Review and analysis of documented patterns of agricultural research impacts in Southeast Asia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alston, Julian M. & Wyatt, T. J. & Pardey, Philip G. & Marra, Michele C. & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2000. "A meta-analysis of rates of return to agricultural R & D: ex pede Herculem?," Research reports 113, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Centre for International Economics, 1998. "Control of Newcastle Disease in Village Chickens," Impact Assessment Series (IAS) 47190, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- Evenson, Robert E., 2001. "Economic impacts of agricultural research and extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 573-628 Elsevier.
- Templeton, Deborah Jane & Jamora, Nelissa, 2010. "Economic Assessment of a Change in Pesticide Regulatory Policy in the Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1519-1526, October.
- McLeod, Ross, 2003. "Improved Methods for the Diagnosis and Control of Bluetongue in Small Ruminants in Asia and the Epidemiology and Control of Bovine Ephemeral Fever in China," Impact Assessment Series (IAS) 113226, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- Davis, Jeffrey S. & Lubulwa, Godfrey, 1994. "Evaluation of Postharvest Research: Results for an Application to Tropical Fruit Research Projects and Some Further Methodological Issues," 1994 Conference (38th), February 8-10, 1994, Wellington, New Zealand 148168, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Harris, David N., 2006. "Water management in public irrigation schemes in Vietnam," Impact Assessment Series (IAS) 113170, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- McLeod, Ross, 1999. "Improved drying of high moisture grains," Impact Assessment Series (IAS) 47692, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- Tisdell, Clement A. & Wilson, Clevo, 2001. "Breeding and feeding pigs in Australia and Vietnam," Impact Assessment Series (IAS) 47695, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- Maredia, Mywish K., 2009. "Improving the proof: Evolution of and emerging trends in impact assessment methods and approaches in agricultural development," IFPRI discussion papers 929, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ryan, James G., 1999. "Assessing the impact of rice policy changes in Viet Nam and the contribution of policy research:," Impact assessments 8, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lindner, Robert K., 2005. "Impacts of Mud Crab Hatchery Technology in Vietnam," Impact Assessment Series (IAS) 113214, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- Kecuk Suhariyanto & Colin Thirtle, 2001. "Asian Agricultural Productivity and Convergence," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 96-110.
- Zvi Griliches, 1958. "Research Costs and Social Returns: Hybrid Corn and Related Innovations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 419-419.
- Raitzer, David A. & Kelley, Timothy G., 2008. "Benefit-cost meta-analysis of investment in the International Agricultural Research Centers of the CGIAR," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 108-123, March.
- Spielman, David J. & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul, 2009. "Highlights from millions fed: Proven successes in agricultural development," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number Millions Fed Booklet: 200, Winter.
- Spielman, David J. & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul, 2009. "Highlights from millions fed: Proven successes in agricultural development [In Chinese]," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number Millions Fed Booklet [Chi, Winter.
- TRAN Thi Ut & Kei KAJISA, 2006. "The Impact Of Green Revolution On Rice Production In Vietnam," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(2), pages 167-189.
- Mywish K. Maredia & David Anthony Raitzer, 2010. "Estimating overall returns to international agricultural research in Africa through benefit-cost analysis: a "best-evidence" approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 81-100, January.
- Flores-Moya, Piedad & Evenson, Robert E & Hayami, Yujiro, 1978. "Social Returns to Rice Research in the Philippines: Domestic Benefits and Foreign Spillover," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 591-607, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Enoch M. Kikulwe & Nassul .S. Kabunga & Matin Qaim, 2012. "Impact of tissue culture banana technology in Kenya: A difference-in-difference estimation approach," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 117, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Raitzer, David A. & Maredia, Mywish K., 2012. "Analysis of agricultural research investment priorities for sustainable poverty reduction in Southeast Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 412-426.
More about this item
KeywordsSoutheast Asia; Agricultural research; Impact assessment; Benefit–cost analysis; Net present value; Priority setting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:106:y:2012:i:1:p:46-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.