. "How climate-smart is conservation agriculture (CA)? – its potential to deliver on adaptation, mitigation and productivity on smallholder farms in southern Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(3), pages 537-560, June.
- Luedeling, Eike & Smethurst, Philip J. & Baudron, Frédéric & Bayala, Jules & Huth, Neil I. & van Noordwijk, Meine & Ong, Chin K. & Mulia, Rachmat & Lusiana, Betha & Muthuri, Catherine & Sinclair, Ferg, 2016. "Field-scale modeling of tree–crop interactions: Challenges and development needs," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 51-69.
- Tittonell, Pablo & Gérard, Bruno & Erenstein, Olaf, 2015. "Tradeoffs around crop residue biomass in smallholder crop-livestock systems – What’s next?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 119-128.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Berre, D. & Diarisso, T. & Andrieu, N. & Le Page, C. & Corbeels, M., 2021. "Biomass flows in an agro-pastoral village in West-Africa: Who benefits from crop residue mulching?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Valbuena, Diego & Tui, Sabine Homann-Kee & Erenstein, Olaf & Teufel, Nils & Duncan, Alan & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Swain, Braja & Mekonnen, Kindu & Germaine, Ibro & Gérard, Bruno, 2015. "Identifying determinants, pressures and trade-offs of crop residue use in mixed smallholder farms in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 107-118.
- Andrieu, N. & Vayssières, J. & Corbeels, M. & Blanchard, M. & Vall, E. & Tittonell, P., 2015. "From farm scale synergies to village scale trade-offs: Cereal crop residues use in an agro-pastoral system of the Sudanian zone of Burkina Faso," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 84-96.
- Grabowski, Philip P. & Kerr, John M. & Haggblade, Steven & Kabwe, Stephen, 2014. "Determinants of Adoption of Minimum Tillage by Cotton Farmers in Eastern Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 188567, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Tschirley, David L. & Kabwe, Stephen, 2007. "Cotton in Zambia: 2007 Assessment of its Organization, Performance, Current Policy Initiatives, and Challenges for the Future," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54485, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Grabowski, Philip P. & Haggblade, Steven & Kabwe, Stephen & Tembo, Gelson, 2014. "Minimum tillage adoption among commercial smallholder cotton farmers in Zambia, 2002 to 2011," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 34-44.
- Conor Carney & Monica Harber Carney, 2018.
"Impact of soil conservation adoption on intra‐household allocations in Zambia,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 1390-1408, November.
- Conor Carney & Monica Harber Carney, 2017. "Impact of soil conservation adoption on intrahousehold allocations in Zambia," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-65, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gibbons, J.M. & Wood, A.T.A. & Craigon, J. & Ramsden, S.J. & Crout, N.M.J., 2010. "Semi-automatic reduction and upscaling of large models: A farm management example," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 221(4), pages 590-598.
- Wondwossen Tsegaye & Roberto LaRovere & Germano Mwabu & Girma T. Kassie, 2017. "Adoption and farm-level impact of conservation agriculture in Central Ethiopia," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 19(6), pages 2517-2533, December.
- Andrieu, Nadine & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Sanou, Thierry & Chia, Eduardo, 2015. "Effects of technical interventions on flexibility of farming systems in Burkina Faso: Lessons for the design of innovations in West Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 125-137.
- Harris, David & Orr, Alastair, 2014. "Is rainfed agriculture really a pathway from poverty?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 84-96.
- Ayala Wineman, 2016.
"Multidimensional Household Food Security Measurement in Rural Zambia,"
Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(3), pages 278-301, July.
- Wineman, Ayala, 2014. "Multidimensional Household Food Security Measurement in Rural Zambia," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169819, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kabwe, Stephen & Donovan, Cynthia & Samazaka, David, 2007. "Assessment of the Farm Level Financial Profitability of the Magoye RipperiIn Maize and Cotton Production in Southern and Eastern Provinces," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54482, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Leroux, L. & Falconnier, G.N. & Diouf, A.A. & Ndao, B. & Gbodjo, J.E. & Tall, L. & Balde, A.A. & Clermont-Dauphin, C. & Bégué, A. & Affholder, F. & Roupsard, O., 2020. "Using remote sensing to assess the effect of trees on millet yield in complex parklands of Central Senegal," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 184(C).
- Tarisayi Pedzisa & Lovemore Rugube & Alex Winter-Nelson & Kathy Baylis & Kizito Mazvimavi, 2015. "The Intensity of adoption of Conservation agriculture by smallholder farmers in Zimbabwe," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(3), pages 1-22, September.
- Hoffmann, M.P. & Castaneda Vera, A. & van Wijk, M.T. & Giller, K.E. & Oberthür, T. & Donough, C. & Whitbread, A.M., 2014. "Simulating potential growth and yield of oil palm (Elaeis guineensis) with PALMSIM: Model description, evaluation and application," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 1-10.
- Foran, Tira & Butler, James R.A. & Williams, Liana J. & Wanjura, Wolf J. & Hall, Andy & Carter, Lucy & Carberry, Peter S., 2014. "Taking Complexity in Food Systems Seriously: An Interdisciplinary Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 85-101.
- Kazungu, Moses & Zhunusova, Eliza & Yang, Anastasia Lucy & Kabwe, Gillian & Gumbo, Davison J. & Günter, Sven, 2020. "Forest use strategies and their determinants among rural households in the Miombo woodlands of the Copperbelt Province, Zambia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C).
- Poulton, Colin & Gibbon, Peter & Hanyani-Mlambo, Benjamine & Kydd, Jonathan & Maro, Wilbald & Larsen, Marianne Nylandsted & Osorio, Afonso & Tschirley, David & Zulu, Ballard, 2004. "Competition and Coordination in Liberalized African Cotton Market Systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 519-536, March.
- Ronner, E. & Descheemaeker, K. & Almekinders, C. & Ebanyat, P. & Giller, K.E., 2019. "Co-design of improved climbing bean production practices for smallholder farmers in the highlands of Uganda," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 1-12.
More about this item
KeywordsConservation agriculture; Simulation model; Equity; APSIM;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:134:y:2015:i:c:p:97-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.