Spatially targeting the distribution of agricultural input stockists in Malawi
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- ReVelle, C. S. & Eiselt, H. A., 2005. "Location analysis: A synthesis and survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 1-19, August.
- Benjamin Spaulding & Robert Cromley, 2007. "Integrating the maximum capture problem into a GIS framework," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 267-288, September.
- Drezner, Tammy & Drezner, Zvi & Salhi, Said, 2002. "Solving the multiple competitive facilities location problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 138-151, October.
- Jonathan Kydd & Andrew Dorward & Jamie Morrison & Georg Cadisch, 2004.
"Agricultural development and pro-poor economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa: potential and policy,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 37-57.
- Kydd, Jonathan & Dorward, Andrew & Morrison, Jamie & Cadisch, Georg, 2002. "Agricultural Development And Pro Poor Economic Growth In Sub Saharan Africa: Potential And Policy," ADU Working Papers 10920, Imperial College at Wye, Department of Agricultural Sciences.
- Dawn Thilmany & Nicole McKenney & David Mushinski & Stephan Weiler, 2005. "Beggar-thy-neighbor economic development: A note on the effect of geographic interdependencies in rural retail markets," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 39(3), pages 593-605, September.
- Kherallah, Mylène & Delgado, Christopher L. & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Minot, Nicholas & Johnson, Michael, 2000. "The road half traveled," Issue briefs 2, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jacoby, Hanan C, 2000. "Access to Markets and the Benefits of Rural Roads," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 713-737, July.
- Kelly, Valerie & Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Gordon, Ann, 2003. "Expanding access to agricultural inputs in Africa: a review of recent market development experience," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 379-404, August.
- T. D. Klastorin, 1979. "Note--On the Maximal Covering Location Problem and the Generalized Assignment Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(1), pages 107-112, January.
- Chilowa, Wycliffe, 1998. "The impact of agricultural liberalisation on food security in Malawi," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 553-569, December.
- Kamara, Abdul B., 2004. "The impact of market access on input use and agricultural productivity: Evidence from Machakos District, Kenya," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 43(2), June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shawn McGuire & Louise Sperling, 2016. "Seed systems smallholder farmers use," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(1), pages 179-195, February.
More about this item
KeywordsRural agro-dealer networks; Locational efficiency; Geographical Information Systems; Accessibility; Set covering problem;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:104:y:2011:i:9:p:694-702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.