Differing perceptions of non-executive directors’ roles in UK SMEs: Governance conundrum or cultural anomaly?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- van Ees, Hans & van der Laan, Gerwin & Postma, Theo J.B.M., 2008. "Effective board behavior in The Netherlands," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 84-93, April.
- Jonas Gabrielsson & Morten Huse, 2002. "The venture capitalist and the board of directors in SMEs: Roles and processes," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 125-146, April.
- De Clercq, Dirk & Sapienza, Harry J., 2006. "Effects of relational capital and commitment on venture capitalists' perception of portfolio company performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 326-347, May.
- Robert J. Bennett & Paul J. A. Robson, 2004. "The role of trust and contract in the supply of business advice," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(4), pages 471-488, July.
- Stiles, Philip & Taylor, Bernard, 2001. "Boards at Work: How Directors View their Roles and Responsibilities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288763.
- Morton Deutsch, 1958. "Trust and suspicion," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 2(4), pages 265-279, December.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-executive directors; Working relationship trust development; Interlocking board membership;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accfor:v:36:y:2012:i:1:p:38-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/accounting-forum .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.