Structural changes in the demand for food in Asia: empirical evidence from Taiwan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Jikun & David, Cristina C., 1993. "Demand for cereal grains in Asia: The effect of urbanization," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 107-124, February.
- Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 1998. "Market development and food demand in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 25-45.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1990. "Income Effects on Undernutrition," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(3), pages 489-515, April.
- Capps, Oral, Jr. & Tsai, Reyfong & Kirby, Raymond & Williams, Gary W., 1994. "A Comparison Of Demands For Meat Products In The Pacific Rim Region," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 1-15, July.
- Shoichi Ito & E. Wesley F. Peterson & Warren R. Grant, 1989. "Rice in Asia: Is It Becoming an Inferior Good?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(1), pages 32-42.
- Bouis, Howarth E., 1996.
"A food demand system based on demand for characteristics: If there is 'curvature' in the Slutsky matrix, what do the curves look like and why?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 239-266, December.
- Bouis, Howarth E., 1989. "A Food Demand System Based On Demand For Characteristics: If There Is "Curvature" In The Slutsky Matrix, What Do The Curves Look Like And Why?," 1989 Conference (33rd), February 7-9, 1989, Christchurch, New Zealand 144663, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Sahn, David E. & Alderman, Harold, 1988. "The effects of human capital on wages, and the determinants of labor supply in a developing country," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 157-183, September.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mwangi, Edina Metili & Yu, Bingxin, 2015. "Agricultural diversification and Land use patterns in Southeast Asia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211864, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:wly:agribz:v:34:y:2018:i:3:p:668-684 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cockx, Lara & De Weerdt, Joachim, 2016.
"From Corn to Popcorn? Urbanization and food consumption in Sub-Sahara Africa: Evidence from rural-urban migrants in Tanzania,"
2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
249270, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Lara Cockx & Liesbeth Colen & Joachim De Weerdt, 2017. " From corn to popcorn? Urbanization and food consumption in sub-saharan Africa: evidence from rural-urban migrants in Tanzania," Working Papers of LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance 575175, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Lara Cockx & Liesbeth Colen & Joachim De Weerdt, 2017. "From Corn to Popcorn? Urbanization and Food Consumption in sub-Sahara Africa: Evidence From Rural-Urban Migrants in Tanzania," LICOS Discussion Papers 39017, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Liu, Hongbo & Parton, Kevin A. & Cox, Rodney J., 2006. "Chinese consumer’s perceptions of beef," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 3(2), pages 1-10.
- Ma, Hengyun & Rae, Allan N., 2004.
"Projections of Dairy Product Consumption and Trade Opportunities in China,"
Australasian Agribusiness Review,
University of Melbourne, Department of Agriculture and Food Systems, vol. 12.
- Ma, Hengyun & Rae, Allan N., 2003. "Projections Of Dairy Product Consumption And Trade Opportunities In China," China Agriculture Project Working Papers 23690, Massey University, Centre for Applied Economics and Policy Studies.
- Cao, Li‐Juan & Tian, Wei‐Ming & Wang, Ji‐Min & Malcolm, Bill & Liu, Hong‐Bo & Zhou, Zhang‐Yue, 2013. "Recent Food Consumption Trends in China and Trade," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Department of Agriculture and Food Systems, vol. 21, pages 1-30.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les, 2011. "Are China's energy markets cointegrated?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 398-407, September.
- Yanrui Wu, 2004. "Understanding International Food Consumption Patterns," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-05, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Ma, Hengyun & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Rae, Allan N., 2003. "Livestock Product Consumption Patterns In Urban And Rural China," China Agriculture Project Working Papers 23689, Massey University, Centre for Applied Economics and Policy Studies.
- Ma, Hengyun & Rae, Allan N. & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2004.
"Chinese animal product consumption in the 1990s,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(4), pages 1-22.
- Hengyun Ma & Allan Rae & Jikun Huang & Scott Rozelle, 2004. "Chinese animal product consumption in the 1990s," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(4), pages 569-590, December.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:110:y:2018:i:c:p:140-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Tongeren, Frank W. & Huang, Jikun, 2004. "China'S Food Economy In The Early 21st Century; Development Of China'S Food Economy And Its Impact On Global Trade And On The Eu," Report Series 29093, Wageningen University and Research Center, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
- Bairagi, Subir K. & Mohanty, Samarendu & Ynion, Jhoanne & Demont, Matty, 2017. "Determinants of Consumer Preferences for Rice Attributes: Evidence from South and Southeast Asia," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258384, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Fuller, Frank & Huang, Jikun & Ma, Hengyun & Rozelle, Scott, 2006.
"Got milk? The rapid rise of China's dairy sector and its future prospects,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 201-215, June.
- Fuller, Frank H. & Huang, Jikun & Ma, Hengyun & Rozelle, Scott, 2005. "Got Milk? The Rapid Rise of China's Dairy Sector and Its Future Prospects," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12363, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Curtis, Kynda R. & McCluskey, Jill J. & Wahl, Thomas I., 2003. "Westernization In China: A Case Study In Processed Potatoes," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22036, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Abdulbaki Bilgic & Steven T. Yen, 2014. "Demand for meat and dairy products by Turkish households: a Bayesian censored system approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 117-127, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:26:y:2001:i:1:p:57-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.