Does noncausality help in forecasting economic time series?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lanne, Markku & Luoto, Jani & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2012.
"Optimal forecasting of noncausal autoregressive time series,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 623-631.
- Lanne, Markku & Luoto, Jani & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2010. "Optimal Forecasting of Noncausal Autoregressive Time Series," MPRA Paper 23648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Markku Lanne & Arto Luoma & Jani Luoto, 2012.
"Bayesian Model Selection And Forecasting In Noncausal Autoregressive Models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(5), pages 812-830, August.
- Lanne, Markku & Luoma, Arto & Luoto, Jani, 2009. "Bayesian Model Selection and Forecasting in Noncausal Autoregressive Models," MPRA Paper 23646, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcellino, Massimiliano & Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W., 2006.
"A comparison of direct and iterated multistep AR methods for forecasting macroeconomic time series,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1-2), pages 499-526.
- Massimiliano Marcellino & James Stock & Mark Watson, 2005. "A Comparison of Direct and Iterated Multistep AR Methods for Forecasting Macroeconomic Time Series," Working Papers 285, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Marcellino, Massimiliano & Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 2005. "A Comparison of Direct and Iterated Multistep AR Methods for Forecasting Macroeconomic Time Series," CEPR Discussion Papers 4976, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lanne, Markku & Nyberg, Henri & Saarinen, Erkka, 2011. "Forecasting U.S. Macroeconomic and Financial Time Series with Noncausal and Causal AR Models: A Comparison," MPRA Paper 30254, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giurcanu, Mihai C., 2015. "A simulation algorithm for non-causal VARMA processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 65-72.
- Nyberg, Henri & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2014. "Forecasting with a noncausal VAR model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 536-555.
- Fries, Sébastien & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2017. "Mixed Causal-Noncausal AR Processes and the Modelling of Explosive Bubbles," MPRA Paper 81345, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hecq, Alain & Issler, João Victor & Telg, Sean, 2017. "Mixed Causal-Noncausal Autoregressions with Strictly Exogenous Regressors," MPRA Paper 80767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jecnmx:v:5:y:2017:i:4:p:48-:d:117025 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hecq A.W. & Lieb L.M. & Telg J.M.A., 2015. "Identification of Mixed Causal-Noncausal Models : How Fat Should We Go?," Research Memorandum 035, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Alain Hecq & Sean Telg & Lenard Lieb, 2017.
"Do Seasonal Adjustments Induce Noncausal Dynamics in Inflation Rates?,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-22, October.
- Hecq, Alain & Telg, Sean & Lieb, Lenard, 2016. "Do Seasonal Adjustments Induce Noncausal Dynamics in Inflation Rates?," MPRA Paper 74922, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Nov 2016.
- Christian Gouriéroux & Jean-Michel Zakoïan, 2017. "Local explosion modelling by non-causal process," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 79(3), pages 737-756, June.
- Nyholm, Juho, 2017. "Residual-based diagnostic tests for noninvertible ARMA models," MPRA Paper 81033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:424-433 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNoncausal autoregression; forecast comparison; macroeconomic variables; financial variables;
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-12-00360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.